Character Art Appreciation Thread III

Vepariga

you gotta give the guy credit... but... the urge to plant large numbers of m-80's all around that POS... is immence. When i was little, i made something that vaguely looked like the Yamato out of legos. MY brother shoved a m-80 into the wave motion barrel. i might have found like 10% of the ship looking around the yard before i ratted him out to mom...

Edited by TehPW

you gotta give the guy credit... but... the urge to plant large numbers of m-80's all around that POS... is immence. When i was little, i made something that vaguely looked like the Yamato out of legos. MY brother shoved a m-80 into the wave motion barrel. i might have found like 10% of the ship looking around the yard before i ratted him out to mom...

Ooookay..... I suddenly feel like a psychiatrist in session.

Ooookay..... I suddenly feel like a psychiatrist in session.

LOL im an AS, not a AO, 'mate. seriously, when Star Blazers was airing on tv i was inspired to make what vaguely looked, from the POV of a 9-10 year old, the Yamato. Ok, the Argo. My brother on the other hand was a complete d*ck... that was when the first-generation lego people legs came out i think, thats what i used for turrets, with a 2-piece. I dont think they came out with the round barrel pieces yet (that came out when they started making Star Wars-themed kits)...

I was responding to TehPW...

Derp. Sometimes i drive the topic bus into oncoming traffic, sometimes the topic bus rams into me LOL...

Edited by TehPW

Anger Management, anyone?

Not sure what to make of Mikimoto's recent Basara renditions. Basara never wore anything "fashionable"; he lives in a decrepit apartment block in the slums and wastes no time on anything but his music, so seeing him dressed up like some Shibuya trendy-boy is somewhat jarring.

Sorry for the blurry shots, but heres some pics of the (relatively) new Mikimoto character art on clear plastic (they arent A4 clear files, just kinda A4 plastic posters).

SO PRETTY....

If you could make Hi-res scans of those you would be the greatest person in the history of forever.

Sometimes he gets bored of wearing the same jeans with the same tank top everyday every night everywhere and needs to indulge his fangirl pleasing side.

the question begs: If he never left earth, would he have his pad in rebuilt San Fransico?

SO PRETTY....

If you could make Hi-res scans of those you would be the greatest person in the history of forever.

Please do. The Sheryl and Ranka pic are especially pleasing in a naughty and yet nice kinda of way. Edited by TehPW

Holy **** dude, you need to put some tag, i almost spill coffee on my office pc.

Having said that, where is the link to buy it?

Sorry for the blurry shots, but heres some pics of the (relatively) new Mikimoto character art on clear plastic (they arent A4 clear files, just kinda A4 plastic posters).

post-14140-0-95215900-1358262215.jpg

Edited by crixskn

Not sure what to make of Mikimoto's recent Basara renditions. Basara never wore anything "fashionable"; he lives in a decrepit apartment block in the slums and wastes no time on anything but his music, so seeing him dressed up like some Shibuya trendy-boy is somewhat jarring.

But the context for his outfit was explained previously - the man is going to a party and has to look the part!

http://www.macrossworld.com/3613/new-mikimoto-ebata-character-art/

Holy **** dude, you need to put some tag, i almost spill coffee on my office pc.

Having said that, where is the link to buy it?

Tag for what? That pic is in no way NSFW unless you work in a monastery or something lol!

Unfortunately these particular items aren't commercially released although I'm sure the artwork will pop up elsewhere in the near future.

It's not an explanation -- he didn't even bother dressing up for Mylene's birthday party, remember. :p

Oh comeon, as if the 30th Anniversary party isnt bigger than Mylene's! :-p

Ah, and that art is already popping up elsewhere. Like on this years new fanclub membership card, for example.

post-9325-0-77007800-1358306817_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

It speaks volumes that they care enough about their 'boss' to carry her home when she's sauced out. The backstory about all three of them as a unit is sadly untold (but should be)

Edited by TehPW

A larger version of a pic I posted previously.

Could it be any more pink?

Oh god why???

Megumi Nakajima has always had a wonderful smile, and really sincere one. Heck you can even hear her smile when she sings in an honest way of her really enjoying it.

(Unlike say many musicals where they smile while singing and it sounds like they are manic)

Now I know what she looks like when she's straining to smile. First time I have seen her fake smile. I'm sorry to see that they coerced her into posing with this. Just from looking at her face I can see she is none too happy with this insane skewing of .... who the hell are they trying to sell this to anyway?

Even as a Ranka fangear only aspect VF this is fail.

Ranka seldom wears pink, and when she does it's not a light pink; that looks like trash with bold green hair.

Now I know what she looks like when she's straining to smile. First time I have seen her fake smile. I'm sorry to see that they coerced her into posing with this. Just from looking at her face I can see she is none too happy with this insane skewing of .... who the hell are they trying to sell this to anyway?

Even as a Ranka fangear only aspect VF this is fail.

Err.. but Megumi designed this paint scheme herself...

It was part of a contest a few years back... she designed her own custom paint scheme, fans would submit their own customs. She's select the one she liked the best. Then you meet her, you give her your Valk, and she gives you her own pink one.