Bah, the Sazabi is a fatty. A 2.0 would be nice although I know it would be rediculously expensive considering the current 10 year old kit costs more than the Sinanju or a Hi-nu gundam.

Now an MG Nightengale would be interesting. but if You have to have one you could always try to track down the crazy expensive G-System resin kit

Rather than get the g-system one, check out his sweet custom one made by gundampro

http://www.gundampro.com/news/nightingale2009.php

-Archer

Seen the latest news... wow The-O is definitely a great addition to the MG line.

So what about V2 Gundam (1st) and 00 Raiser (3rd) from the MG survey, are they going to be made too?

On a side note, am I the only one here that wishes the MG Gundam Ver.2 looked like the Real Grade one.

On a side note, am I the only one here that wishes the MG Gundam Ver.2 looked like the Real Grade one.

yep, you are. ^_^ The RG looks cool and all, but what I want in a RX-78-2 kit is a model that actually looks like the RX-78-2 IN THE CARTOON.

personally I wished the MG 2.0 looked more like the cartoon version. the hinge on the chest hatch and the shape of the skirt armor are both wrong and it bugs me to death. totally killed any intrest I had in building an MG 2.0 until I've got the time to do mod and fully paint one.

Im happy with the choice for the Big O looks like a kick ass mech. It was one of my choices

on the survey. But I think Bandai may have used the survey as a base for a release schedule. I found it odd that it asked for a limited number of Mecha in the Gundam Universe. Probably the ones with the most requests will get released earlier. I too would like the Geera Doga series. Its about time they move away from the Zakus into more modern Cannon Fodder Mecha. Still not fond of the V-dash. I m waiting on the full V version. I guess they will milk that cow to emaciation before we get the full V Gundam.

In terms of the Sasabi. I love that mech. I would like to see a version 2.0 with newer mechanics. In terms of the nightingale. That thing is fugly. Unbelievably FUGY. Its ridiculeous looking.

My Lovely Shiny MG Sazabi

DSC02829.jpg

In terms of the Sasabi. I love that mech. I would like to see a version 2.0 with newer mechanics. In terms of the nightingale. That thing is fugly. Unbelievably FUGY. Its ridiculeous looking.

The door is that way ----->

Thanks.

Anyhoo, I also wished the MG V2.0 Gundam looked like the RG version and subsequently the MG FA Gundam had the same styling as the FIX Figuration version. But oh well, we don't all get our way :lol:

Anyone else think that the RG series is a HCMPro successor by the hobby division in order to compete with the Robot Damashii series? The size and detail are very similar.

Rather than get the g-system one, check out his sweet custom one made by gundampro

http://www.gundampro.com/news/nightingale2009.php

-Archer

Wow that nightingaleis awesome. I wonder how much time he spent on it. Still its bulbess and ridiculous. I think the natural evolution of the Sazabi is the Sinanju

Wow that nightingaleis awesome. I wonder how much time he spent on it. Still its bulbess and ridiculous. I think the natural evolution of the Sazabi is the Sinanju

What part of Gundam isn't all about excess and ridiculousness? I take it you don't care for designs like the Dendrobium or Hummingbird either, or any of the Titans Test Team prototypes for instance.

Strong Nightingale DNA can even be seen in the NZ-666 Kshatriya, as well.

Edited by Vostok 7

The price has been confirmed for "The 0". It going to cost a whopping 12,600 Yen!

Looks like its a summer or late third quarter release.

By the way, what do u guys think about the new gunpla anime? And the new gunpla beginning gundam?

What part of Gundam isn't all about excess and ridiculousness? I take it you don't care for designs like the Dendrobium or Hummingbird either, or any of the Titans Test Team prototypes for instance.

Strong Nightingale DNA can even be seen in the NZ-666 Kshatriya, as well.

