On 2/22/2020 at 12:41 PM, Mommar said:

I finally got around to building this damn thing.  No paint/panel lining or decals though.

681115CF-4339-4086-AC05-739D7D2001B8.jpeg

Beautiful Sinanju. For a straight build it's really nice.

I like your TTX too lol!

29 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Took them long enough.

Now here's hoping it's not a significantly reduced selection compared to the Japanese site.

The announcement does specifically say nearly two dozen.  And not that they’ll keep releasing everything from now on.  The list includes a lot of stuff that has already been solicited elsewhere.  And for some odd reason Tallgeese 3 which they already sold last year.

32 minutes ago, Mommar said:

The announcement does specifically say nearly two dozen.  And not that they’ll keep releasing everything from now on.  The list includes a lot of stuff that has already been solicited elsewhere.  And for some odd reason Tallgeese 3 which they already sold last year.

tallgeese 2, not tallgeese 3. it's getting a reissue with a June ship date.

2 minutes ago, dragonstar1982 said:

How so? Only asking because I'm in the middle of my build right now.

I think the biggest problem is because it's based off a design that was intended to transform there's a lot of unnecessary building done for mechanisms that really won't get used.  It makes it tedious.  On top of that, because of the transformation gimmicks that hinders articulation.  This thing is a monster but it could pose better if it didn't have dumb gimmicks like the upper and lower torso being held together by a removable fighter.

I'd imagine it at least builds more easily and sturdily than the earlier model, though, no? Which still looks great but has an of its time janky loose construction. IIRC it's still about half the price of the new Ver Ka, though, so... two of the same design for the same money? Not bad at all.

so if I was understanding that new announcement for the celebration of the 40th anniversary of gunpla by making a super-duper Perfect Grade that uses the knowledge gained from all the years of gunpla, I wonder what it will entail and how much the price will be jacked up?  $700 PG RX-0 Phenex anyone?

Twich

1 hour ago, twich said:

so if I was understanding that new announcement for the celebration of the 40th anniversary of gunpla by making a super-duper Perfect Grade that uses the knowledge gained from all the years of gunpla, I wonder what it will entail and how much the price will be jacked up?  $700 PG RX-0 Phenex anyone?

Twich

They already did a PG Phenex a couple years ago. it was a P-bandai and had a 43,000yen msrp. They also reissued it last year.

The upcoming "PERFECT GRADE UNLEASHED" is stated to be an RX-78-2.

Edited by anime52k8

right, that was what I was implying that the aftermarket for the PG Phenex was like $700 on sites like Gundamplanet.  I was asking if anyone knew how much it would be with all these new refinements, and what the new refinements would entail.

1 hour ago, twich said:

right, that was what I was implying that the aftermarket for the PG Phenex was like $700 on sites like Gundamplanet.  I was asking if anyone knew how much it would be with all these new refinements, and what the new refinements would entail.

oh, gotcha. Well, Phenex got so expensive because chrome coating+proxy buyer fees+limited item scalping. I'm gonna give this new PG a 90% chance that it won't be limited/web exclusive, and it probably won't be head-to-toe gold chromed. random stab in the dark; $250.

I’m guessing that it will probably do the full core fighter, lots of opening panels, some extreme articulation and probably some light gimmicks with the sensors and possibly signal lights. Some versions of the granddaddy had spots on the shoulder and knees that could be lit up. And maybe light up thrusters. But to be honest that’s all just guessing. 

2 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

oh, gotcha. Well, Phenex got so expensive because chrome coating+proxy buyer fees+limited item scalping. I'm gonna give this new PG a 90% chance that it won't be limited/web exclusive, and it probably won't be head-to-toe gold chromed. random stab in the dark; $250.

it is grand daddy Gundam. It will be general release. I dont predict price but RX-78-2 most of the time, really get good value for money. I am expecting they can go the unicorn route where there will be lighting gimmicks (which should be more refined now) and it can be sold with or without it.

9 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

Very nice, what blue paint did you use?

The manual called for clear blue and white which ended up with me wasting a bunch of  paint and creating a baby blue :angry: I used Mr. Color Cobalt Blue with a tiny amount of purple added into it. Dont think ill follow the manual paint mixes again. 

16 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

I don't find the manual paint mixes helpful either. I need up testing a bunch of colors on spoons until there is one I like. 

