Well as I recall, Deathscythe from EW is Deathscythe Hell Custom. One would think they would include that or Deathscythe Hell EW or something to indicate it wasn't just the standard one. That being said, I can't wait for non-EW Wing kits to be released. I've been waiting years for something better than the old kits.

In Endless Waltz they show the Non-Hell Deathscythe very briefly laying down when Duo was going to blow it up. It pretty much looked the same as the D-Hell, just missing the cloak.

Here is what the Deathscythe Ver Ka looks like

pic

I'm not really sure if I like it at all. I'd much rather have the Regular G-Wing Deathscythe/D-Hell or Endless Waltz versions instead.

Edited by Rabidweezil

* MG Gundam Deathscythe EW...

- 15 runners in total. Comes with marking seal and Gundam Decal (designed by Hajime Katoki-sensei).

Hajime Katoki did redesigns for both the original and mid-season upgrade versions of every gundam from wing.

the Deathscythe ver. Ka:

xxxg-01d.jpg

vs the original:

xxxg-01d.jpg

I do like the Katoki renditions, but I think I'd rather have kits of the ones from the anime.

Edited by anime52k8

I just watched the first episode of Gundam Unicorn (which surprisingly has a very good English dub) and I want to get started with an RX-0 Unicorn kit. Normally, I'd get the HG kit, but I'm convinced that I should go MG. Is the HD version with MS Cage worth it compared to the regular and ver. Ka. kits?

I just watched the first episode of Gundam Unicorn (which surprisingly has a very good English dub) and I want to get started with an RX-0 Unicorn kit. Normally, I'd get the HG kit, but I'm convinced that I should go MG. Is the HD version with MS Cage worth it compared to the regular and ver. Ka. kits?

As I understand it, the OAV/HD/cage version fixes a few problems with the ver. Ka model (waist movement, restricted joint issues, etc). It also has a different, perhaps anime-correct, color scheme, and adds a few details.

Ngee Khiong put up a image, it does appear to be the Deathscythe Ka

Good guess Azreal...hopefully the regular versions will follow at some point.

Yummm. Does this mean we're gonna get more ver. Ka-Gundam W kits? They sure like making Katoki designs into MGs. :)

Yummm. Does this mean we're gonna get more ver. Ka-Gundam W kits? They sure like making Katoki designs into MGs. :)

Well the Sandrock Ka looks pretty much the same as the Endless Waltz version. The Heavy Arms Ka looks a lot like the regular Gundam Wing version and the Shenlong Ka...it's got some enormous attachement on it's arm that just looks dumb.

Still weird they are going with more Ka's instead of EW or GW models.

On another note...I don't have a lot of Master Grades. Mostly some from 08th MS team, Wing Zero Ver Ka and a few others. But recently I went on a spree. I picked up the Wing Gundam a few weeks ago. And my shipment from HW Japan showed up today. Strike Noir, GM Sniper, EW Wing Zero and the Musha Gundam Sengoku no Jin.

And I ordered the Musha MK II as well.

I'm going to be busy for a while B))

UPDATE: For those who care... (hearing crickets, proceeding anyway) :ph34r:

I got the clutch issues resolved today, and proceeded to build both arms, the backpack, and the GN-drive housings.

Tomorrow, I start on the shoulder-sheilds, and the weapons.

Soon, with the 0-Raiser's completion, I should have someting to be proud of!

YAY!

the original ver. Ka kit isn't worth getting.

The OVA version and the HD Cage version are both improved versions and both have the new OVA style head (with little vulcan guns), new armor to give the knees a little more articulation (slightly more than 90 degrees instead of slightly less), a waist joint that can actually turn, and it comes with extra fixed V-fin.

the HD Cage version comes with the OVA maintenance cage thing from the OVA that acts as a display base and storage space for the weapons; and the armor is a little darker.

so if the having this (the display base):

ban962052_8.jpg

is worth $20 to you, go for the MS cage. otherwise get the regular OVA release.

HGUC Geara Zulu has been out for awhile, I got one at a HobbyTown USA several months ago...

I meant the Angelo Sauper version. They showed prototypes of that, the Sinanju, and the Delta plus at the Shizuoka Hobby Show.

I get that angelo sauper version is probably 50% or more the same kit as the Zulu that's already out, but you'd think they would have gotten the main antagonists mobile suit out by now.

I really Love the Sinanju and the MG kit is awesome but I want something that can actually be played with, unlike the MG I've got that's all painted and too delicate to touch now. :(

I can't wait for an HGUC or an RD toy, or both.

As I understand it, the OAV/HD/cage version fixes a few problems with the ver. Ka model (waist movement, restricted joint issues, etc). It also has a different, perhaps anime-correct, color scheme, and adds a few details.

Could you explain what "HD" version means in terms of gunpla? I'm not understanding the term very well. High Def colours or something?

Could you explain what "HD" version means in terms of gunpla? I'm not understanding the term very well. High Def colours or something?

It's just a marketing ploy by Bandai to promote the release of the first volume of the OVA.

Even the HG kits got the royal treatment, as newer releases come with a special Action Base shaped like the RX-0's head.

I know the Sinanju is not the cheapest of MGs, but if expenses allow it why don't you just pick up a second one to mess around with.

that would be nice, but money is the main issue. I could spend $80~90 and get a second kit, or I could buy a Zeta 2.0 which I don't have (and need to get before MG The 0 comes out) and still have enough left over to afford an HGUC or RD figure, which would be fine enough by me for a figure that's just going to be treated as a toy.

also I find the more simplistic HG kit's lend themselves better to being playable than the MG's do.

:edit: although I have heard good things about the TT hongli KO's and they're only $30 before shipping :p

HD in the case of the Unicorn is just Marketing BS to get you to buy 1 more Unicorn release. the only difference is that the armor is slightly grey... yeah. >_>

on some older kits, HD has been used to denote coming with a sheet of "high definition" waterslide decals instead of dry transfer decals and stickers.

Edited by anime52k8

NOT WORTH SPIT or all the OIL 5000 feet below the sea!!!!!

The so called improvements are minimal minor and really piss poor. The HD color is nice, and the cage is a bonus for other MGs worthy of such an expansion pack. Otherwise reading and watching the reviews wait for the sale to happen on GFFMC Unicorn or wait for a 2.0. I had the original release which i threw in the fireplace. Snap crackle pop

this release is no better. Hoping for a MG Kyshatria to go with my MG 0

My recent gundam purchases include (all MGs)

RX-78-2 V2.0 SPECIAL COATING get this if you havent

WING CUSTOM WING PEARL COATING get this one too

IMPULSE GUNDAM COATING VERSION

GUNDAM EX MOBILE SHIP ALBION LIMITED ED

Seed Destiny Strike Gundam + I.W.S.P.

Seed Launcher & Sword Strike Gundam

Pod Ball ver.ka w clear parts

STRIKE FREEDOM GUNDAM EXTRA FINISH VER.

RX78-2 GUNDAM MECHANICAL CLEAR VERSION

I just had a scary thought...

The Wing Gundam Ver. Ka came out in 2004, six years later we get a TV version Wing Gundam. with the DS version Ka comeing out this year, does that mean we'll have to wait until 2016 to get a TV version DS? :ph34r:

WAIT WHAT THE DS WONT HAVE WINGS

As for release maybe not

look at that pirate gundam ka and cape ka

they were pretty quick

BTW i think im dizzy from all the top coating my gundams today. That poo is strong

That looks like ver. ka rather than EW version. Thought EW version had batwings.

The EW version is called "Deathsycthe Hell". Notice the name "Deathsycthe EW", as in the Gundam Deathsycthe which would have been the predecessor to Deathsycthe Hell in Endless Waltz, had it been shown, which was designed by Katoki.

I mentioned it above. They do show the Deathscythe Non-Hell version in Endless Waltz briefly. It looks the same but without the cloak.

deathscythe.jpg

no, that's still the hell, just with the wings/cloak removed.

the Non-Hell Katoki version lacks the spiky fin bits on the shoulders and forearms.

I think the Non-Hell version MIGHT show up at the very beginning of the movie when they're reshowing the battle on the Libra, but I'm not sure.

nope. just checked the DVD and none of the non-kai versions show up, not even in flashbacks which is kind of weird.

Edited by anime52k8

I was wondering about that. Was there ever an explanation to the sudden change of mecha designs on the intro scene?

not really, the Movie treats the Gundams as the same robots from the end of the TV show and just ignores the fact that they look completely different. The most similar situation I can think of off the top of my head is how Roy in Mac0 looks nothing like he does in SDF:M because it's a different character designer, but it's still the same character and the audience is just supposed to ignore the glaring differences.

So from the movies perspective, the Wing zero/DS hell/Altron/etc. always looked the way they do because Bandai wanting new robots so that they can sell more model kits.

(also, the idea that they ARE different robots comes from the fact that in the US, the term Custom was added to all the names of the EW gundams to differentiate the EW toys/models from the TV ones.)

no, that's still the hell, just with the wings/cloak removed.

the Non-Hell Katoki version lacks the spiky fin bits on the shoulders and forearms.

I think the Non-Hell version MIGHT show up at the very beginning of the movie when they're reshowing the battle on the Libra, but I'm not sure.

nope. just checked the DVD and none of the non-kai versions show up, not even in flashbacks which is kind of weird.

In Gundam Wing Duo starts off with the Deathscythe and then ends up with the Deathscythe Hell after the refit. The screen I provided is from a flashback where Duo tries to blow up the Deathscythe but the Dr who created it tells him to steal and be the god of death instead. That would put that scene at the beginning of Duo's career as it's pilot.

So, if EW follows the same path as the series, that would make that Deathscythe in the pic the "non-hell" version since that particular moment happened way before the refit.