Bandai 1/60 Scale DX VF-27 Thread

KiriK

Yay new dedicated thread for VF-27! I personally think this is is a GREAT toy and well engineered to be sleeker and thinner than the chunkier VF-25's. I was disappointed though that it cost the same as a VF-25 WITH armor and had less accessories.

Agreed, fighter (and gerwalk) may be quite a leap forward compared to the VF-25, but in battroid, it ain't such a fantastic-looking toy.

Let me reiterate that I'd be all over a V2 VF-25 if they applied all the design features of the Lucifer, so far I've bought none.

Just personal view; I still do not like the battroid mode, although there are already improvements over the VF-25.

I'm pretty happy with the Battroid mode on my VF-27. It feels more stable than my VF-25S. Little features like the neck being long enough without having to part swap, and the range of motion of the legs are great. I also think the way the wings fold up looks cooler. My only complaint is the little canards by the canopy. It seems like they can get in the way pretty easily.

I have a silly question for the serious collector: the Bandai "DX Chogokins" (*mostly plastic anyway) seem to have a poor paint application, supposedly the shiny plastic surface is the culprit since it does not help paint attachment to itself. OK, what happens with a a clear coat? doesn't it have the same adhesion problem? won't it just come off as well and take the livery with it?

I still haven't found "Future" or it's equivalent in Hong Kong, sounds like it's the best alternative.

I <3 my VF-27 and display it in Battroid. Too bad the Super Folda Boosta isn't more cheaply available for Brera owners.

I'm pretty happy with the Battroid mode on my VF-27. It feels more stable than my VF-25S. Little features like the neck being long enough without having to part swap, and the range of motion of the legs are great. I also think the way the wings fold up looks cooler. My only complaint is the little canards by the canopy. It seems like they can get in the way pretty easily.

I very agree with the improvements... But I would prefer it to be slenderer.

Just personal taste (also cannot accept the chunkies in the 80s myself!).

sharing my VF-27 :)

wonder if Bandai would make the beam effect like the one in the model kit ....

This is the only DX Macross F Valkyrie I own, so I'm not too familar with them. That stand that you are using for the Fighter mode...is that a standalone stand put out by Bandai, where did you get it, and is it designed for the DX's, or is it a model kit stand that you adapted for use with the VF-27?

This is the only DX Macross F Valkyrie I own, so I'm not too familar with them. That stand that you are using for the Fighter mode...is that a standalone stand put out by Bandai, where did you get it, and is it designed for the DX's, or is it a model kit stand that you adapted for use with the VF-27?

It's the stand that came with the VF-25G... doesn't fit too well due to the huge beam gun though :(

hi guys,

I need some advice. My VF27 color (pinkish) came off from transformation. does anyone know the colors to make the closest match on tamiya acrylic paints? I have no idea what's written in the Japanese manual (1/72 model kit).

10100764t.jpg

1st 3

H43 85%, H93 10%, H90 5% & H1

H43 80%, H49 10% & H93 10%

H49 65%, H43 20%, H1 10% & H90 5% (This batch of color) Tamiya code please.

ok, Found anubis20 (tq) from the previous forum topic. will give it a try.

Cheers,

ikhii

Edited by ikhii

The VF-27 looks good in all 3 modes; however, the thighs are a bit thick, and movement is a little restricted in part by the chunkiness, but also b/c of the canards (really crappy design to put those canards where they'll most likely contact the upper legs in battroid). The slightly too-high placement of the thighs and the lack of a locking mechanism to keep the crotch angled out, as seen in the anime/lineart, are really the only detractors. After handling my YF-21 and Yf-19 for the first time in prob a year, I have to say I enjoy fiddling with my VF-27 much more. It is a very solid toy, holds poses far better, and just looks great. Love to see the metal showing through the ankle guards. And, unlike my Yammies, the gear are pretty easy to extend and retract without resorting to toothpicks and tweezers (no paint means no scratches, either). Absolutely no regrets buying this thing.

I need to break out my SV-51 and put it next to the VF-27. It's prob my favorite Yamato valk, along w/ the VF-0.

I'd like to get Grace's VF-27, but I'm getting my backyard done, so there's a significant deferrence of funds happening, and sacrifices must be made (plus, I promised the wife, who generally doesn't care what I buy, as far as toys go, so I owe her)

hi guys,

I need some advice. My VF27 color (pinkish) came off from transformation. does anyone know the colors to make the closest match on tamiya acrylic paints? I have no idea what's written in the Japanese manual (1/72 model kit).

10100764t.jpg

1st 3

H43 85%, H93 10%, H90 5% & H1

H43 80%, H49 10% & H93 10%

H49 65%, H43 20%, H1 10% & H90 5% (This batch of color) Tamiya code please.

ok, Found the guy who made the changes from the previous forum topic. will give it a try.

Cheers,

ikhii

Check my post on the last DX thread, I used tamiyas to fix mine

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...mp;#entry835042

Edit: Nevermind, saw you linked to it already :lol:

Edited by anubis20

I agree the gears are easier to take out of the bays, but struts are painted: raw metal is not so shiny. They did not paint the gear hubs though, all-black one-piece plastic is definitely not as "realistic" as the yamato rubber+metal approach. I am not sure I like how they don't seem to lock when deployed, so it is up to oneself to keep them straight. Certainly would not bother comparing it to the VF-25DX's gears.

I agree the gears are easier to take out of the bays, but struts are painted: raw metal is not so shiny. They did not paint the gear hubs though, all-black one-piece plastic is definitely not as "realistic" as the yamato rubber+metal approach. I am not sure I like how they don't seem to lock when deployed, so it is up to oneself to keep them straight. Certainly would not bother comparing it to the VF-25DX's gears.

The struts aren't raw metal but I don't think they're painted either, it seams a lot harder than normal paint anyways. It's like some sort of coating that isn't actually paint.

It's too bad that the wheels don't lock, but at least they don't callapse when you roll it on a surface. I would really have liked rubber tires, although at least with single piece wheels the tires can't pop off.

if you mean the VF-27, trust me, the tires+wheel hub cap are one piece only, like a oreo sandwich with a hole at the center. I painted mine and I am pretty sure, you're right about the plastic being rubbery.

I still think this is light years ahead of the VF-25.

if you mean the VF-27, trust me, the tires+wheel hub cap are one piece only, like a oreo sandwich with a hole at the center. I painted mine and I am pretty sure, you're right about the plastic being rubbery.

I still think this is light years ahead of the VF-25.

nope

_DSC1498.jpg

:o :o :o :o

you didn't have to break yours to prove me wrong!

looks like glued, or am I wrong again?

nope it's not glued, the wheel just has a really rough mold and the plastic/rubber of the tire is really tight. But you can push it off the wheel with just your thumb and push it back on the same way.