• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Darth Mingus said:

Here you go.  Night and day.  Just looking at the runners tell you how different this guy is compared to the NG.

Don't have the time to check it out right now, but that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

EDIT:

Eh. turns out that wasn't at all what I was looking for. A brief side-by-side comparison at the beginning and end is... incomplete, to say the least. Some observations:

- The more... "typical" proportions of the MG are both appreciated and disappointing. It does look more... well, typically appealing, but it loses some of what makes the Barbatos feel "wild."

- More intricate inner frame is also both appreciated and disappointing. Technically, it's definitely more impressive, but I'm also rarely ever going to care beyond the initial construction.

- Hands are a major improvement, though, all around. That honestly might be what seals the deal.

- The inclusion of the mace is appreciated. Having to buy both the regular No-Grade Barbatos and the 6th Form just to get the mace or scratchbuild one never sat well with me, especially when IIRC in the anime it's almost exclusively the base Barbatos that uses it, not the 6th Form Barbatos.

- That said, the mace's dumb blades gimmick is dumb and gimmicky. I have half a mind to count that against the kit.

All in all, I'm still not entirely sold on the MG. I guess the only way to resolve this is to buy both and compare them in hand! :D

Edited by kajnrig

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, hachi said:

Has anybody gotten the HG 1/144 Gundam G40? Or is this not out yet?

It's a limited edition release, or at least the initial batch with special box and booklet is. There's been no word of when/if it'll see further release in any form the way the G30th did via the HG Starter Set 2.

22 hours ago, kajnrig said:

It's a limited edition release, or at least the initial batch with special box and booklet is. There's been no word of when/if it'll see further release in any form the way the G30th did via the HG Starter Set 2.

I don't remember it being PBandai. Oh well, was thinking of getting it for a fleeting moment and then that moment disappeared  :p

18 hours ago, Golden Arms said:

I have one on order from blufin and amiami.  I believe it's in stock at blufin.

Thanks. It's orders closed at Amiami and I don't have an account with Bluefin (don't want too many accounts I can't keep track of).

4 hours ago, hachi said:

I don't remember it being PBandai. Oh well, was thinking of getting it for a fleeting moment and then that moment disappeared  :p

Oh, it's not P-Bandai, they just did a limited release of it, similar to like the "Unicorn mode box art" initial release of the RG Unicorn, except so far as I can tell, there are no plans to keep producing it like there were for the Unicorn.

There are definitely some interesting kits coming this year. I think the 2 I’m most interested in are the desert zaku and the origin gundam even though we’ve had so many rx 78’s and zaku’s recently. Hopefully we eventually get an updated gelgoog.

and after the Hathaway’s Flash trailer, maybe a Messer later this year.

On 12/31/2019 at 4:12 AM, anime52k8 said:

HGAC G-Unit kits! :o I hope this leads to a Griepe, Hydra and Aesculapius in the future.

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2019/12/p-bandai-hgac-1144-gundam-geminass-01.html

hg_geminass-01.thumb.jpg.1ae842f45ec6d10dcb06811094130347.jpg

I wonder if Bandai will release the L.O. Booster for it (Or Lobster Boy as I used to call it back in the day :p )

https://gundam.fandom.com/wiki/OZX-GU01LOB_Gundam_L.O._Booster