I think the batteries and all are in the base and the leds are on the tip of the connection point on the base arm where they come into contact with some exposed light-piping pieces on the model for the chest and Backpack.

Edited by Duymon

I knew it was only a matter of time before they reissued this.

Kotobukiya 1/60 ARX-8 Laevatein Model Kit Reissue
https://hlj.com/product/KBYKP-453/Sci

If you haven't gotten this, I strongly - STRONGLY - recommend it. Aside from being a fan of the design, I think the kit itself is absolutely fantastic to build. It does a better job executing on Bandai's gunpla trends than Bandai does, while also being perfectly at home with other Kotobukiya kits. Everything came together perfectly with this kit, figuratively and literally. It's largely the reason that I've warmed up to the Laevatein's design as much as I have.

3 hours ago, kajnrig said:

I knew it was only a matter of time before they reissued this.

Kotobukiya 1/60 ARX-8 Laevatein Model Kit Reissue
https://hlj.com/product/KBYKP-453/Sci

If you haven't gotten this, I strongly - STRONGLY - recommend it. Aside from being a fan of the design, I think the kit itself is absolutely fantastic to build. It does a better job executing on Bandai's gunpla trends than Bandai does, while also being perfectly at home with other Kotobukiya kits. Everything came together perfectly with this kit, figuratively and literally. It's largely the reason that I've warmed up to the Laevatein's design as much as I have.

But...but...but it looks generic and a bit fugly!

6 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

But...but...but it looks generic and a bit fugly!

oh you can go to hell

-______________________-

:p

I'll be honest, I didn't really like the design at first either, and I still don't like it as much as its predecessor design, but the kit itself played a big role in winning me over.

53 minutes ago, electric indigo said:

Their ZOE and Armored Core kits are pretty awesome IMO

8204635584_b2e722f592.jpg 4971543021_4879ca3d0d.jpg

Oh and the MG Rex (still have to build that).

But they waste a lot of resources with their SRW & Frame Arm girlies etc. instead of finishing the ZOE line :angry:

My one major gripe with their ZoE kits is that they're oddly- and over-engineered, though that's also rather apropos given the subject matter. What do they need to finish the line? Maybe the Ardjet/Nephtis from ZoE2, Neith from ZoE1, and... the final battle Jehuty/Anubis?

Their Armored Core kits are absolute gold. Lots of super small parts and lots of everything not necessarily needing but definitely needing glue. But the finished product is so well worth the effort. I'm feeling the itch to get another one now, maybe the Aaliyah to pair with the Alicia Unsung I already have. Or the White Glint VOB that's been perpetually on my to-get list.

Edited by kajnrig

1 hour ago, anime52k8 said:

I like the MG sinanju, but I don't think I'd ever want to go through the process of building it again.

Was it a difficult kit? I'm holding off on that one for abit since I'm going to airbrush it

It gave me a lot of difficulties but many of them where me-specific problems which you possibly to probably won't run into.

kit specific issues:

the frame parts that the shoulder pauldrons clip into are a little delicate and broke on me, so I had to order replacements (which was a pain).

The way the shield clips onto the forearm sucks. it's terrible. it looks ugly, doesn't work very well and will destroy any paint/decals you may end up putting on the arm. I ended up making a thing out of magnets instead that works but looks a little sloppy (blame my lack of skill with customizing).

the gold trim is a bitch to get right. the stickers suck, the decals kind of suck, painting is a pain. I ended up repainting all the black parts like 3 times to get something I was OK with and I still wish I had done a better job.

beyond that I tried to get away with not painting mine and clear coating the decaled and panel lined plastic, and that went horribly. so I had to strip most of the kit, buy new water slide decals and repaint it.

