A new Gunpla record was recently set when a customized MG Nu Gundam was sold for ¥926,001. And here's why...

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.png

ku-xlarge.png

Someone Wants to Pay $9,000 for a Gundam Model

I think that is extreme! I am assuming he is asian as right now they have all kinds of money. I have personally seen 15 year old Hong Kong kids drop $5000 on a golden Arowana. Some might scratch their heads and say for a fish??? You run the risk of a power failure or disease and its dead. But yeah when youre born with money, how you spend it is never any concern.

OVERKILL

Light-up mono-eye or just faked/clever lighting in the pic? I don't recall any LED in that kit...

It's boxed to have the option of the LED light kit, but again it's that seperate purchase you gotta make.

Girlfriend bought me a Nu Gundam ver. Ka for christmas, but now that I'm seeing that Bandai's going Decal crazy I'm kind of bummed. I don't mind decals all that much, they just take longer for me to apply and when they're gone they're gone if I screw it up.

Oh well, guess just carefully take my time!

Well now, those pictures look great! Might have to order a second kit. Any possible guess on the availability of these a few months out?

Well it's not limited, so even if it sold out when you want to buy, other shops still might have it or at most back order with online shops.

Got some booty today. I scored a RG Zeta Gundam which I hope ends up being better than the 2.0, already kinda looks it.
And while I was at another hobby store to pick up exacto blades I came across the Sazabi ver Ka! I couldn't believe these guys got this kit when it was just released. I was stunned! Price point was real high, it almost made me turn it away but I felt I'd be crazy to do that when it's right there, RIGHT THERE infront of me.

I dunno guys, was I crazy?

Probably yes....

I think the Sazabi looks great but I don't like the use of polycaps. From what I heard the MG Sinanju has no polycaps whatsoever and I would favor this design for any MG kit. I think I will decide if I build the Sazabi after I put together the MG Nu Gundam.

Still waiting for Gouf Custom 2.0. Seriously needs like diecast locking joints for the arm, to handle the weapons.

I've thought about trying to cobble together one out of the existing MG and the Gouf 2.0's inner frame. but I'd rather bandai just do it already.

oh, and in addition to a Gouf Custom 2.0 can we get an MG Gouf flight type?

Edited by anime52k8

I've been tinkering with my Sazabi ka. Right now I really enjoy the kit, the decals really liven it up a bunch. But I'm not planning on going full on nuts with those, 152 is a bit much to put it lightly.

post-600-0-63325400-1387944885_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hikuro

I've been tinkering with my Sazabi ka. Right now I really enjoy the kit, the decals really liven it up a bunch. But I'm not planning on going full on nuts with those, 152 is a bit much to put it lightly.

wanna know what nuts is? MG Sinanju has just as many decals and I applied them all twice. :mellow:

wanna know what nuts is? MG Sinanju has just as many decals and I applied them all twice. :mellow:

ugh I forgot the Sinaju is decal only. Although I don't get why some of the Sazabi has to have thin thin T H I N red stickers and not just have it as a seperate red piece of armor to add that depth and tone.

Either case I'm done for the night, and I'm gonna set the Sazabi aside so I can work on the Nu Gundam tomorrow after I take my girlfriend to work.

The Nu Gundam has also stickers to color a piece of plastic differently. I think one are in a light gray and the other in a powder blue. I think the reason for that is that it would be to expensive for the powder blue parts because the color never appears on the Gundam ever again (then again I have seen runners with 4 different colors cast in translucent and opaque). The gray parts might be not feasible since they are so small.

I don't think Bandai is half-assing their most valuable line. :p

Alright! I got my Nu Gundam, cracked 'er open and started working on it. I DO NOT like the Decals. I lost 2 so far, almost tore 3 off by accident cause they won't sit in place and I'm trying to be really picky on what I want to use since there's over 100. Ugh, dammit all. I hope this only sticks to ver. ka's.

I have a Nu Gundam Ver. Ka in my warehouse. I haven't decided what to do with the stickers. A part of me wants to paint it but this will lead to a couple of other problems like finding a matching paint already mixed up in a spray can since I don't want to invest in an airbrush station.

The Nu Gundam was planned as a kit that gets me into model building again so I probably will stick to the decals.

A question. Does Bandai has some kind of patent on the multi colored runner molding process. I watched a Transformers review yesterday and the reviewer was complaining why some part of the robot is painted and not molded in the right color. For me the answer was simple. The parts in question where the only ones in that color on the whole toy so Hasbro didn't bother to create a new runner just for that color.

That got me thinking. If Bandai can mold a runner in different colors why are other companies not able to do it. To expensive for a $10 kids toy?

Keep in mind that I'm no expert for injection molding but I would be grateful for some insight.

Anybody up for an oldschool challenge? I got an old MSV RGC-80 GM Cannon, and to be honest its well out of my league as far as skill level is concerned. No polycaps, no stickers, a few slide decals, no color mold injection, and just plain old white plastic.

That kit has terrible proportions. You'd have to somehow combine it with a HGUC GM kit to make it look decent...

post-600-0-18104900-1388368396_thumb.jpg I really do like what I did with the lil characters, it was worth picking up those tiny brushes at the hobby store the other day and coming across some tamiya flesh tone.

post-600-0-92140700-1388368404_thumb.jpg Sadly though, I lost the shield symbol entirely so there's not much detail left to be put on. I HATE the Funnel's though, it isn't that much of an improvement from the older version either. However I do like the design of the suit overall.

Now I can get back to work on my Sazabi.