The PS3 thread

Gaijin

It's nice and safe, just not easy to get to and play in my room, same goes for my GC,PSone,DC,and N64. :unsure:

Lol, my PS1, DC and N64 are actually out in full view in my living room. Every once in a while I get the urge to play Macross VFX 1, Air Force Delta and Automobili Lamborghini on those systems, in that order...

Lol, my PS1, DC and N64 are actually out in full view in my living room. Every once in a while I get the urge to play Macross VFX 1, Air Force Delta and Automobili Lamborghini on those systems, in that order...

Funny you mention that, latly I'v had a hankering to play Jet Set Radio, and Macross DYRL....But ::sigh:: so much I need to move to connect it. <_<

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

Funny you mention that, latly I'v had a hankering to play Jet Set Radio, and Macross DYRL....But ::sigh:: so much I need to move to connect it. <_<

Do you have DYRL? on the Saturn or the PS? I bought a Saturn and a 4 in 1 Mega-replay-something-or-the-other just so I could play DYRL?. It wasn't a great shooter by any means, but it was a great experience nonetheless...

Finished my gaming cockpit for GT5. I've given thought to adapting it for a HOTAS setup, too but would still need to add arms to hold the throttle and stick (may upgrade my Driving Force GT to a G27 and/or the new Thrustmaster T500RS, depending how much the optional gated shifted (and rumored E-brake) is going to be, so at least the right arm would pull double duty).

Do you have DYRL? on the Saturn or the PS? I bought a Saturn and a 4 in 1 Mega-replay-something-or-the-other just so I could play DYRL?. It wasn't a great shooter by any means, but it was a great experience nonetheless...

I have the PS version. I bought it at a local mom and pop shop, even came with a the strategy (for the staurn version though :rolleyes: ). I loved it. Not the greatest shooter like you said, but it was still a blast to play! :)

Finished my gaming cockpit for GT5. I've given thought to adapting it for a HOTAS setup, too but would still need to add arms to hold the throttle and stick (may upgrade my Driving Force GT to a G27 and/or the new Thrustmaster T500RS, depending how much the optional gated shifted (and rumored E-brake) is going to be, so at least the right arm would pull double duty).

Pictures please!

Here's some quick cell phone pics I took on Christmas day I believe. This was a quick and dirty setup. Already had the lumber and seat (upgraded to Recaros), and just needed to spend about $20 for long screws, casters, etc. Already have plans to smooth out some edges, paint it, etc but perfectly functional for GT5 as is.

post-32-129391269515_thumb.jpg

post-32-129391271258_thumb.jpg

Multi-imput-dealy-switchboxamadoodles are your friend.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll310/shaorin-chan/MacGyver%20System%202010/JohnsRoom7-29-101.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll310/shaorin-chan/VIDEO%20GAMES/DSC_0598.jpg

i have four five-input A/V switchboxes daisy-chained together

to handle all my A/V sources.

two VCRs (S-VHS and BETAMAX) a Laserdisc player, DVD player and ten VG consoles.

the final video output of the last box in line goes directly to the monitor,

while the L/R stereo audio feed goes directly to the VIDEO input on my A/V stereo receiver.

i have a semi-pro grade HD-based digital audio recorder connected to one of the REC loops

on my receiver, so i can make an audibly transparent recording of the audio

of any of Audio or A/V sources that i have, and put it to CD-R...

Here's some quick cell phone pics I took on Christmas day I believe. This was a quick and dirty setup. Already had the lumber and seat (upgraded to Recaros), and just needed to spend about $20 for long screws, casters, etc. Already have plans to smooth out some edges, paint it, etc but perfectly functional for GT5 as is.

Lol, you're gaming setup is better than the wheel and seats I have in my REAL cars...

Ok so I bought and finished TFU2 over the holidays, and I must say that I'm not even close to how I felt after finishing part 1.

To start this should have been a DLC...I finished the game on normal difficulty in under 8 hours and thats with getting a good chunk of medals out of the way on the first run.

In the original game there were 10 locations Starkiller travelled to, giving tons of areas to explore, this expansion (because it warrants no greater recognition) only has 5...Dagobah almost doesn't count!

