Kaa-'Tsai Lecon Prane?

captain america

Oh, captain, my captain, one little question: you'll produce only 40 pieces of this baby ? Because i'll be without money until september... I want this plane too, but as usual don't have the $$$... :(

40 is the minimum threshold that will make the project viable, so I need at least that many to give it the green light. If I have the opportunity to make more than that, great :)

To anyone reading this who is on the edge: You won't be disapointed with a J.Mosc model. His work is impeccable, and always as realistic as it gets. If your on the edge...get in while the getting is good. The Tanmen Catseye has been fetching a lot of money since it's not available anymore...consider this a chance at investing! :)

To anyone reading this who is on the edge: You won't be disapointed with a J.Mosc model. His work is impeccable, and always as realistic as it gets. If your on the edge...get in while the getting is good. The Tanmen Catseye has been fetching a lot of money since it's not available anymore...consider this a chance at investing! :)

Thanks for a rational reason to justify buying one......INVESTING :D...sure, right, yup...

*Sigh* Put me down for one please!

Funny thing...it might not be far off. I bought a lot of models a few years ago, and recently realized I needed to make some room. (I was easily going to die before I built them all) Some examples:

- Fine Molds Falcon - Purchased $199 - Sold $450

- 1/48 MK2 Viper - Purchased $39.99 - Sold $85

At the same time my son sold some 3 year old lego sets that also doubled in value. (General Grevious's ship amongst) Ill tell you...I didn't have any stocks or investments that doubled in 3 years...but I had toys and models that did! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

(I am still trying to convince my wife that this isn't me being a big kid, but actually a clever investment strategy....she isn't, however, buying it! )

Don't worry, the interest still do not reach the 40 mark.

I've been waffling because I am going to end up living in a house made of model kit boxes if I don't get a bigger place soon, but I'm in. I can't let one of these glorious Moscato projects slip past.

In for one.

Don't worry, the interest still do not reach the 40 mark.

But it will... for sure! (I count 32 until now) I can't wait to see his version, sure it will be better than Tanmen one. May be I should try to sell my kit on ebay or so. Anyway, this time, I would like to see if there will be significant differences between both versions, before to decide if I buy another Cat's Eye or not.

Edited by cool8or

Funny thing...it might not be far off. I bought a lot of models a few years ago, and recently realized I needed to make some room. (I was easily going to die before I built them all) Some examples:

- Fine Molds Falcon - Purchased $199 - Sold $450

)

Holy cow - I didn't realize those had gone up in value that much.... I could've sworn HLJ was still selling them....

Hi everyone!

Well OK, here it is, my proposal for the 1/72 Kaa-'Tsai in 1/72 scale. I was hoping that it would be a less expensive project, but after checking the actual size of the plane, it turns out that it's a pretty big little bugger, and so the price reflects that.

Here are the features that the kit would have:

-detailed cockpits with vac-formed canopies

-may be built with deployed, reinforced landing gear, or gear up

-incorporated sto-wing would allow kit to be built with wings folded or not

-projected price of $185 plus shipping/transfer fees

I would need a minimum of 40 requests in order to get this project going, so if you want it, now's the time to stand up and be counted. As always, if you have any questions, just ask ^_^

Captain: I'll take one. When would you want the money?

Captain: I'll take one. When would you want the money?

I won't be pan-handling until early June or so; essentially, you'll only be asked to part with your digits once the master is done ^_^

I've already started doing some drafting and double-checking the line-art. Based on the original reference material, it seems like Tanmen's interpretation differs slightly with what I see in terms of the fuselage shape, which may not necessarily be wrong, because the artwork leaves things rather ambiguous.

Edited by captain america

I won't be pan-handling until early June or so; essentially, you'll only be asked to part with your digits once the master is done ^_^

I've already started doing some drafting and double-checking the line-art. Based on the original reference material, it seems like Tanmen's interpretation differs slightly with what I see in terms of the fuselage shape, which may not necessarily be wrong, because the artwork leaves things rather ambiguous.

June works well. Thanks.

Mmmm... if the proyect is in danger, I'll go for one... I hope to get a good price if I sell my Tanmen version... :unsure:

I think one of the factor on the slow in commitment is due the title of this project.

I don't normally read thru every topics here. So when this topic was posted a few weeks ago I saw "Kaa-'Tsai Lecon Prane". I didn't care to look what it's about until a few weeks later and saw it belongs to Captain America :blink: !!! I translated "Kaa-'Tsai Lecon Prane" and immediately voice my support.

I think one of the factor on the slow in commitment is due the title of this project.

I don't normally read thru every topics here. So when this topic was posted a few weeks ago I saw "Kaa-'Tsai Lecon Prane". I didn't care to look what it's about until a few weeks later and saw it belongs to Captain America :blink: !!! I translated "Kaa-'Tsai Lecon Prane" and immediately voice my support.

I totally dig the mangled Engrish on the boxes, but I als had a "what the hell is that" moment the first few times I saw the thread.

Guys. One of the reasons for the engrish titles it to keep IP owners from being able to Google this stuff.

Bingo! It keeps me off the predators' radar for one. Second, "Kaa-'Tsai" is completely separate and legally-distinct from "Cat's Eye" and so a claimant would have no standing to bring legal action (or threats of legal action) based on alleged copyright infringement.

Edited by captain america