On 4/1/2020 at 1:01 AM, Graham said:

Pre-ordered the F90 II MG a couple of days ago already.

I'm a huge fan of the F90 design. The original 1/100 scale non-grade F90 A/D/S kit was the first Gunpla I ever bought and built, way back in 1990 or 1991.

I love the mangas as well, both the original and the currently running F90FF manga.

I've got 3 of the F90 MG (built 2 so far) and all the mission packs so far released (S/E/M/F). The F90 MG is an absolutely rock solid kit.

Really looking forward to the F90 II MG.

I'm also a huge fan of the F90 stuff. Thank god Bandai opened P-Bandai in the US so even though we get it 2 months later I can order locally now. 

Really hope the L-Type comes out for the F90-II. I also still want the Plunge-type for the F90

F90II-L_Gundam_F90II_Long_Range_Type_Front.thumb.png.66a03620d4d5da011cde266d0595487b.png

I really hope the F90 Line continues to where we get to see the F90 III Cluster as well 

Edited by Duymon

11 hours ago, Duymon said:

I'm also a huge fan of the F90 stuff. Thank god Bandai opened P-Bandai in the US so even though we get it 2 months later I can order locally now. 

Really hope the L-Type comes out for the F90-II. I also still want the Plunge-type for the F90

F90II-L_Gundam_F90II_Long_Range_Type_Front.thumb.png.66a03620d4d5da011cde266d0595487b.png

I really hope the F90 Line continues to where we get to see the F90 III Cluster as well 

I really want the L type pack as well.

11 hours ago, Duymon said:

The only problem is they don't seem to be adding everything P-Bandai to the American store.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

The only problem is they don't seem to be adding everything P-Bandai to the American store.

Hopefully soon .  At their relaunch drawing , there were some metal robot destiny figures so I think they are just moving the gunpla first since they are of lower price then the metal builds .

I think it is a mix between new parts and the old kit, sort of a 1.5.  If it was brand new, they would probably give it a Revive moniker or something.  The new parts were molded as part of a P-Bandai build fighter's kit last year.  The hands are a dead giveaway.  Those look like the terrible hands the HGUC line had for first 50 kits or so.

Yeah, after looking into it the legs and arms are totally new with old shoulders hands, feet and body and weapons. It’s kind of an odd idea, but I might get one on the US store. I think it still looks pretty good and the updated parts add to it. I have an old one somewhere. I do kinda wish they slimmed down the feet a bit though if they were updating parts. I can’t really complain about the rest other than maybe hand options 

20 hours ago, Kelsain said:

Digging into some new models for Covid, while I work on a few myself. Daughter is working on the HGUC Phenix, while son takes on the HGUC ZZ. They’ve gotten the torsos about done, so far.

371D3E8E-CDD9-4982-B90F-CED9F2A38E7B.jpeg

This is pretty cool.  I wanted to get my niece and nephew into this stuff but I'm not around them that often.

Not exactly Gundam plamo here, but DD Puppeteer does a lot of model kit reviews of mostly frame arms girls/kotobukiya kits with humorous elaborate stop motion intros. I posted his awesome review of GaoGaiGirl in another thread, but this time he takes on Zelfikar with an elaborate tribute to Norris Packard's last stand from 08th MS Team. Even if you have zero interest in the kits he reviews, they are worth watching for sheer entertainment value.

I finished my HG Leo Space Type. I realized I'm not a fan of the color as it is, it needs a top coat at the least. Thankfully I only bought one. I hope the Flight Type is better. But I plan on doing the Maganac next for variety.

large.2020_04-2_leopose_2_resize.jpg.e066f13f174e43ce30043094b2744eaa.jpg

Edited by hachi
Tried to edit the picture it's too big but couldn't lol

Finished the MG Delta Plus yesterday, and transformed it to Waverider today.  What a chore that transformation is, and the directions aren't the best. I wish they'd used actual photos instead of illustrations. I kept referring to the box photos to sort it out, and eventually got it together. I eschewed the little add-on stabilizer bits, opting for perfect transformation. It's a little fiddlier, I imagine, but the joints are all tight, and it maintains well enough to pick it up and swoosh it. I couldn't get either of the forward canards to rotate out- just too tight a swivel, and they give you no fingernail indent. Overall, though, I'm quite pleased with it. I've watched a number of reviews of it, with the majority opinion being that it's trash. Not my assessment at all; on the contrary, for a transforming model at that scale (1/100), I think the engineering works well, and the sculpting is beautiful. It's only hampered by the fact that it is a model first and foremost, and so there's an element of fragility there that must be observed and respected. This was only about the fourth Gundam model I've ever fully assembled (still have a partially built F91 laying around somewhere that I bought in '91- need to finish that guy), and I'm always blown away by the fit and sculpting of these things. If they keep making them this good, this Gundam stuff might just catch on. ;)

Edited by M'Kyuun

FWIW, the Bandai transforming 1/72 valkyries are actually quite solid. At least the SV-262 and VF-31, the VF-25 and VF-27 aren't quite as good. The VF-1 is, unfortunately, garbage as far as transforming and articulation goes, but it is arguably more of a "perfect" transformation than pretty much anything else.