I dont want a flame war. But the hummingbird or Zeta Bst is a beautiful design. Why? Its made for long distance recon and strike missions. It can abandon its armor and become a regular very mobile Zeta. It can actually still be agile with all that armor. Movements are not restricted by the armor. The Kshatriya same story there. The Nightingale just doesnt seem to be all that agile. How can it move its arms or legs without hitting its own armor. Its cumbersome and all that body weight makes no sense. On the Kshatriya the large veneers can rotate in multiple directions act as thrusters, shields, They have small maneuver arms that manipulate weapons, and because they provide an obstructed access to weapons but on the nightingale it seems overdone. For Example Why does it need a 30 foot head horn?? But anyway I just dont like it for the reasons I pointed out.

G-Gundam was the best Gundam. BANDAI WHAR IZ MY HURRICANE NEO-NETHERLANDS "WINDMILL" GANDAM MG??11!!! :angry:

G Gundam IS the best gundam. I hope Snail00 is right about Bandai planing to make everything on the list eventually, I want a Nobel Gundam.

"G-Gundam was the best Gundam. BANDAI WHAR IZ MY HURRICANE NEO-NETHERLANDS "WINDMILL" GANDAM MG??11!!!"--Ghost Train

LOL :lol: You guys are fricken hilarious !

"By the way, what do u guys think about the new gunpla anime? And the new gunpla beginning gundam?"-- Archer

Whats this about a new Gundam Gunpla Series???

Vesp

I dont want a flame war. But the hummingbird or Zeta Bst is a beautiful design. Why? Its made for long distance recon and strike missions. It can abandon its armor and become a regular very mobile Zeta. It can actually still be agile with all that armor. Movements are not restricted by the armor. The Kshatriya same story there. The Nightingale just doesnt seem to be all that agile. How can it move its arms or legs without hitting its own armor. Its cumbersome and all that body weight makes no sense. On the Kshatriya the large veneers can rotate in multiple directions act as thrusters, shields, They have small maneuver arms that manipulate weapons, and because they provide an obstructed access to weapons but on the nightingale it seems overdone. For Example Why does it need a 30 foot head horn?? But anyway I just dont like it for the reasons I pointed out.

Actually, if you want to get technical, the Hummingbird removes the legs (and arms IIRC) of the Zeta and replaces them with huge boosters, so really the armor and boosters aren't really that removable.

30 foot head horn? Why do Gundams need gold colored V-Fins and to be painted in Super Robot color schemes? Or giant wings made of light?

The Nightingale was as fast and maneuverable as the Hi-Nu Gundam which was a much more agile-looking design, so it can't have been that bad. It was just built with the technology that Neo Zeon had available at the time. Same reason the Sazabi is relatively large and encumbered looking but was a match for the Nu Gundam, or how the original Gelgoogs and Doms looked unwieldy but got the job done.

I look at the technology of Zeon as being something like the Soviets in the Cold War. Instead of light weight, they just used bigger engines. Instead of finesse, they used bigger weapons. As a result, their equipment was often outdated and unwieldy, but it got the job done and usually was as good or sometimes better than the equivalent from the West. Zeon is similar, they don't always have the latest tech but they always find a way to make up for it in some way.

Why do Gundams need gold colored V-Fins and to be painted in Super Robot color schemes? Or giant wings made of light?

The sponsors demand(ed) it :lol:

I actually prefer the units that have normal looking antennas or no visible ones as opposed to the v-fin style myself.

I look at the technology of Zeon as being something like the Soviets in the Cold War. Instead of light weight, they just used bigger engines. Instead of finesse, they used bigger weapons. As a result, their equipment was often outdated and unwieldy, but it got the job done and usually was as good or sometimes better than the equivalent from the West. Zeon is similar, they don't always have the latest tech but they always find a way to make up for it in some way.

I don't necessarily agree with this analysis, though you probably know more about MS history than I :p . I think that when the Feddies first started building MS, they focused on constructing an internal frame/skeleton, and then worry about stuff like weapons, propulsion, and other add-ons (later evolving into the movable-frame concept), which is why GM's are lean. Zeon's design philosophy was to cram stuff into the external armor shell resulting in the bulkier designs.

