lol USDA inspection?

I see someboday hasn't watched Turn-A-Gundam? :) This is a reconstruction of the scene in which Loran helps a family who have no milk for their child by giving them a cow. Granted, there's no family anywhere to be seen, but that's the idea. Loran stored the Cow in the Gundam's Missile Rack - thus why one of the silos is open on the chest :)

I'm a sucker for sentimental slop like this :)

Pete

Thanks for the info, but i knew they were resin kits. I was just wonderin how well the inner frames that come with many of their new kits hold up.

-Archer ^_^

I have a few 1/60, Kampfer, NT-1, and some conversion kits, IWSP, Guncannon, and Wing Ka.

Guncannon conversion is nice, Wing Ka conversion has some issues though. The Kampfer isn't bad, I finished the frame entirely and it's on par with a PG frame. Like anything else, you get what you put into it. It should be noted I picked up most of these on ebay for cheaper than what they charge on their site. I really want the new GP-03 kit and new Zaku, but damn it's a lot. Though I do hear great things about them. It should be noted you won't even come close to building these as fast as a PG, I've been working on my Kampfer for months and finally JUST started looking like something.

Edited by Excillon

I have a few 1/60, Kampfer, NT-1, and some conversion kits, IWSP, Guncannon, and Wing Ka.

Guncannon conversion is nice, Wing Ka conversion has some issues though. The Kampfer isn't bad, I finished the frame entirely and it's on par with a PG frame. Like anything else, you get what you put into it. It should be noted I picked up most of these on ebay for cheaper than what they charge on their site. I really want the new GP-03 kit and new Zaku, but damn it's a lot. Though I do hear great things about them. It should be noted you won't even come close to building these as fast as a PG, I've been working on my Kampfer for months and finally JUST started looking like something.

Thanks for the info. Want to post some pics of that kamper? :lol: I am sure everyone would love to see it :D

I'm planning to get back into assembling Gundam kits, but due to lack of space in my apartment (mostly taken by my Valks, LOL), I'm limiting myself to 1/144. I'll be focusing on HGUC, but the 0 Gundam Type A.C.D. looks tempting. What would be the 10 best HGUC kits to get? And what non-UC 1/144 kits are highly recommended?

having gotten almost every Modern MG I started looking for the limited versions.

Recently I bought the New Pearl Coating MG Wing Custom 0 and Special Coating MG Force Impulse.

Right now I am trying to figure out which version I get for the 2.0 RX 78 2...the Titanium version or Smoke Clear Version

I'm planning to get back into assembling Gundam kits, but due to lack of space in my apartment (mostly taken by my Valks, LOL), I'm limiting myself to 1/144. I'll be focusing on HGUC, but the 0 Gundam Type A.C.D. looks tempting. What would be the 10 best HGUC kits to get? And what non-UC 1/144 kits are highly recommended?

Listing the "10 best HGUC" kits is hard because it's subjective to what suits you like, they're all pretty good and as time goes on they only get better. I would say the Dendrobium would have to be up near the top but I don't think that fits your "lack of space" criteria :lol:

Every HGUC I've gotten I've enjoyed quite a bit. I can't remember all of them off the top of my head, but I know I have the Zaku I Sniper, Zaku F2 Zeon and Geara Zulu. Those are just the ones I have on display at the moment, I know I have more stashed away. I have a pretty long list of ones I want/plan to get in the future.

Thanks for the info. Want to post some pics of that kamper? :lol: I am sure everyone would love to see it :D

Sure, as soon as I paint the armor pieces and get them to fit, of course, at the rate I'm going, that should be about 2015...

All I can say is G-sys stuff is a lot of work, but so far it seems worth it.

Sure, as soon as I paint the armor pieces and get them to fit, of course, at the rate I'm going, that should be about 2015...

All I can say is G-sys stuff is a lot of work, but so far it seems worth it.