I like how it turned out but It was an ordeal to build and I still wish I had done a lot better job on it:

4782107992_3263531529_b.jpg

MSN-06S Sinanju (Compete) 14 by Michael Ringot, on Flickr

Edited by anime52k8

The MG Sinanju was the first Gundam kit I ever built - it's not that difficult.  Having said that I didn't go all out with it in terms of painting etc...  The gold embellishments however are absolutely not easy and you might want to look at some youtube tutorials for those - reverse washing in particular.  At the time I tried painting them with a gold gundam marker and the results were... varied...

I've also built the PG 00 Raiser and that went together easily as well.  I'd actually argue that PG kits are in many ways easier to build than some of the smaller scale stuff as the parts are in general bigger and easier to handle.  

How does everyone else feel about dry-transfers?  I really like them and would like it if kits included more of them (would be especially nice if Bandai would make them available as builders parts like they do with water-slide decals).  There's a definite learning curve to using them but the results are so good...

I don't hate dry-transfers, but I much prefer water-slides. Water-slides are just so much more forgiving and easier to work with/get right compared to dry-transfers, although dry-transfers do look good and are a million times better than stickers.

Personally I wish every kit just came with a full sheet of stickers and an identical sheet of Water-slides.

I’ve been complaining about the lack of water slides as well. All bandai’s Starwars kits have them just like you mentioned with decals and an identical sheet of stickers. I wish that gundam kits got that kinda respect. I do however find dry transfers the easiest and least troublesome method.

I like dry transfers, too. They, like stickers and waterslides, have their own advantages and disadvantages. I'd love to see someone try to do a complex multi-color emblem or something as a dry transfer.

15 minutes ago, Big s said:

I’ve been complaining about the lack of water slides as well. All bandai’s Starwars kits have them just like you mentioned with decals and an identical sheet of stickers. I wish that gundam kits got that kinda respect. I do however find dry transfers the easiest and least troublesome method.

Their Macross kits come with waterslides by default, too, though I almost - ALMOST - think the effort goes wasted, because Bandai's waterslide decal quality is routinely... well, bad is putting it too lightly. I haven't built any of their SW kits, but if they're anything like Macross kits, then I might strongly consider just masking even the most laborious areas and filching a set of marking decals from a Fine Molds/Revell kit instead.

I mean, it's a nice gesture to the more "traditional" modelers that probably gravitate more easily to Macross and Star Wars from scale aircraft than Gundam, but still...

Edited by kajnrig

In case anyone's looking to spend money today, Ebay's 20% off coupon has been live since ~6 hours ago. Some good deals to be found on gunpla. I found PG GP01 and 00 Raiser for $200 shipped, Exia (w/o lighting) for $160, Hi-Res Wing around $90. HGUC Dendrobium can be had for less than $200 shipped. $320 shipped for HGUC Neo Zeong.

I had planned on spending something, but there's nothing I desire particularly strongly.

Edited by kajnrig

I get why they're making it, but I kind of don't really care that much. I'd rather have more 00 and Wing kits.

after all these years we still don't have a non setsuna piloted gundam from 00 in MG form.

More than anything though I want a modern Taurus something. (I can dream right:p)

8 hours ago, Ryoma said:

YESSSSS!!!!! Finally! Thank you Bandai! I have been waiting for this for like ages! I see 0093 one the post. I guess it means that it will be the model from Char's counterattack...

Yes, it's from the Char's Counterattack movie. That's 30th year in-celebration of the Char's Counterattack movie. Wow. March 12, 1988. Has it been that long? :rolleyes:

20 hours ago, electric indigo said:

Gazillions of P-Bandai spin-offs in 3...2...1...

Although i already have the HG stark and ECOAS, if there will be MG releases of those, i might bite!

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yes, it's from the Char's Counterattack movie. That's 30th year in-celebration of the Char's Counterattack movie. Wow. March 12, 1988. Has it been that long? :rolleyes:

Yes....it has...been....that long...

tumblr_nf7qlmaohs1qfxv5io1_500.gif.7d439fc9c37dc8384f2c00080b170f1b.gif

Edited by seti88