@Snail00:

Thanks for the empathy. Very nice kits. Personally, I'm not inclined to use the clear parts - although I guess I sort of appreciate the gesture by Bandai... Anyways, to make myself feel better, I created this pose. Below are "front/back" pics:

2nlvgyb.jpg

2lctcnc.jpg

Pete

Nice. Dam I need to get more bases. Sucks I still need to buy a separate base for Unicorn to get that Exploding from the retaining cage effect. I have been to most Asian Toy stores in my area and it seems Stands for MGs are in very short supply. All they seem to have are the Gundam 00 Stand which I dont want. I want to get a couple of clear ones, The Sinanju, and Unicorn and two more for spares. Dammit Now i have to use Ebay.

All they did was cut off a part of the side-covers from the legs. The knee articulation on the inner frame is very good on the mould. The problem was always the leg armor which rendered the articulation inoperable.

But if you have the old kit - you could just modify it yourself by chopping off the segment of the leg armor that hinders the knee joint.

The new Gundam kit uses the exact same knee joint - because it's just fine.

Unless I'm horribly mistaken :o

Pete

No real improvements trust me. Dont waste your money. When GFFMC goes on Sale go for that instead!

Hmm, I do not own PG OO but my opinion is maybe because the design of the suit itself. Gundams in OO universe have very different tech than any other due to magical GN Particles. So no need for pistons or overly complex stuff (replaced by those GN stripes power cable). Just my opinion, unless there's official lineart for OO Raiser inner structure: not sketches/CAD for the PG, but the one that drawn by Ebikawa that shows pistons and stuff.

Well, I'll still get PG OO if I have the money; unless MG version come out soon :rolleyes:

BTW, anyone here own PG Zeta? I found someone sell it at good price, need some references first.

I have mentioned this numerous times but that never translated well into the KIT. IT really falls short of a PG. Its a good candidate for Breakage if handled alot unlike my strike, GP02, and RX-78-2.

You will see when you get it and you start swearing it off because a lot more could have been done.

I have the PG Zeta. Its Pretty good. A little chunky for my liking. THe MG V2 has nicer dimensions and lines with the same engineering as the PG. Has issues holding the rifle and standing as well. Definitely need panel lining, Stickers and a good layer of MR Top Coat Flat! to make it stand out. Its a worthy piece in a collection much more worthy then 00 Raiser.

For WHAT to Get Quesitons on MG. Of the latest releases, I say get the GNX Great Kit, holds up well to to many action poses. The feet are a little bit of a problem if you have his Bean Rifle rather than Beam Gun. But so much more the exia. That and the new Wing Gundam OVA version which i havent finished building. Its pretty nice and so far more sturdier than other versions of MG wing releases.

Hope that helps

Hey Snail00 your MSN-06S Sinanju Ver Ka Titanium Finish looks good I may put him on my want list lol.. hows the kit? pretty good?

All I can say the contruction for Modern MGs is the best I have seen

It ranks either 1st or second to Zaku V2, RX-78V2, Hi-Nu, Seed Gundams in design and engineering. It was an awesome build. because their is so much inner frame it has heft and strong joints and all without poly caps.. Because its a tit version you can leave the stickers in the manual, but I will say the gold leaf on the armor plates takes a lot of patience.

I am very happy with it unlike the Unicorn which I love the mech but still fails me! I would also suggest the GNX and new Wing Gundam OVA version

It seems the MG is the new PG while the PG is the new HY2M

Edited by Snail00

@Vostok 7

I'm sorely tempted on the MG FAGundam too and I've sworn off the models basically. Too bad they probably won't do an RD FAG to upgrade from the MSIA one.

It's funny, in some ways the MSIA version was better than the Fix Figuration version :blink: But I definitely look forward to his MG version. I love building Gunplas, especially suits that I like a lot.

i had wanted the 1/60 PG ZETA for what must have been ten years now,

and i finally got the chance to get one about six months back;

PGZGUNDAM12-11-09.jpg

1-60PGZ-GUNDAM-FINISHED2.jpg

1-60PGZGUNDAM3-4-102.jpg

1-60PGZ-GUNDAM10-23-09.jpg

1-60PGZ-GUNDAM-FINISHED9.jpg

the most incredible model building experience of my life!

galaxies above the older variable rectifications of this design.

i've built both the 1/144 HG and the 1/100 MG, and this PG

solves all their problems and then some! everything locks together into perfect alignment,

with absolutely zero floppiness!!

jeez, i could NEVER go back to non PG GUNPLA after this one...

