My biggest gripe is similar to what has occurred with Macross and the move to CG animation. It seems like once you have a 3D asset for one series, the next series is just going to re-use that asset with a recolor and maybe a few tweaks. Although in Gundam's case, the asset may be more about how much $ they spent tooling the models and trying to milk the molds further.

Back to Gunpla, I finally finished dealing my MG Mk-II with the RG style decals. Most of them fit pretty well, despite some differences in the model design. Had to trim a few, and only one set of gray marks was too off to fit, on the inside corner of the front skirt. All in all, I think it looks great, and Elle is ready for launch!

IMG_6458.JPG

Not Gundam, but I know there was some crossover here anyway. Full Metal Panic kits:

1/60 Arbalest w/ Emergency Booster (Feb release): https://hlj.com/1-60-scale-hg-arbalest-ver-iv-with-emergency-deployment-booster-ver-bans56756

bans56756_0.jpg

1/60 M9 Gernsback "Aggressor Squadron" Ver. (Mar release): https://hlj.com/1-60-scale-hg-gernsback-ver-iv-aggressor-squadron-bans57066

bans57066_0.jpg

1/48 Laevatein w/ Booster (Dec release): https://hlj.com/1-48-scale-full-metal-panic-invisible-victory-arx-8-laevatein-last-battle-mode-aos00955

aos00955_1.jpg

5 hours ago, Big s said:

I know there’s an fmp thread, but I don’t remember if there was one for kits yet, but if not there should be at this point with so many releases by several companies.

We're also posting model kits announcement on that same FMP Action Figure thread. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

How exactly did you do the gold?  One-step paint, or like clear yellow over silver?   (exact paints please, that's a better match for the Bandai gold-plating in the original kits than the vast majority of ones I've seen)

This is how I got it done

1. Mr. Finishing Surfacer 1500 Black

2. Gaia Color 132 Pearl Gold. 

3. Topped it off with Mr. Color 46 Clear Gloss

Paints.jpg

Guys where do you usually get P-Bandai news for gunpla? I missed out on the space type Leos (now it's twice the normal price and too hard on the wallet). *Edit Hmm maybe I purposely didn't preorder back then but now that I want one (or two) :(

Is there someone on twitter for that? I usually check Twitter every other day if I'm not too busy...

Edited by hachi
words

7 hours ago, hachi said:

Guys where do you usually get P-Bandai news for gunpla? I missed out on the space type Leos (now it's twice the normal price and too hard on the wallet). *Edit Hmm maybe I purposely didn't preorder back then but now that I want one (or two) :(

Is there someone on twitter for that? I usually check Twitter every other day if I'm not too busy...

I'd be curious about this as well...I usually have to rely on email newsletter from store releases or just get lucky when researching.  For example, I had no idea that there is a P-Bandai Arbalest in clear colors being released.  I just happened to see a pre-order for it online when I was looking for the other kits.

Also note that some kits which are P Bandai in Japan, are normal release in North America. These include PG red frame astray Kai, plated HG Fenix narrative destroy, MG XN Raiser. For items that are NA normal release, it’s cheaper to buy from USA Gundam Store compared to a reseller like Gentei kits or Nippon Yasan.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

On 12/28/2018 at 12:10 AM, Sanity is Optional said:

Thanks! I already check at gundamkitscollection, but more often I forget to look at it. Taghobby looks like a 1-stop shop of info (though I wish the RSS would work).

As for twitter, I'm now following gunjap (@FabrizioGunjap). Hoping at least I get info just in time. :)

Bandai are going to make a RE/100 Gunblaster to go with the recently announced V2 Assault Buster! It'll be P-Bandai of course, pics here.

re-100-gunblaster%2B%25288%2529.jpg

Another interesting P-bandai kit recently announced was the 1/100 GM Cannon in Jaburo colors from Zeta. I always liked that scheme so I might pick one up, more pictures here.

mg-gm-cannon-red-head-jaburo-corps%2B%25286%2529.jpg

On 1/1/2019 at 1:55 PM, dizman said:

Bandai are going to make a RE/100 Gunblaster to go with the recently announced V2 Assault Buster! It'll be P-Bandai of course, pics here.

re-100-gunblaster%2B%25288%2529.jpg

Another interesting P-bandai kit recently announced was the 1/100 GM Cannon in Jaburo colors from Zeta. I always liked that scheme so I might pick one up, more pictures here.

I'm getting tired of this p-bandai nonsense for stuff that should be normal retail releases.

Also, the RE1/100 base construction isn't cutting it any more. They're putting out these large kits with weak joints and polycap mounts that aren't holding up, which is aggravating especially when they done various older no-grade designs that are superior to almost all the RE releases that could have easily been used as the basis for the RE kits.

On 12/26/2018 at 8:20 AM, anubis20 said:

This is how I got it done

1. Mr. Finishing Surfacer 1500 Black

2. Gaia Color 132 Pearl Gold. 

3. Topped it off with Mr. Color 46 Clear Gloss

Paints.jpg

Sorry for the late reply.  Interesting---I didn't know there was a black Mr Surfacer---is is super glossy?  (Alclad metallics demand a mirror-like black base).  Not surprised at Gaia notes----their metallics and transparents are on another level.