Very nice. Then I will hope/wait for an "HD" master grade version.

Ditto. The chome gold is just transparent yellow over plastic silver-plating, and it never looks all that even to me.

I'll finally start builing my MG FA Unicorn tomorrow. Can't think of a better way to spend my day off tomorrow.

I have started building mine 2 weeks ago and still a lot to go....must have been the longest time I take to built a Gundam model, what with all the armor separations and panel lining. Even my PG GP01 did not take this long! :p

Another reason is because I'm planning to clear coat the armors, I have to mask every little clear parts....phew!

• 2 weeks later...

How many of you built PMX-003 THE-O? (MG)

I've got one on the way and am wondering whether to sell it or build it? On the one hand, it's big and generally well designed - but on the other hand it looks kind of bland and doesn't do a whole lot?

Can people post pics of their Os to help me make up my mind?

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Guess nobobody's a fan of the O around here...

Anyways - finished my MK-II AEUG

3483vae.jpg

Happy with this fella :-)

And here's a nicer picture of my Zeta in wingrider mode...really love this mecha...

11icx35.jpg

Edited by VFTF1

Wow...this topic is really dead... Anyways... I'm building the MG Unicorn OVA version. I really like the fact that the inner frame (not psycho frame) colors are more metalic looking and not the strange ugly blue colors. The improved head sculpt is nice...though it wasn't a big "must" for me. I mainly got this for the re-sculpted leg armor allowing for better posseability. So far, this is how much I've built...planning on building the legs tonight :-)

2s7az2c.jpg

Pete

There's nothing really in the gunpla world that captivates me. With all the excellent stuff like new robot damashii's and the excellent metal build series gaining progression, and the AGE series being very uninteresting in terms of gunpla, I've been diverting interests.

That will all probably change when new stuff comes out for unicorn ep. 5 (unicorn/banshee gunpla withstanding) and Gundam the Origin...

I'd pass on the decaling...unless you like a lot of careful application or cutting corners. They tend to kind of overlap the armor and what not. Best thing to do is to decal as you build versus at the end. Just experience on that advice.

I saw a MG AGE-1....almost picked it up. ALMOST. But dunno if 62.50 is a good price for such a kit.

I'll add some more to the topic.

I'm doing a repair and re-arming diorama featuring a mega Zaku. It's going to be in the desert so I knocked up a few HGUC Zakus in different colour schemes to see which one looks the best.

First up is the scheme from the MS Igloo episode that features the Hildolfr. The EX Hildolfr kit comes with extra decals and colour guide to do one of the Feddie captured Zakus. The colours were mixed exactly as described but the brown doesn't look anything like the pictures :blink:

post-3605-0-30889700-1333934223_thumb.jpg

post-3605-0-26101200-1333934285_thumb.jpg

post-3605-0-55470300-1333934325_thumb.jpg

post-3605-0-02855600-1333934360_thumb.jpg

post-3605-0-12142200-1333934400_thumb.jpg

Next is the colour scheme from the Bandai Pro Shop Katsumi Kawaguchi Produce Version. This was a Char version and I've added some shotguns from a really early Kampfer kit.

post-3605-0-36305900-1333934809_thumb.jpg

post-3605-0-40001300-1333934849_thumb.jpg

post-3605-0-06229700-1333934915_thumb.jpg

post-3605-0-16579200-1333935198_thumb.jpg

Finally, seeing as the Zeon forces have an underlying German tone I thought I'd do an AfrikaKorp scheme. It's late theatre Glebbraun/Sandgrau. The Zaku is from the Ground War set so it has some different hands which I used along with a heathawk from the new Bandai weapon set.

post-3605-0-97556700-1333935868_thumb.jpg

post-3605-0-53905500-1333935931_thumb.jpg

post-3605-0-11052300-1333936052_thumb.jpg

post-3605-0-76999200-1333935993_thumb.jpg

Edited by thegunny

do the decals, Unicorn looks boring as hell without them.

I just did some of the decal work but I kept it pretty moderate. I agree that the white Unicorn looks best :-) Will post pics or something as soon as I make them...next up is the O...

I've also got a Rezel I'd like to build, although I'm somewhat bummed he lacks wings like the Commander Type...but then again....I'm obviously being pulled down by gravity if I think the Wave Rider needs wings :-)

Pete

Damn that reminds me I saw one of those at the hobby store a lil ways from here. Almost 200 bucks. It was tempting but I wouldn't have a spot for it! It's mostly likely gone now. That was a month ago i think.