I can't stand transforming Gundam. It's such a mess and full of compromises that make a relatively weak model even weaker and I say this as a fan of the Zeta, Zeta Plus, ZZ, and Ex-S designs. I hope one day Bandai releases non transformable versions of these kits, HG, RG, or MG. Bonus for PG.

I can understand why- it's fragile and finnicky for sure. But I wanted that particular model of the Delta Plus specifically b/c it had perfect transformation. I happened to see it in WR mode in a display at my local Hobbytown, and asked about it. Once I found out what it was from one of the employees, I did a little research and settled on the MG. No regerts. I think it's lovely in both modes.

I have the transforming VF-25 model from Bandai, but I only completed about a third of it. I have a terrible track record of starting models and never finishing them. I also have a VF-19, which I started and never finished. Toys definitely appeal to me more, especially in the transforming realm, but at the time I bought the VF-25 model, Bandai had only released their first DX toy at that time, and I thought it was terrible. The model was more accurate, especially in the hip placement in B-mode.  Typically, I started it, and but didn't finish, and then Bandai came out with V2 of the VF-25 which fixed all that was wrong with the DX, and the model basically got shelved.  Not sure why I'm like that, TBH. I thoroughly enjoy the assembly process. With the quality fit of the parts these days, there's an immense sense of satisfaction in putting them together. What I don't like is all the trimming and sanding to try and eliminate sprue marks. It's a necessary evil that takes a lot of time, but worth the time it takes to minimize their appearance. I'm not the best at it, admittedly, but I try. I avoid painting as much as possible, as I paint by hand, and I've little talent for it.  I relegate painting to detail work only, which is why I'm such a fan of how the Bandai models use dual molded parts or layering of different colored parts in assemblies thus eschewing the necessity of painting.  If they sold these things pre-trimmed, and all you had to do was assemble, that'd be fantastic. 

On 4/30/2020 at 4:03 PM, Grey728 said:

I can't stand transforming Gundam. It's such a mess and full of compromises that make a relatively weak model even weaker and I say this as a fan of the Zeta, Zeta Plus, ZZ, and Ex-S designs. I hope one day Bandai releases non transformable versions of these kits, HG, RG, or MG. Bonus for PG.

I had complained about the instability of the latest FAZZ because of that stupid transforming gimmick on the base Gunadam. 

2 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Completed the MG Gunner Zaku Warrior. The Zaku itself is a fun kit to build, the gunner wizard sucks with a bunch of seam lines that I had to work on. Still in the end I like how this one turned out as Lunamaria was my SEED Destiny waifu.

MG Gunner Zaku Warrior (Lunamaria Hawke Custom)

You put a helluva lot more work into yours than I did.

Damn! Very nice anubis!  I so want the Blaze Zaku.  What colors did you use for the bright red and Grey?

I started painting the MG Providence this week and will also start the PG Freedom.  I'm working on Seed kits this month.

1 hour ago, Golden Arms said:

Damn! Very nice anubis!  I so want the Blaze Zaku.  What colors did you use for the bright red and Grey?

I started painting the MG Providence this week and will also start the PG Freedom.  I'm working on Seed kits this month.

The red was a pain to get. right,  at first I mixed Mr Color Russet with Gundam Color Char's Pink which was a little to pink but ok. When I did the shading it turned out a very salmon pink which looked more in line with the main color of the Aegis.  To save the shading  I have already done I took a gamble and sprayed clear red and it worked out in the end :) 

The gray for the cannon is Purple, Neutral gray, and white. The gray for the gun and axe is Mr Color Extra Dark Seagray.

• 3 weeks later...

I applaud the attempt to give what's basically a Delta Plus a Waverider mode that more closely resembles a real aircraft. What's sad is that it does a better job of it than most Transformer jets. The DP is my favorite of the transforming Gundam designs, and this is definitely a cool update.

I'm curious if those gear are retractable or if they have to removed and reattached.

Edit: Is this a custom job? I couldn't find it doing a general search.

Edited by M'Kyuun