Edited by Shaorin

<!--quoteo(post=849528:date=May 8 2010, 02:50 PM:name=Snail00)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Snail00 @ May 8 2010, 02:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=849528"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->bah

the best PG Build in my opinion<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

F**K YEAH GP-01!

Love the GP-01 design. :)

anyways, mostly finished building this sexy beast. I need to panel line the gun, ink wash the blades, and apply the hundreds of tiny F'ing dry transfer markings. :(

4598093706_fc00804084_b.jpg

4597479079_8d59e76e6b_b.jpg

already looks so good next to my GFFMC unicorn.

4597476633_c3a24d8849.jpg

I've got to say this is probably the coolest thing I've ever built ever. period. Every angle on this thing is sexy, thank you Mr. Katoki for doing an amazing job on this one.

The Sinanju is one pretty sexy model. I still have to finish mine, though. I'd say it's about 98% complete. I originally got lazy and used the foil decals for all the gold trim, but actually got the sense to go back and remove them so I could actually paint the gold detail.

The Sinanju is definitely on my list. I like it better than the Sazabi for some reason, probably because it's more compact and looks more agile.

Still wish someone would make a Nightingale in some form.

anyways, mostly finished building this sexy beast. I need to panel line the gun, ink wash the blades, and apply the hundreds of tiny F'ing dry transfer markings. :(

4598093706_fc00804084_b.jpg

4597479079_8d59e76e6b_b.jpg

already looks so good next to my GFFMC unicorn.

4597476633_c3a24d8849.jpg

I've got to say this is probably the coolest thing I've ever built ever. period. Every angle on this thing is sexy, thank you Mr. Katoki for doing an amazing job on this one.

Im checking out the Sinanju Titanium version.. I wonder how it looks, it might look too tacky with the shinyness I might just get the regular version lol

Im checking out the Sinanju Titanium version.. I wonder how it looks, it might look too tacky with the shinyness I might just get the regular version lol

I don't really like the titanium finish version. only the red parts are coated so all the black looks dull by comparison. the foil stickers do kind of match the metalic red but the foil stickers suck and the black parts that aren't completely covered by stickers still look off.

also all the orange thruster parts (which should have been gold coated from the beginning IMO) are still orange which sucks.

had they coated the black and orange bits, it would have looked cool but as it stands it's just a mess. and considering it costs nearly twice as much over the standard version, it's also a ripoff.

:edit: I'd just like to add that I like coating versions, I think the crome finish looks cool. the problem is the Sinanju kit doesn't have ENOUGH crome parts. It's got way to many black ad orange bits that are just plain plastic.

Edited by anime52k8

The Sinanju is definitely on my list. I like it better than the Sazabi for some reason, probably because it's more compact and looks more agile.

Still wish someone would make a Nightingale in some form.

Madness! Sazabi is the BEST suit hands down, if they made a Sazabi MG today it would kick anything's ass.

I'm totally with you on the Nightengale though.

NOO!! I really wanted the new MG to be the 00 raiser. :(

-Archer

Screw the 00 Raiser, gundam 00 sucks. MG The O is going to be so sweet, Now I HAVE to pick up a Zeta 2.0 and Hyaku shiki.

I'll also need to get ANOTHER Qubeley. :angry: (The one I had broke in half at the wast joint while I was dusting it... FAIL <_< also part of the lower leg armor fell off and is MIA... double FAIL)

I know as soon as I buy a second one though, they'll decide to make a V.2 Qubeley... (same same thing with the Hyaku Shiki)

Madness! Sazabi is the BEST suit hands down, if they made a Sazabi MG today it would kick anything's ass.

I'm totally with you on the Nightengale though.

Bah, the Sazabi is a fatty. A 2.0 would be nice although I know it would be rediculously expensive considering the current 10 year old kit costs more than the Sinanju or a Hi-nu gundam.

Now an MG Nightengale would be interesting. but if You have to have one you could always try to track down the crazy expensive G-System resin kit

I think that the MG Sazabi is perfect just the way it is. Even the movie made the Sazabi look like it was supposed to be a pretty bulky machine. At least to me it did.

Are the Geara Doga, Jagd Doga, and Jegan so unpopular that there still isn't a MG kit for them after all these years?