On 4/25/2019 at 11:05 PM, Big s said:

I like the look of this better Han the mg. It does look like it used a lot of rg gimmicks, but they look like it was more for movement than for what if psycho frame vents. I’ll probably get one later when the do a water slide decal sheet.

DL will likely release waterslides well ahead of Bandai and their decals are great quality.  Start checking on eBay and they will begin showing up soon, usually right after release.

On 6/7/2019 at 11:58 PM, Darth Mingus said:

I don't think it is so much heat as humidity and UV that are the main concerns with topcoat.  I live in a more moderate zone so I usually don't get more than a week of two of 35 degree weather and I have never had peeling issues with topcoat, especially once the topcoat has had adequate time to cure.  The quality of the topcoat makes a big difference.  I know some modelers use the ultra thick Krylon top coats, but I would recommend the ones formulated for plastic models, like Tamiya/Gunze.  The Japanese stuff is formulated for their climate so that would probably be your best bet.

On 6/8/2019 at 6:40 PM, Big s said:

There is also a mr hobby topcoat that blocks uv light, but I just use model master lacquer dull coat most of the time. I live in California, so it can get fairly hot here in the summer but I’ve had no problems with heat and top coats.

So I should be ok as long as I go for the branded Japanese ones, whichever is available. Thanks!

32 minutes ago, lechuck said:

P-Bandai MG XM-X0 Crossbone Gundam X-0 preorder has gone up. I hope Bandai eventually considers making the XM-XX Ghost Gundam.

I am not one for the crossbone gundams, but damn this looks nice.

Edited by Saviant

Saw this on TagHobby. 'Metal Structure?'

https://www.taghobby.com/archives/376139

Sorry I put it here since the image is the 1/35(?) Nu-Gundam that they displayed back then. So not sure if this is more like a cross-breed of metal and gunpla.

ts22.thumb.jpg.0675277d876e18701cfa4cbd79f9fbd7.jpg

Edit: It was noted that Metal Structure is already a pre-built figure and not a GunPla. The rest of the post pertaining to this new line has now been posted in the proper Gundam Figure thread:

Edited by no3Ljm

Very nice Anubis!!  How do you paint your pilot figures so well?  I generally use a tooth pick, but there is no way I could replicate what you did with Lockon.  Any pointers?

3 hours ago, Saviant said:

Does anyone what gundam this kit is? 

been seeing it on the newtype banner on gundamkitscollection site and I wouldn't find find out to get the kit

new type HQ 1.png

It looks like a Tristan Gundam that somebody modded to not look like arse. 

The actual HGUC Tristan kit is a total POS that is comprised of mostly ancient NT1 Alex parts

On 6/12/2019 at 1:05 AM, Golden Arms said:

Very nice Anubis!!  How do you paint your pilot figures so well?  I generally use a tooth pick, but there is no way I could replicate what you did with Lockon.  Any pointers?

Thanks man! Usually i will airbrush one color on. In this case i airbrushed the skin color on. Then I move  on to the other colors starting with the color that will take up the most paint which was that dark blue and so on. I also use a really fine brush to draw an outline with paint for example the white and green areas on Lockon. I will then go in and fill in the color with a thicker brush. I mainly use two brushes:

this is the thicker brush https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Brush-Round-No-Mr-Hobby/dp/B002DTFCIQ 

and this one for the details https://www.amazon.com/TAM87172-Tamiya-Modeling-Brush-Pointed/dp/B00VTDYF8K 

The tamiya brush is super fine, i think it would work better for you instead of a toothpick. I used to use a toothpick myself for the little details but its much easier with a brush. For paints I use Mr Color paints. Usually a drop of paint with a drop of mr color leveling thinner would be enough to get somewhat of a smooth finish on the figure. 

2 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

This may sound weird but I sometimes prefer the heavier appearance compared to a MS getting a slender, "Katoki'd" look.  For the NT-1 2.0, I'm glad they went with the stockier look.

I've got nothing against stockier proportions, I just prefer them on more "realistic" designs. Like the Rk-92 Savage in full metal panic.

Also, gotta say, the armor placement is a bit weird, with how it doesn't guard the thighs or feet, despite the giant armor panels on the lower leg.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

I don't know any of the history of the NT-1 but is there a connection to Macross somewhere?  Some elements of its design seem to take direct cues from the VF-1 armour, especially the arm and leg attachments.  'UNT Spacy' would seem to be an obvious link of some sort.

In any case I want it now!  

Aside from Yutaka Izubuchi (the mecha designer) doing some supplemental designs for DYRL, I don't think there's any direct connection. But he's from the same era that spawned Kawamori, and I'm sure ideas were traded back and forth between the two and others. Even if not, there's only so far you can take chobham armor without things starting to look alike.

I've asked about UNT Spacy before, too, and from what I remember, "UNT Spacy" was basically superseded by "EFF"/"EFSF"/"EFGF" in the late 90s for... reasons. Probably wanted something they could more easily trademark/copyright/etc. Macross went through something similar with its "UN Spacy" changing to the "NUNS" (New UN Spacy, how very creative) name and new logo, though in that case I suspect they had additional incentive given the whole Harmony Gold Robotech mess.

10 hours ago, electric indigo said:

The frame looks somewhat squishy in these colors.

hrm_astraynoir_11.jpg

See, that's the only reason I'd buy it---but will wait until it's actually released to decide/confirmed. Violet/lavender+black=awesome scheme on any robot.  But Bandai seems to abhor true purple, even when that's the suit's color---they always switch to "purple-ish blue" at the last second, on WAY too many releases.   They'll SHOW purple, but almost never actually mold it...

5 minutes ago, MILKAUTICO said:

Try not to cry after seeing this...:(

True. And I agree.

But just an FYI, we found out that Metal Structure is already a pre-built figure and not a GunPla so it's appropriate  for this video to be posted in the Gundam Figure instead:

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

True. And I agree.

But just an FYI, we found out that Metal Structure is already a pre-built figure and not a GunPla so it's appropriate  for this video to be posted in the Gundam Figure instead:

Sorry I thought it was appropriate to put it here. If the administrator is kind enough to relocate it, I'll appreciate it

I think your post is fine and on topic. I saw that video the other day and I think you were referencing that the author of the video thought it unlikely that a PG NU Gundam would be made. That was just his opinion and not a fact. I still think there is a possibility that a NU Gundam could be made into a PG but it seems that Bandai will prioritize any mold that can be re-used as another kit with different colors and call it a day. 

32 minutes ago, MILKAUTICO said:

Sorry I thought it was appropriate to put it here. If the administrator is kind enough to relocate it, I'll appreciate it

No worries sir. You're still good. I already quoted your post in the Gundam Figure thread. :good: