New RG: Gundam Mk.II (April release)

Also, HGUC Nemo (Unicorn version) for April, while Marasai (Unicorn version), Zaku I Sniper Kirks Custom, and Juagg for March.

For MG. we'll have Banshee (not that surprising, March release) plus confirmation for Buster, Blitz and Aegis (TBA).

HGUC Nemo... most excellent. My legion of mass-production MS will grow. MWAH-HA-HA! :lol:

RG Mk II.... that's cool too.

hehe, stop-motion-animation rocks! B))

But, was something lost in translation? The line "I guess I had more than just a casual interest in that man" followed immediately by the title War in the Closet gets a big ol' WTF? :blink:

That's a level of suggestion I really don't want coming at me from a staple of sci-fi anime. *facepalm*

Edited by reddsun1

I'm sure they'll be releasing both colors.

Of course, but "white" has always been very finicky/tricky with the 'real grade' stuff---white vs beige vs grey. (I think everyone's picked up on my pickyness with "shades of grey" by now) :) Could look awesome, could look "dirty".

Wow, RG MK II looking good! I personally have always favored titan's colors because they are soo unique, but everyone has their preferences I guess. Anyways, as an update to my little hunt

I looked more into it, and decided against a perfect grade order. I decided to jump for a professional modeler (poison monkeys, if you've heard of them), but decided to order a MG Full Armor Unicorn Gundam instead (to cheapen things up)

A lot cooler than the PG offerings that I've seen anyways (unicorn fan!). I will ask them to glue on all the armor pieces and fix the thing in destroy mode (not transforming it lol), and maybe throw in some LEDs as well. Also, I will ask them to tighten the thing up to make it less flimsy, thus allowing me to pose it more often and swish it around (It's not as bad as it sounds :) ).

Can't wait to see how things will turn out!

Edited by Archer

Wow, RG MK II looking good! I personally have always favored titan's colors because they are soo unique, but everyone has their preferences I guess. Anyways, as an update to my little hunt I looked more into it, and decided against a perfect grade order. I decided to jump for a professional modeler (poison monkeys, if you've heard of them), but decided to order a MG Full Armor Unicorn Gundam instead (to cheapen things up) A lot cooler than the PG offerings that I've seen anyways (unicorn fan!). I will ask them to glue on all the armor pieces and fix the thing in destroy mode (not transforming it lol), and maybe throw in some LEDs as well. Also, I will ask them to tighten the thing up to make it less flimsy, thus allowing me to pose it more often and swish it around (It's not as bad as it sounds :) ). Can't wait to see how things will turn out!

Actually, to tell the truth, I always felt the PGs were easier to build, and you'd prob even need less panel lining since the panels really are separate pieces.

Anyways, dalong.net is my go-to site for gunpla builds. What's really nice about that site is that they usually show pics of the built up kits as-is without panel-lining or any touchup.

Just saw this at a local dept store:

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/12/system-base-001-review-by-gundam-guy.html

10159760.jpg

Looks good, and would prob fit Bandai's 1/100 valks in battroid mode pretty well too.

I wonder if it would be a stupid idea to try and make the weapon/booster parts from the MG FA unicorn gundam fit onto the GFFMC unicorn (without screwing up the GFFMC unincorn). They're the same scale and the GFFMC is so much better than the model kit. I still don't get why they decided to do a whole new 1/144 scale Unicorn GFF figure just for the Full armor version, rather than just changing the colors and adding weapons to the figure they already had molds for.

^ I thought about that too, but I really think the model kit isn't *that* bad for the MG unicorn. But yeah, i'd be down for a GFFMC unicorn full armor version. I wish the GFFMC did cockpit and pilot detail though, as there are some cool poses i like to do with that...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised that they are already releasing so much stuff related to Unicorn like the MG FA Unicorn, Final Battle Banshee, regular Banshee, etc. without the anime even nearing the final OVA episode. I wonder what other merchandise they have planned if they are already cranking out sooo many high hitting products.

Although a little OT, I hope they re-use that GFFMC mold to create either a FA unicorn or a Banshee. Should be easy milking if you ask me....

Although a little OT, I hope they re-use that GFFMC mold to create either a FA unicorn or a Banshee. Should be easy milking if you ask me....