Technologically, I would say that at the end of the OYW, the standard space grunt Feddie unit (The plain ol' GM) was far superior than the Zeke grunt unit, the iconic Zaku II. But since both design lineages merge following OYW, it's hard to argue who was higher in the tech-tree, as Zeon is now relegated to a fringe organization. Plus, being the good arms dealer AE supplied both sides with MS.

I don't necessarily agree with this analysis, though you probably know more about MS history than I :p . I think that when the Feddies first started building MS, they focused on constructing an internal frame/skeleton, and then worry about stuff like weapons, propulsion, and other add-ons (later evolving into the movable-frame concept), which is why GM's are lean. Zeon's design philosophy was to cram stuff into the external armor shell resulting in the bulkier designs.

In the end, we're pretty much saying the same thing, really. ;)

For instance, US philosophy to getting humans to space: Use only as many rockets as necessary, make sure it's safe as possible, lightweight is key. Soviet philosophy to getting to space: Cram as many rocket motors in to a tube as possible, put a guy in an iron ball at the top and light the fuse. Both worked, but one was decidedly inferior and much more dangerous, even though it worked "first".

Now, look at the underskirt of a Gelgoog or a Dom or the Nightingale and tell me the Zeons didn't follow the Soviet mentality of things ;)

In the end, we're pretty much saying the same thing, really. ;)

For instance, US philosophy to getting humans to space: Use only as many rockets as necessary, make sure it's safe as possible, lightweight is key. Soviet philosophy to getting to space: Cram as many rocket motors in to a tube as possible, put a guy in an iron ball at the top and light the fuse. Both worked, but one was decidedly inferior and much more dangerous, even though it worked "first".

Now, look at the underskirt of a Gelgoog or a Dom or the Nightingale and tell me the Zeons didn't follow the Soviet mentality of things ;)

While there is some visual similarity between certain Zeon suits and Soviet rockets (i.e. excessive rocket motor fetish), in terms of Design and engineering mentality, Zeon is much more akin to Nazi Germany (which make sense, considering how hard they try to hammer home the "Zeon = Space Nazi's" message in ever other aspect of their depiction).

Russian engineering philosophy tends to be quick and crude but it get's the job done. Zeon Mobile Suits on the other hand tended to be really over-engineered, where they've got the most armor, weapons, speed, etc. but end up being either one off prototypes or not deployed in large enough numbers to make a difference; much like German weapons in WWII.

Also much like the Germans, Zeon ended up shooting themselves in the foot by wasting all their resources trying to develop all these one-off magic bullet Mobile armors instead of making a good enough robot and fielding as many of those as possible.

Comparing Zeon suits to Federation suit's it's very much like comparing German tigers to American Sherman tanks in WWII. The top of the line Zeon suits like the Gelgoog totally outclassed the GM's in very single way but it didn't really matter because the federation could keep throwing cheap, disposable GM's at them until they overwhelmed the Zeon.

the Federation were working under the mindset of "we can build it cheap, we can build it fast, and it's good enough to get the job done." while Zeon when the direction of "If we build the Best robot possible, it will be so bad ass that it will always win."

As for the Nightingale specifically, I think the design actually makes a fair amount of sense as far as Giant robots go and fit's in well with the zeon tradition of mecha design.

The Nightingale is specifically designed for space combat, so it doesn't need to use it's arms and legs very much and it doesn't have to worry about weight since it's not under gravity. instead they give it has huge numbers of thrusters and verniers so that it can move and maneuver very fast while blowing stuff up with it's huge arsenal of weapons.

:EDIT:

but I think what's REALLY important is that I finally had time to apply all my the decals and finish my Sinanju kit. God I hate doing dry transfers, especially this many of them.

Seriously, I think hell is having to sit at a table and endlessly apply dry transfer decals to model a model kit for all eternity, just applying and applying and never making any progress.

I'm gonna take pictures later once the suns up.

