My next weekend's build will either be the RG RX-93 Nu Gundam or the MG ver 2.0 RX-78 NT-1 Alex Gundam.

Both are in my cupboard waiting to be built, just trying to decide which to build first.

to be honest, I was a little disappointed by the RG Sazabi, despite all the rave reviews. Sure, it looks awesome, but the frustration factor is fairly high when posing it, as the right skirt armour and left should armour seem to fall of every time I handle the kit and these are not parts that can be glues on.

So I'll probably build the Alex Gundam first.

I think from now on I think I'm gonna stick with 1/100 MG kits rather than 1/144 RG & HGUC.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really loving the newly released P-Bandai F90 Master Grade. It's a great kit. 

The original non-grade 1/100 F90 A/D/S was the first ever Gunpla I built way back in 1990.

So happy that a Master Grade had finally been released as the F90 is one of my all time favourite Mobile Suit designs. 

20190916_222340.jpg

20190916_222527.jpg

20190916_222644.jpg

20190913_175302.jpg

20190916_224924.jpg

2 hours ago, Graham said:

I'm really loving the newly released P-Bandai F90 Master Grade. It's a great kit. 

The original non-grade 1/100 F90 A/D/S was the first ever Gunpla I built way back in 1990.

So happy that a Master Grade had finally been released as the F90 is one of my all time favourite Mobile Suit designs. 

Looks great.  Are you getting all the weapon packs as well?  The kit from the 90s wasn't too bad, but this one looks like it blows it away. 

9 hours ago, Darth Mingus said:

Looks great.  Are you getting all the weapon packs as well?  The kit from the 90s wasn't too bad, but this one looks like it blows it away. 

Yep, I've already got the first two weapon packs (E & S). Will start building them tonight.

Also, planning to buy one more F90 and the other packs as they are released. Luckily, living in HK makes acquiring P-Bandai stuff easy at list price.

Gotta say the colour separation on the MG F90 is awesome. Also, it's a really solid kit, no real problems with parts falling off when handling it unlike some kits. Also, the articulation is pretty decent. It can do a good ab crunch and both leg and arm articulation is pretty good.

I really hope they flush out the F90/F91 line.

For sure we'll get more F90 stuff like the F90-II and various popular addons like the Plunge Type.

We've already got a Silhouette Formula 91 remake suit coming out (Vigna Zirah) so there's always hope we'll see more.

22 hours ago, Duymon said:

I really hope they flush out the F90/F91 line.

For sure we'll get more F90 stuff like the F90-II and various popular addons like the Plunge Type.

We've already got a Silhouette Formula 91 remake suit coming out (Vigna Zirah) so there's always hope we'll see more.

I'm looking forward to the VSBR packs for the F90 and also the S & D packs.

It will also be interesting to see the rest of the previously unseen 26 mission packs.

3 hours ago, JakCrow said:

Of course, if you get all the packs when they come out, you'll end up spending about $650USD. Now, if you wanted to buy a couple extra F90s, you're looking at close to $800

Not that expensive.

Living in Hong Kong I can order directly from P-Bandai. P-Bandai Hong Kong Pricing is:

Mission pack set = HK$140 (including 2 types of packs), so x 13 sets to get the 26 Mission packs = HK$1,820. 

F90 is HK$280, so x 3 = HK$840.

Of course need to add some shipping cost but thats not expensive, the second F90 I ordered from P-Bandai they charged me HK$40 for the shipping. So say HK$40 per F90 for 3x F90 and 13x Mission Pack sets = HK$640.

TOTAL = HK$1,820 + HK$840 + HK$640 = HK$3,300

Converting that into US Dollars makes that about US$423 total

Gonna be starting to build the RG Crossbone Gundam this weekend. Little worried by the tiny size. Not sure my aging eyes are gonna be able to handle panel lining the tiny parts.......haha

Although I previously disliked the Crossbone Gundam design, I've recently gotten into it after reading the manga. And I've always had a thing for the small size, late UC era MS such as the F90, F91, V and V2.

Was originally thinking of buying the MG ver. Ka Crossbone, but after reading and watching a lot of reviews it seems to have a lot of negatives. Being an older kit, the colour separation is not great and most of the yellow parts need painting as they are only provided as yellow stickers. Also, seems like the colour separation on the weapons is not good as they also need the trim painting. Wish Bandai would release a ver. 2.0 MG Crossbone kit and while they are at it a ver. 2.0 Victory Gundam also as the red circle stickers used on the MG Knees and elbows suck.

On 9/18/2019 at 6:55 PM, Graham said:

Not that expensive.

Living in Hong Kong I can order directly from P-Bandai. P-Bandai Hong Kong Pricing is:

Mission pack set = HK$140 (including 2 types of packs), so x 13 sets to get the 26 Mission packs = HK$1,820. 

F90 is HK$280, so x 3 = HK$840.

Of course need to add some shipping cost but thats not expensive, the second F90 I ordered from P-Bandai they charged me HK$40 for the shipping. So say HK$40 per F90 for 3x F90 and 13x Mission Pack sets = HK$640.

TOTAL = HK$1,820 + HK$840 + HK$640 = HK$3,300

Converting that into US Dollars makes that about US$423 total

In the U.S., it will be twice that.

I got my 2 F90's and the 1st mission pack in. This is a very unusual release for a P-Bandai as it looks just like a full release with full-color box and even the fluff for the F90 in the manual.

Something tells me this was supposed to be a mainstream release after the F91 but since the f91 didn't sell ultra-well they relegated it to P-Bandia status.

I recently discovered the existence of "chip" LEDs that are pre wired from Evan's Design so I decided to give it a shot with the RG Tallgeese. The head design was simple and allowed for easy modding to fit the LED. I didn't take into account for the light bleeding through the plastic but it does give it a pretty cool "transcendence" effect that I'm alright with.  

RG TG LED.jpg

20190923_221624.jpg

7 hours ago, badboy00z said:

I recently discovered the existence of "chip" LEDs that are pre wired from Evan's Design so I decided to give it a shot with the RG Tallgeese. The head design was simple and allowed for easy modding to fit the LED. I didn't take into account for the light bleeding through the plastic but it does give it a pretty cool "transcendence" effect that I'm alright with.  

RG TG LED.jpg

20190923_221624.jpg

Great build. Looks fantastic.

9 minutes ago, Darth Mingus said:

Apparently it is based on the MG ZZ ver. Ka.  Ver. 2.0 tends to better match line art depictions of kits.  You can think of this as the spiritual version 2 of the FAZZ, like the ZZ Ver. KA was a modern take on the classic ZZ.

I'm always more inclined to ver Ka. kits and designs so an updated version sounds great!!!

Does the high-gloss plastic in HiRM kits "react" differently to common techniques? Namely panel-lining? The Wing Zero's wings are so glossy pure white, that the sculpted details are almost invisible.  But I also don't want to wreck the high-gloss finish.  Will Tamiya's panel line stuff (in the bottles) work well, or will it "eat" into the surface all over?  (I will not coat the wings beforehand, they will be lined as-is straight from the factory).   What about "pour" type Gundam markers?