Doesn't G-System offer some sort of pre-built option that you can request? I don't know, but I wonder if the model painted by the masters themselves is worth the approximate $2500 pricetag......... :blink:

Yeah I'm thinking about getting the Blue Frame next but Im thinking about getting Strike Noir... Which one should I get first?

122_BlueFrame_01.jpg

528-strike-noir-gundam-01.jpg

Noir AWESOME KIT!!!!!

The Blue Frame is the same bot in different colors. So its like having the same build same kit. Go with the NOIR!

Yeah on the Blue Frame; I like it when you can split his tachnical arms and attach the blades on his arms which is pretty cool. I'll be getting the Noir first.. love the color scheme on him.. and the clear parts dont look bad on him at all.

Edited by Gunpod71

Doesn't G-System offer some sort of pre-built option that you can request? I don't know, but I wonder if the model painted by the masters themselves is worth the approximate $2500 pricetag......... :blink:

You're asking the wrong guy. I am a firm believer in if you're going to build a model, you should do it yourself. Of course in the beginning your going to suck, we all do. However, you get better with time, and in a way you even appreciate your first attempts more as you can see how you've developed. I have an old F91 1/60 I painted into a Harrison custom that looks like dogsh*t. Then, I went back last year and did another one with a kit I got for cheap and compared the two, and the 2nd one came out much more how it looked in my mind. But I still love that first one nonetheless, paint runs and all.

Anyhow, without rambling, yes they do offer a build service, I couldn't tell you their pricing though. I don't know you're skill, however, if you REALLY have the G-sys bug, do what I did and start with a conversion kit, they're generally affordable and simple enough. I believe the MK.II conversion is fairly cheap, as is the Zeta head/gun kit and the Guncannon isn't bad. Or you can try something like the IWSP, so you can do it without risking damage to a PG kit. I don't know anything about they're MG conversion kits or smaller scale stuff though.

You're asking the wrong guy. I am a firm believer in if you're going to build a model, you should do it yourself. Of course in the beginning your going to suck, we all do. However, you get better with time, and in a way you even appreciate your first attempts more as you can see how you've developed. I have an old F91 1/60 I painted into a Harrison custom that looks like dogsh*t. Then, I went back last year and did another one with a kit I got for cheap and compared the two, and the 2nd one came out much more how it looked in my mind. But I still love that first one nonetheless, paint runs and all.

Anyhow, without rambling, yes they do offer a build service, I couldn't tell you their pricing though. I don't know you're skill, however, if you REALLY have the G-sys bug, do what I did and start with a conversion kit, they're generally affordable and simple enough. I believe the MK.II conversion is fairly cheap, as is the Zeta head/gun kit and the Guncannon isn't bad. Or you can try something like the IWSP, so you can do it without risking damage to a PG kit. I don't know anything about they're MG conversion kits or smaller scale stuff though.

Yeah, i saw pics of the mk.II conversion kit, but i really couldn't make out any *apparent* differences from the regular pg to the conversion. Any idea?

(oh, and btw, i contacted them and got back a message saying that pricing for pre - built is about 3 - 6 times the amount of $ as the regular kit!!!!!!!)

Edited by Archer

I remember when I first started building models and they all came out looking like ass. Then I decided I hated building models and stopped. Now I buy toys and I'm a much happier person. ^_^

Edited by anime52k8

That kind of thinking kept me away from models for a long time - but Bandai's models are really user friendly. The only way to screw them up is by being impatient. Then again, I never paint any of them, I use a technical pencil for panel lining (except on Turn-A-Gundam...and that didn't come out to well...), and I carefully apply decals and dry-sheets (or whatever those things are called).

It's really pretty hard to screw up...

Sometime in the next few months, I'll be getting Hasegawa's 1/72 VF-1 with Minmey decals. That'll be my first attempt at glue + paint.

Toys are fun - but sometimes they are no good compared to models. Just take the VF-25. Sorry, but in the long run - the DX is a stinker compared to the 1/72 model kits.

I would prefer to have toys that are durable, yet as accurate as models....