Anybody know how many HGUC GM variants officially exist?

Here's what I know of:

RGM-79

RGM/RMS-179 GM II

RGM-86R GM III

RGM-79 Powered GM

RGM-79C KAI

RGM-79G Command

RGM-79GS Command Space

RGM-79D Cold District Type

RGM-79Q Quel (the titan one at the end of 0083)

RGM-79N Custom

RGM-79FP Striker

That's all as far as I know. The [G] ground attack type from 08th MS never got a HGUC even though its kit from the HG 08th MS line is of equal quality. There haven't been any HGUC sniper variants released that I am aware of. I'm also not sure, but there might be two versions of the original GM a "no necked" version representing the original look and an updated streamlined one.

I just did some of the decal work but I kept it pretty moderate. I agree that the white Unicorn looks best :-) Will post pics or something as soon as I make them...next up is the O...

I've also got a Rezel I'd like to build, although I'm somewhat bummed he lacks wings like the Commander Type...but then again....I'm obviously being pulled down by gravity if I think the Wave Rider needs wings :-)

Pete

The O is one awesome MG kit

DSCF0600.jpg

And I beg to differ with Archer

There are some great MG kits and Age is one of them. Although the show is bland the model kits are not.

When I get on a new Contract I will have to catch up with the last 5 MG releases especially this one

15.jpgA

Also although not MG the Takara Transformer Movie kits are both fun and challenging. They remind me of what might happen if the MG met with Kotobukiya Zoid kits

DSCF0287.jpg

DSCF0267.jpg

Recently bought decals for my 1/144 Dendrobium

WIP

DSCF0614.jpg

Sweet pics :-) Thanks for the inspiration. That 3rd party Kickback variant looks awesome... And good to see the O.

When I build mine, I have the feeling I will want to slap a lot of unused decals from other Gundams on it - lots of little 'caution' and 'warning' signs and stuff like that... but we'll see.. It's just so massive and the colors seem so bland that it's a prime candidate for "Katokiaization" ...

Pete

Anybody know how many HGUC GM variants officially exist?

Pretty sure this pic covers all of them (there are a few double ups in the pile) except for the latest Bandai On-line exclusive GM Type C & Ball Type C combo kit.

post-3605-0-23107300-1334551577_thumb.jpg

Pretty sure this pic covers all of them (there are a few double ups in the pile) except for the latest Bandai On-line exclusive GM Type C & Ball Type C combo kit.

post-3605-0-23107300-1334551577_thumb.jpg

My plan is to one day have a collection of my own like that. :)

I never knew the Jesta got a release for HGUC is that part of the unicorn set?

Edited by renegadeleader1

I never knew the Jesta got a release for HGUC is that part of the unicorn set?

Yes it is. There is also a MSA-003? Nemo - Unicorn Version about to be released; while it doesn't share the RGM designation, it certainly looks the part of a GM suit.

I stopped by the comic book store and picked up the RGM-79, RGM-79N, RGM-86R GM III, and the RGC-83 GM Cannon II. They're holding the RGM-79C, RMS-179 GM II, and RGM-79G Command for me. I have to wait till later in the week to see if they get the Quel, and Cold district ones in with their next shipment.

I've also been looking online at conversion parts. What can anyone tell me about these B-club parts? Are they any good? Will I have to do extensive work to use them(cutting parts away, glueing), or do they replace a kits standard parts? I've really had my eyes on sniper II parts, and the RGC-80 parts as part of my attempt at making the white dingo team.

Even though its not an RGM, or part of the GM bloodline, I do plan on picking up the Nemo, Mechaninac. The original Zeta line of it was one of the first gundam kits I built, and the only one I owned that required glue. ;)

I've also been looking online at conversion parts. What can anyone tell me about these B-club parts? Are they any good? Will I have to do extensive work to use them(cutting parts away, glueing), or do they replace a kits standard parts? I've really had my eyes on sniper II parts, and the RGC-80 parts as part of my attempt at making the white dingo team.

Ah, the White Dingos... I loved that game.

They are parts swap conversions. Pretty straight forward, just watch out for recasts, some of them can be awful.