Game play did improve, especially with Force grip. I found myself getting a little annoyed when trying to target enemies in the air my Force lightning or push would shoot the completely opposite direction.

Also was able to finish the game on hard difficulty, much more of a challenge, but definitely not impossible, looking forward to playing on "unleashed". Although spamming Mind Trick might be a cheap way to go, it makes life much easier as you get zerged by Stormtroopers.

As far as the story goes, Starkiller went from being a torn Sith/Jedi to a cloned romantic with the Force. The initial teaser misled me by showing a conflict between his Dark and Light side, something I was expecting to play through in game, another failure.

Now it was not all bad, there were very well placed continuity pieces in game that made me smile. First was the Z-95 Headhunters shown when the Rogue Shadow arrived to Eclipse's Rebel Fleet. The Headhunters were the precursor to the X-wing and share the same design sans the X-foils. Also on Cado Neimoidia the PA's retelling of the Clone Wars as Imperial Propaganda seemed fitting for a former CIS planet.

And this key piece of Star Wars "missing link" history...I'll leave this up to all of you to get into the debate.

So when the Alliance captured/defeated the Empire on Kamino, is it safe to say this is when the transition from clones to real humans began in earnest?

I give it 3 out 5 stars, hopefully more DLC's will make it worth while. Endor was fun to play, slaughtering Ewoks is always a fun way to spend the afternoon. :D

Edited by Zor Primus

Except that II has some notable improvements. Most noticably almost all of the crashing has been fixed. The menu's load "like butter," and the force powers have been nicely streamlined. Also don't confuse having fewer random planets to play on, for having fewer stages. I actually like how there's no clear definition between levels, instead each stage is a scene transition. It plays a lot more cinamatically that way, in the style of Uncharted.

Reccomendation? Level up your saber skills, things get a lot more fun once stormtrooper limbs start flying.

Edited by Keith

Except that II has some notable improvements. Most noticably almost all of the crashing has been fixed. The menu's load "like butter," and the force powers have been nicely streamlined. Also don't confuse having fewer random planets to play on, for having fewer stages. I actually like how there's no clear definition between levels, instead each stage is a scene transition. It plays a lot more cinamatically that way, in the style of Uncharted.

Reccomendation? Level up your saber skills, things get a lot more fun once stormtrooper limbs start flying.

My game froze at least 3 times already...no improvement there.

Yes, I did leave out the load time improvement, especially when changing costumes.

As for leveling up, I've already managed to power all my Force powers, did it second run on Hard.

Again, the lack of planets made it feel more like an Expansion rather then a sequel...the game was much shorter then the original. That was my problem.

Got TFU2 for Christmas, too. Beat it once, but been too wrapped up in GT5 to go back on another trophy sweep. Maybe in the next couple weeks.

Loved the improved mechanics. Story had promise, but execution, especially the ending was meh. Dark side ending has to be the 'real' one I'm thinking.

Do you want to run the plugin?

:ph34r:

I just get sick and tired of seeing that message every time I open a page.

AWESOME NEW VIDEO GAME

B))

I can't tell you how many times I've bought it while checking the score. The teabagging was a nice, if unnecessary, touch.

This is a case of people with just the right amount of time on their hands.

• 2 weeks later...

Looked like the old arcade game SmashTV but with zombies, is that about right?

Didn't play smash TV but heard ppl making the comparison.

I played similar games like this on Warcraft 3 custom maps, like Night of the Dead.

I just get sick and tired of seeing that message every time I open a page.

B))

I can't tell you how many times I've bought it while checking the score. The teabagging was a nice, if unnecessary, touch.

This is a case of people with just the right amount of time on their hands.

Actual question; Have you EVER responded to a post on this board within a month of anyone actually caring? :huh:

Edited by anime52k8

You need to get a memory card adapter to transfer your files to the "memory card" you create on the PS3 hard drive.

Yeah and from there transfer the saves to the PSP. FM3 only loads from slot 1 still though and I think the saves are hidden in an overall FM3 save file because I cant seem to see them when I check the memory card under the "saved data utility". You can hit the home button with the game open and transfer saves from the virtual slot 2 to memory card slot 1 if you accidentally have the saves in slot 2.

It is pretty awesome to have legit FM3 on PSP finally, salvo away!