I want a Banshee out of that figure so bad, I' don't even care that it would probebly be over $250 given GFFMC Unicorn's retail price and the crap exchange rate right now.

I'm surprised that they are already releasing so much stuff related to Unicorn like the MG FA Unicorn, Final Battle Banshee, regular Banshee, etc. without the anime even nearing the final OVA episode.

FA Unicorn is Unicorn's final form in the novel, thus the MG is "Ver.Ka" like the first Unicorn MG. The same with that "final battle Banshee" (note that it lacks the weapons from OVA version). This is just a speculation, but the OVA will probably have entirely new form/configuration/equipment for Unicorn to wear in final battle.

I want a Banshee out of that figure so bad, I' don't even care that it would probebly be over $250 given GFFMC Unicorn's retail price and the crap exchange rate right now.

Personally, I'm hoping for that FA Unicorn a lot as well (Though Banshee is cool too). The Master Grade, I've heard, is really nice and displayable, but sucks horrendously when it comes to actual playability and durability. With the metal composite, these issues should be alleviated drastically....

I'd drop the big ones for banshee as well though, it's just that that head fin looks horrid to me compared to the regular unicorn....

Money was saved this weekend, as none of the Katsucon dealers had the MG Duel Gundam. I only wound up with the MG Full Armor Unicorn Gundam. The price was only $105, which is probably around what I'd be paying if I ordered it from HLJ or one of the other mail order places.

Money was saved this weekend, as none of the Katsucon dealers had the MG Duel Gundam. I only wound up with the MG Full Armor Unicorn Gundam. The price was only $105, which is probably around what I'd be paying if I ordered it from HLJ or one of the other mail order places.

Don't worry. The next set of conventions you'll attend should have it. :D:ph34r:

Can't wait for the aegis or blitz. Two of my favorites from SEED.

You're in luck, Blitz is next.

22.jpg

Other upcoming releases:

MG 1/100 Marasai (Release Date: May 2012, Price; 4200 yen)

MG 1/100 Blitz Gundam (Release Date: Jun 2012, Price: 4200 yen)

HG 1/144 MBF-M1 M1 Astray (Release Date: Jun 2012, Price: 1400 yen)

MG 1/100 AGE-1S Gundam AGE-1 Spallow (Release Date: Apr. 2012, Price: 3500 yen)

MG 1/100 AGE-1T Gundam AGE-1 Titus (Release Date: Mar. 2012, Price: 3500 yen)

HGUC 1/144 MSN-001 Delta Gundam (Release Date: Mar. 2012, Price: 4410 yen)

MG 1/100 RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee (Release Date: Mar. 2012, Price: 5500 yen)

RG 1/144 Gundam Mk-II Titan (Release Date: Apr 2012, Price; 2500 yen)

RG 1/144 Gundam Mk-II A.E.U.G. (Release Date: Apr 2012, Price; 2500 yen)

HGUC 1/144 MSA-003 Nemo (Release Date: Apr. 2012, Price: 1500 yen)

HGUC 1/144 RAS-96 Anksha (Release Date: May 2012, Price: 2600 yen)

HGUC 1/144 MSM-04G Juaggu (Release Date: Mar. 2012, Price: 1700 yen)

HGUC 1/144 Marasai [uC Ver.] (Release Date: Mar. 2012, Price: 1600 yen)

HG 1/144 XVD-XD Farsia (Release Date: Apr. 2012, Price: 1200 yen)

HG 1/144 RGE-C350 Shadoll Custom (Release Date: Apr. 2012, price: 1200 yen)

HG 1/144 Gundam AGE-2 Double Ballet (Release Date: Feb. 2012, Prie: 1500 yen)

Bandai Hobby Online exclusives:

HG 1/144 Juaggu [MSV Ver.] (Pre-Order Begins: Mar 2012, Release Date: May 2012, Price: 1785 yen)

MG 1/100 Nemo [unicorn Ver.] (Pre-Order Begins: Feb 27th 2012, Release Date: Apr 2012, Price: 3150 yen)

there's not even that many left to finish off EW. we've gotten all the ver. Ka/"ver. EW figures, and Sandrock/Heavyarms kai and altron are all easy remolds of ones allready out. The only 100% unique design we haven't gotten yet is Tallgeese III. (of course that's the one I want the most.)