The PS3 thread

Gaijin

... I mean, c'mon let's try and not be so ridiculous. And then, let's not forget some of the way-over-the-top cinematics that would make an 80's action star blush, like the MG remake on Game Cube that had snake kicking missiles out of the air. Too much detail or cinematics, like anything, can be a bad thing...

Your going to hate Metal Gear Rising then.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-2011-metal-gear/724548

Your going to hate Metal Gear Rising then.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-2011-metal-gear/724548

Ok, now this I kind of like. They've finally decided to drop the pretentious pseudo-realistic tactical shooter crap and are just making an over the top Ninja Gaiden game with Deus EX:HR esthetics and I can get behind that.

Metal Gear Ray... what have they done to you! >=O Not only did you get the ugliest overhaul ever, but you got thrown around by a disembodied metrosexual (the only living parts of Raiden's body are his skull, excluding the lower jaw, and spinal column) like a dog's chew toy!

I think I'll pass on Rising. I had my fun on MGS4 and it just looks like Shinobi with Gundam 00 plot overtones at the beginning. I will, on the other hand, be expecting greatness from Zone of the Enders 3. Speaking of which, has anyone heard that there's going to be a ZOE HD collection?

ZOE HD colleciton is coming on PS3 & Vita. Maybe the 360 too, who knows :) And mark my words, Rising will be awesome, I just wish they'd included a demo as Snake's dream during the prison scene in Snake Eater HD, instead of putting nothing there...

Yup, and then you're smacked down by the harsh reality of Newtype level trials, & trying to play against japanese pro's online :)

They're good but not impossible to beat. I'm sitting at 5wins out of 11 matches. The game isn't that difficult if you master one or two suits. I just wish strike noir was in the game. I'm best with that one in the arcades (course its not usually allowed in tourneys).

I've already beat trial mode and have two of the 3 mission modes complete.

Edited by jwinges

They're good but not impossible to beat. I'm sitting at 5wins out of 11 matches. The game isn't that difficult if you master one or two suits. I just wish strike noir was in the game. I'm best with that one in the arcades (course its not usually allowed in tourneys).

I've already beat trial mode and have two of the 3 mission modes complete.

I've still got a couple crazy hard trial missions to clear, and I'm about 56 out of 120 something wins online. Funny thing though, what I initially thought was a random host disconnect I'm starting to think is a surprising number of Japanese players that can't handle losing...

I've still got a couple crazy hard trial missions to clear, and I'm about 56 out of 120 something wins online. Funny thing though, what I initially thought was a random host disconnect I'm starting to think is a surprising number of Japanese players that can't handle losing...

You get rage quitters in just about every game. Heck, just the other day I was playing the King of fighters 13 demo which has online and someone rage quit. Its a freaking demo and yet for some reason these people care about winning or losing.

You get rage quitters in just about every game. Heck, just the other day I was playing the King of fighters 13 demo which has online and someone rage quit. Its a freaking demo and yet for some reason these people care about winning or losing.

I'm used to seeiing it here, I just didn't expect to see it so frequently with Japanese gamers for some reason ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed something weird with my Netflix playback: after a while the playback goes "dark," like it's going into a screensaver mode or something. The video along with its audio is still streaming at its normal speed, just darker. Is this normal? At the touch of any button on my remote the normal lighting levels return. Has it always been this way?

I just noticed something weird with my Netflix playback: after a while the playback goes "dark," like it's going into a screensaver mode or something. The video along with its audio is still streaming at its normal speed, just darker. Is this normal? At the touch of any button on my remote the normal lighting levels return. Has it always been this way?

I think thats the PS3's screensaver my xbox 360 does the same thing if the controller isn't touched for awhile.

I think thats the PS3's screensaver my xbox 360 does the same thing if the controller isn't touched for awhile.

The screen (for both) is supposed to get dark if the console is just sitting on the dashboard, but it's not supposed to do it during video playback.

I've been watching a ton of TNG on Netflix. I'm about midway through season 6, and what myk's described has happened to me once. Just once.

The first artdink game for the vita has been announced:

http://www.the-magicbox.com/1112/game111227a.shtml

That's right, it's the next entry into the Gundam Battle series, and unfortunately, it's only going to be SEED related. And here I was hoping for some GB Unicorn goodness... The upside, it looks pretty good. Hell, the models look a lot like gunpla. Now it's only a matter of time before we see a full on rendition of the Macross series, hopefully spanning what's already been covered +. It should be easier with the fewer number of Valkyries vs the tons of mobile suits that have come out over hte many series.

The first artdink game for the vita has been announced:

http://www.the-magic...me111227a.shtml

That's right, it's the next entry into the Gundam Battle series, and unfortunately, it's only going to be SEED related. And here I was hoping for some GB Unicorn goodness... The upside, it looks pretty good. Hell, the models look a lot like gunpla. Now it's only a matter of time before we see a full on rendition of the Macross series, hopefully spanning what's already been covered +. It should be easier with the fewer number of Valkyries vs the tons of mobile suits that have come out over hte many series.

I'm torn between my disdain for Gundam SEED and how awesome that game looks. My disappointment over not having a Gundam Battle game with a full Victory campaign and suits from Unicorn added to the mess of suits already in Gundam Battle Universe is at odds with my desire to play a new Gundam Battle game.

I don't think it's enough to get me to buy a Vita at launch... but maybe when I inevitably cave and buy one there will be a "The Best" version to import...

I'm really surprised they chose SEED instead of 00 or Age.I get the feeling that the chose it due ot the variety of types of mobile suits, and hopefully the next installment will include more U.C. content.

But SEED doesn't have the variety that UC does, plus UC (especially the One Year War stuff) is always crazy popular. SEED's just an odd choice. Unless it was somehow more popular in Japan that I realized, there are both better Gundam series and newer Gundam series.

But SEED doesn't have the variety that UC does, plus UC (especially the One Year War stuff) is always crazy popular. SEED's just an odd choice. Unless it was somehow more popular in Japan that I realized, there are both better Gundam series and newer Gundam series.

it's probably got something to do with the whole 10th anniversary of it's original broadcast thing going on in 2012. They're doing HD remasters of the series and cranking out a bunch of MG model kits so why not a video game while they're at it.

I think it's the worst Gundam series myself, but barring UC it's probably the only feasible option if they wanted to do a universe specific game, given its larger roster of pilots and MS compared to other AUs.

I think it's the worst Gundam series myself, but barring UC it's probably the only feasible option if they wanted to do a universe specific game, given its larger roster of pilots and MS compared to other AUs.

But again, if number of available pilots/mecha is the thing, it still makes more sense to stick with UC. And I agree with it being the worst Gundam series.
it's probably got something to do with the whole 10th anniversary of it's original broadcast thing going on in 2012. They're doing HD remasters of the series and cranking out a bunch of MG model kits so why not a video game while they're at it.
10 years already? Man, times flies. But yeah, this is the best explaination I've heard for why they're making a SEED game instead of a UC or multi-universe Gundam game.