Edited by anime52k8

While there is some visual similarity between certain Zeon suits and Soviet rockets (i.e. excessive rocket motor fetish), in terms of Design and engineering mentality, Zeon is much more akin to Nazi Germany (which make sense, considering how hard they try to hammer home the "Zeon = Space Nazi's" message in ever other aspect of their depiction).

Russian engineering philosophy tends to be quick and crude but it get's the job done. Zeon Mobile Suits on the other hand tended to be really over-engineered, where they've got the most armor, weapons, speed, etc. but end up being either one off prototypes or not deployed in large enough numbers to make a difference; much like German weapons in WWII.

Also much like the Germans, Zeon ended up shooting themselves in the foot by wasting all their resources trying to develop all these one-off magic bullet Mobile armors instead of making a good enough robot and fielding as many of those as possible.

Comparing Zeon suits to Federation suit's it's very much like comparing German tigers to American Sherman tanks in WWII. The top of the line Zeon suits like the Gelgoog totally outclassed the GM's in very single way but it didn't really matter because the federation could keep throwing cheap, disposable GM's at them until they overwhelmed the Zeon.

the Federation were working under the mindset of "we can build it cheap, we can build it fast, and it's good enough to get the job done." while Zeon when the direction of "If we build the Best robot possible, it will be so bad ass that it will always win."

As for the Nightingale specifically, I think the design actually makes a fair amount of sense as far as Giant robots go and fit's in well with the zeon tradition of mecha design.

The Nightingale is specifically designed for space combat, so it doesn't need to use it's arms and legs very much and it doesn't have to worry about weight since it's not under gravity. instead they give it has huge numbers of thrusters and verniers so that it can move and maneuver very fast while blowing stuff up with it's huge arsenal of weapons.

but I think what's REALLY important is that I finally had time to apply all my the decals and finish my Sinanju kit. God I hate doing dry transfers, especially this many of them.

Seriously, I think hell is having to sit at a table and endlessly apply dry transfer decals to model a model kit for all eternity, just applying and applying and never making any progress.

Zieg Zeon!

There are a lot of references in aesthetics to Nazi Germans isnt there, uniforms, the salute, MS, and the storm trooper fodder mentality as well. I would much more acccept your reasoning above for the Quel than the NG.

post-12470-127392821407_thumb.jpg

As for the Bandai releasing the list of Gundams on their Schedule. I wish this one was on their list

post-12470-127392825473_thumb.jpg

Well, the Nazi Germany connection is obvious, they never made an attempt to hide the analogue. But I think Zeon is very much an amalgation of all the "bad guys", at least the most significant ones of the past 100 years, and that is Imperial Germany, Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union.

As for the Bandai releasing the list of Gundams on their Schedule. I wish this one was on their list

post-12470-127392825473_thumb.jpg

THIS. I've been DYING for something other than a huge expensive resin kit or a Gashapon disease ridden MSIA of that suit FOREVER.

Well, I just recieved my 00-Raiser kit, today, and to be completely honest, I'm a bit overwhelmed. It looks like it's gonna be a hell of a lot of fun to build!

For those folks who've done this kit, I have a question: In the head unit, do the eyes glow, as well as the red crown-piece?

Thanks.

Well, I just recieved my 00-Raiser kit, today, and to be completely honest, I'm a bit overwhelmed. It looks like it's gonna be a hell of a lot of fun to build!

For those folks who've done this kit, I have a question: In the head unit, do the eyes glow, as well as the red crown-piece?