Did you repaint the yellow parts also?

Yup everything is painted. For yellow I sprayed an orange base, shaded it with white, and then went over with yellow. 

1 hour ago, electric indigo said:

Awesome finish! Now onto the FZ...!

Still working on this one, Im working on the Chobham armor. Im waiting until im completely done to post all the pics :) Should be another week or so until im done with the armor. 

Zaku Kai I already started working on ^_^ Just have it snapped and sanded, will need to remove some nasty seams next. 

DbdmTUR.jpg

Edited by anubis20

1 minute ago, anubis20 said:

Still working on this one, Im working on the Chobham armor. Im waiting until im completely done to post all the pics :) Should be another week or so until im done with the armor. 

Zaku Kai I already started working on ^_^ Just have it snapped and sanded, will need to remove some nasty seams next. 

Do you sand all the entire surface of the model before you paint? I have heard a few youtubers recommend doing that to get a smooth finish. I have tested on a kit with some armor parts sanded and other pieces left as is. I didn't see any difference. 

11 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

Do you sand all the entire surface of the model before you paint? I have heard a few youtubers recommend doing that to get a smooth finish. I have tested on a kit with some armor parts sanded and other pieces left as is. I didn't see any difference. 

No I just sand the nub marks and any seams. What i do is wash the parts after im done with all the sanding and before I apply the primer. 

7 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Almost finished with the Alex 2.0.. Currently working on the Chobham armor but the Gundam itself is finished. 

PUCX5HT.jpg

bIMeSxF.jpg

Wow! That looks amazing! Makes me want to go and get an NT-1 now.

Did Al come with the kit or is that your own custom?

BTW it's been some years since I bought any MG kits, but do they still just come with a few dry transfers and a bunch of stickers? Because I always thought it bizarre that such high quality kits would just have stickers and no decals. Are gunpla builders allergic to water? :unknw:

13 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

BTW it's been some years since I bought any MG kits, but do they still just come with a few dry transfers and a bunch of stickers? Because I always thought it bizarre that such high quality kits would just have stickers and no decals. Are gunpla builders allergic to water? :unknw:

Unfortunately, non-Ver. Ka regular released MGs usually just have dry transfers and/or stickers. Water slides are usually included on Ver Ka kits and PBandai released items.

3 hours ago, pafy6285 said:

Unfortunately, non-Ver. Ka regular released MGs usually just have dry transfers and/or stickers. Water slides are usually included on Ver Ka kits and PBandai released items.

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Wow! That looks amazing! Makes me want to go and get an NT-1 now.

Did Al come with the kit or is that your own custom?

Yes its criminal that Bandai charges 200, 300, even $400 like PG Phenex and they dont include waterslides. Worst of all they dont even make them anymore for their kits. For a regular Kit i usually have to buy third party decals from China like I did with the Alex. Like pafy6285 said, only Ver.ka and premium Bandai kits include decals. 

Al comes with the kit. Its also comes with a Bernie and Christina in pilot suit. I just painted them :)

Edited by anubis20

There is a wateslide set that was sold a while back that has ones for 1/144 and 1/100 scale Alex. I think it’s still available and has just about all the markings, minus some of the caution ones. But there are caution sets out there.

I do however agree and have probably brought it up a lot that Bandai needs to include water slides as well as stickers. It would only cost a dollar or so extra per kit, but would be greatly appreciated. I just got the Barbatos mg kit and I’m glad I bought those ibo waterslide sets a while back. Bandai has a lot of decal sets, but the markings for some of the more complex stuff like the rg tallgeese 3 may not happen and for some reason, even thou it’s a web exclusive there were only stickers.

On 2/26/2020 at 8:24 PM, Big s said:

More aoz madness 

764F4924-2A64-4C7F-BDE9-6B0B9D97AB5D.jpeg

9409D8B8-E1F3-4613-8182-7E1789758FCE.jpeg

It sure is a great time to be a fan of Advance of Z mobile suits. I don't build kits that much anymore but for these series, I'm going to buy it. :wub: 

On 3/2/2020 at 7:40 AM, anubis20 said:

Almost finished with the Alex 2.0.. Currently working on the Chobham armor but the Gundam itself is finished. 

PUCX5HT.jpg

bIMeSxF.jpg

Great build as always, Anubis. :good:;)