But on the other hand - Gundams are so much fun... and I think it would be difficult to replicate the MG experience in a pure toy. I mean - I love the hydraulics, the inner frames - all the little moving parts. I'm not sure it is economically feasable to make a toy that does that...?

Pete

Yeah on the Blue Frame; I like it when you can split his tachnical arms and attach the blades on his arms which is pretty cool. I'll be getting the Noir first.. love the color scheme on him.. and the clear parts dont look bad on him at all.

to tell the truth it was a toss up for me between the noir and the blue frame. if you check out rrobert184's youtube page he tells you where to obtain instructions on how you can build the blue frames tactical arms set up with the left over parts from your red frame (of course you won't have the effect parts, but oh well.). personally i like the blue frame's set up better.

here's a link

Edited by firmpulse

Ok - clearly the gods are toying with me. After I wrote my last post in this thread, I went back to building Victory Gundam. I was on the arms. I didn't break anything, but I wore out a hinge connecting the upper arm to the elbow. It'll break eventually.

Gotta get a new kit.

F@ck!! :(

Pete

Ok - clearly the gods are toying with me. After I wrote my last post in this thread, I went back to building Victory Gundam. I was on the arms. I didn't break anything, but I wore out a hinge connecting the upper arm to the elbow. It'll break eventually.

Gotta get a new kit.

F@ck!! :(

Pete

I feel for ya. I did that with the Clear Parts Hyaku-Shiki arm and a small piece on my second build of Unicorn

Here a few picks of a few builds

DSC04175-1.jpg

DSC04177-1.jpg

DSC04178-1.jpg

DSC04179-1.jpg

DSC04181-1.jpg

Well, I am kind of testing the waters here, but when do you guys think the next PG will come out, and what do you think it will be?

Seeing as the 00 raiser was kind of a letdown, and it came out only a few months after the PG astray, I think the next PG

will come out fairly soon, hopefully in the next year or two. (seeing as bandai likes to milk major trends, I am predicting an MS from Unicorn is up next for the PG treatment)

Edited by Archer

Well, I am kind of testing the waters here, but when do you guys think the next PG will come out, and what do you think it will be?

Seeing as the 00 raiser was kind of a letdown, and it came out only a few months after the PG astray, I think the next PG

will come out fairly soon, hopefully in the next year or two. (seeing as bandai likes to milk major trends, I am predicting an MS from Unicorn is up next for the PG treatment)

I won't rest until Bandai makes a PG RX-93 Nu Gundam.

Half the astray is a retool of the Strike and the PG 00 barely qualifies for "PG" so if that's going to be the trend I could care less what the next release will be.

Half the astray is a retool of the Strike and the PG 00 barely qualifies for "PG" so if that's going to be the trend I could care less what the next release will be.

Seeing as I'm waiting for a PG -00 Raiser, I gotta ask... Why don't you like it? Or, more to the point, why do you think it barely qualifies as 'PG'?

Seeing as I'm waiting for a PG -00 Raiser, I gotta ask... Why don't you like it? Or, more to the point, why do you think it barely qualifies as 'PG'?

Well...

materials: the plastic is brittle compared to previous kits. I've had several parts fail just from the stress of construction, multiple cracks on the hand units and some of the c-clips on the legs.

Detailing: The 00 really suffers here. The completed frame is really lacking for details and detailing. If you look at the Strike or Mk II the frame is covered in mechanical details, little opening and closing bits, pistons and other bits that slide or fold as you move the frame. That's almost entirely nonexistent on the 00.

The armor is lacking as well. Other PG kits have opening hatches or armor that slides around as you pose the frame. Again, nearly none of that.

The push locks, neat idea but in reality it just makes posing a chore, especially since you need to first move the GN drives out of way and then flip up the shoulder pauldrons to get to the shoulder lock. And then the knee and elbow joints have non push locks supplementing them, so what's the point? And the supplemental knee joint is a ratchet but because the entire ratchet joint is made of the same material you eventually wear down the teeth and it's no longer a ratchet. And if the push lock fails because you accidentally push too hard on it, it becomes a super floppy friction joint that doesn't even have a poly cap to help out.

and just a minor nit pick

Design: the light module in the head requires a knife or some other small instrument to pry it out of the head.