Thanks.

that depends. The stupid sticker obstructs the light from really making the Eyes light up and it barely lights up the Red Tab. The use of the reflective foil inside of the head completely looses its purpose if you have to put stickers on the eyes. Also I think a lot of the focal light is lost due the gaps of the back of the head. Also Annoying that you have to take the rear Back head plate on and off to get to the switch. I cant remember if you need to take the power source out to. Overall WEAK! I will say this again THE WORST PG made. A good 1/60 HG/MG

On a side note. I have been back and forth about my choice of next PG. The only ones im missing are the Eva 01 and red frame. Although I want both I want to Pace myself as I have 7 MGs on the way and I still need to catch up on detailing already completed ones. I have bite the bullet and decided to go with the Eva 01 special Coating

Just a few images to show you what I mean

DSC03638.jpg

DSC03639.jpg

DSC03641.jpg

DSC03642.jpg

DSC03643.jpg

DSC03646.jpg

Edited by Snail00

To my comment from earlier, yes during OYW the design philosophies were completely different, but afterwards the tech-gap between the Earth Federation and its various antagonists including Axis, Neo-Zeon, and what not was minimal.

As I previously pointed out, this is partly attributed to Anaheim Electronics being pretty much the only dominant player in Mobile Suit development until the SNRI came along much later in the UC timeline. As a result, they developed and sold MS to anyone. Neo-Zeon MS like the Geara Doga and even Sazabi were all built by AE. When 0096 rolls around, the Geara Zulu is at least by the numbers (have yet to watch UC :) ) superior to either the Jegan or the GM III.

Even during the OYW I find the claim that Zeon was not as technologically refined doubtful. This may appear to be the case as they the first-movers, so they had crap loads of surplus Zaku I, Zaku II's, and what not, but also a host of really capable Doms, Gelgoog's and other specialized suits. At the end of the day, they got ownd because of the tremendous resources Earth could put towards the war effort once they got their crap together.

that depends. The stupid sticker obstructs the light from really making the Eyes light up and it barely lights up the Red Tab. The use of the reflective foil inside of the head completely looses its purpose if you have to put stickers on the eyes. Also I think a lot of the focal light is lost due the gaps of the back of the head. Also Annoying that you have to take the rear Back head plate on and off to get to the switch. I cant remember if you need to take the power source out to. Overall WEAK! I will say this again THE WORST PG made. A good 1/60 HG/MG

On a side note. I have been back and forth about my choice of next PG. The only ones im missing are the Eva 01 and red frame. Although I want both I want to Pace myself as I have 7 MGs on the way and I still need to catch up on detailing already completed ones. I have bite the bullet and decided to go with the Eva 01 special Coating

You really think so? I am under the impression that it is a very solid and well thought out kit. I've only built one PG kit which was the zeta. That kit was a very fun build and the design was flawless. All I have heard was good things about the PG 00 raiser. The cost is a real turn away though. I'm not willing to spend over 300 USD on a kit.

If I were to get another PG kit it would probably be the GP01 FB. The design is great and has so many accessories well worth the money IMO and cheaper than the 00 raiser.

Edited by transfan52

You really think so? I am under the impression that it is a very solid and well thought out kit. I've only built one PG kit which was the zeta. That kit was a very fun build and the design was flawless. All I have heard was good things about the PG 00 raiser. The cost is a real turn away though. I'm not willing to spend over 300 USD on a kit.

If I were to get another PG kit it would probably be the GP01 FB. The design is great and has so many accessories well worth the money IMO and cheaper than the 00 raiser.

I got mine (00-Raiser Kit) from HLJ for roughly $180 USD.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN961016

Edited by Robelwell202

Did you paint the strips on ur Sinanju or are they the stickers? Personally, I'm thinking about painting them.

paint. I applied about 3 of the foil stickers before deciding they looked like crap and busted out the gundam markers. :D

I used liquid mask to cover the black parts, applied all the gold with a gundam marker then dipped each part in future to clear coat them. the gold turned out OK, but it's a little uneven in spots.

If I were to do it again, I would take some flat black spray paint and spray all the parts, then spray them entirely gold, mask the parts I want to keep gold, spray another coat of black and then clear coat everything.

gold spray paint over a black base would look more even and it would have been easier to mask the raised bits over the recessed.

Interesting tip there, although I'm still uncertain why a black base would have better results. I'd figure maybe spray paint all black then mask the parts you want to keep black and then go at it with the gold spray paint. Btw who sells gold spray paint that sticks well?