Speaking of Perfect Grade, how come Bandai hasn't made any non-Gundam PGs as of late? After all, the model kit line did not start with Gundam (EVA-01 was the first).

Probably because there hasn't been a hot/popular non-Gundam robot design or accompanying anime series lately. If anything, the VF-25 from Frontier has the best shot.

I wonder if Bandai is ever going to do another R3 kit.

@Snail00:

Thanks for the empathy. Very nice kits. Personally, I'm not inclined to use the clear parts - although I guess I sort of appreciate the gesture by Bandai... Anyways, to make myself feel better, I created this pose. Below are "front/back" pics:

2nlvgyb.jpg

2lctcnc.jpg

Pete

Well...

materials: the plastic is brittle compared to previous kits. I've had several parts fail just from the stress of construction, multiple cracks on the hand units and some of the c-clips on the legs.

Detailing: The 00 really suffers here. The completed frame is really lacking for details and detailing. If you look at the Strike or Mk II the frame is covered in mechanical details, little opening and closing bits, pistons and other bits that slide or fold as you move the frame. That's almost entirely nonexistent on the 00.

The armor is lacking as well. Other PG kits have opening hatches or armor that slides around as you pose the frame. Again, nearly none of that.

The push locks, neat idea but in reality it just makes posing a chore, especially since you need to first move the GN drives out of way and then flip up the shoulder pauldrons to get to the shoulder lock. And then the knee and elbow joints have non push locks supplementing them, so what's the point? And the supplemental knee joint is a ratchet but because the entire ratchet joint is made of the same material you eventually wear down the teeth and it's no longer a ratchet. And if the push lock fails because you accidentally push too hard on it, it becomes a super floppy friction joint that doesn't even have a poly cap to help out.

and just a minor nit pick

Design: the light module in the head requires a knife or some other small instrument to pry it out of the head.

he is right. i really love the design of the pg 00, but in reality it's just a big mg. i have had absolutely no problem with the plastic being brittle (thank god). the ratcheting joint system is great for holding poses but it is a huge pain in the a$$. i did enjoy building it. i love the way it looked after i completed it as well....anyway. just my two cents.

i think bandai will make a pg 00Q next. the way the frame on the pg00 is constructed suggests they will use it for something else. some gundam designed to have a light in the chest

@VFTF1 how's the new unicorn kit?

Edited by firmpulse

I have the new Unicorn kit? :o That's news to me :)

But from what I've seen it looks exactly like the old Unicorn kit + new leg armor for better knee articulation and that stand thing...

Pete

I have the new Unicorn kit? :o That's news to me :)

But from what I've seen it looks exactly like the old Unicorn kit + new leg armor for better knee articulation and that stand thing...

Pete

yep. the version that comes with the scaffold cage is the revision. i was curious if the new kit was that much better. the knee articulation and transformation on the previous one is horrendous

All they did was cut off a part of the side-covers from the legs. The knee articulation on the inner frame is very good on the mould. The problem was always the leg armor which rendered the articulation inoperable.

But if you have the old kit - you could just modify it yourself by chopping off the segment of the leg armor that hinders the knee joint.

The new Gundam kit uses the exact same knee joint - because it's just fine.

Unless I'm horribly mistaken :o

Pete

Well...

Hmm, I do not own PG OO but my opinion is maybe because the design of the suit itself. Gundams in OO universe have very different tech than any other due to magical GN Particles. So no need for pistons or overly complex stuff (replaced by those GN stripes power cable). Just my opinion, unless there's official lineart for OO Raiser inner structure: not sketches/CAD for the PG, but the one that drawn by Ebikawa that shows pistons and stuff.

Well, I'll still get PG OO if I have the money; unless MG version come out soon :rolleyes:

BTW, anyone here own PG Zeta? I found someone sell it at good price, need some references first.