8 hours ago, Duymon said:

Please PLEASE PLEASE don't have the stupid psycho-frame gimiick that the MG had. I don't want another RG Hand Grenade :D

I personally wouldn’t mind it at all. Bandai seems to have finally got a grip on The RG line. The RG Sazabi and RG Unicorn are top 5 best kits you can buy. 

To me it’s more of an issue that that gundam only had the psycho frame reinforcing the cockpit. I don’t mind things like an opening maintenance hatch , but the psycho frame gimmicks were the reason I skipped the ver ka for those mg kits.

It is interesting that they are announcing both the kit and add-on parts at the same time. Bandai usually waits to announce add-ons until the model is released, or closer to release date. I expect to see a Heavy Weapon System add-on or separate release but wonder what else they are planning if they are pushing the double fin funnels all ready. Hopefully we will see some effect parts for the fin funnels and some waterslides. 

On 4/23/2019 at 3:49 PM, Duymon said:

Please PLEASE PLEASE don't have the stupid psycho-frame gimiick that the MG had. I don't want another RG Hand Grenade :D

I happen to like the Evolve mode of the Nu Gundam and ironically find it to be a far better implementation in comparison to what the MG RX-0 does.

As for the RG Nu Gundam, it doesn't look right to me. The knees don't properly taper into the shins, the segregated lower front ankle guard looks awkward and only accentuates the "straight shin" problem. Then the feet look ugly due to a pronounced arch and heel. Then we have the abdomen and lower torso area that seems ill-proportioned compared to the waist. The added antenna sitting on the right chest is an unnecessary addition and the shoulder pauldrons have to many cuts and creases.

I like the look of this better Han the mg. It does look like it used a lot of rg gimmicks, but they look like it was more for movement than for what if psycho frame vents. I’ll probably get one later when the do a water slide decal sheet.

On 4/23/2019 at 9:49 PM, Duymon said:

I also don't want the RG to have a  psycho frame gimmick.

Although I've been wanting to build another RX-93 for a while, I skipped the MG ver. Ka, as I really don't like the psycho frame.

Opening shoulders showing the psycho frame wasn't in the Char's Counter Attack movie, so I don't want it in a kit.

Thankfully the RG seems not to have it.........yay!

2 hours ago, Graham said:

I also don't want the RG to have a  psycho frame gimmick.

Although I've been wanting to build another RX-93 for a while, I skipped the MG ver. Ka, as I really don't like the psycho frame.

Opening shoulders showing the psycho frame wasn't in the Char's Counter Attack movie, so I don't want it in a kit.

Thankfully the RG seems not to have it.........yay!

One is not forced to build and display in Evolve mode.

Sure it was not in CCA, but I would counter argue and say that the RG Nu appearance was not in the movie either.

The HGUC or dare I say the original MG make a much better case with cleaner surfaces.

6 hours ago, Big s said:

I like the look of this better Han the mg. It does look like it used a lot of rg gimmicks, but they look like it was more for movement than for what if psycho frame vents. I’ll probably get one later when the do a water slide decal sheet.

Did Bandai release a waterslide sheet for the RG Sazabi?

I don’t think a sazabi decal set for the rg is out yet, but if it’s not it’s probably gonna come out when the nu one comes out. I really wish gundam kits would come with decals like the Star Wars ones have.  With those you can choose water slides or stickers. I even have storm trooper kits with emblems that were never seen on the armor, yet gundam kits only have the stickers. And some decal sets are incomplete like on the prototype dom.

the sazabi usually hguc decals should be fine, but you will mainly get emblem decals and not the stripes. The nu may be more difficult since the shoulder is designed differently and may cause an issue, but I’m not sure. The decals for popular kits usually come out sooner, so it will probably be easier to wait or use a service to print them if you’re in a hurry.

There’s a possibility of decals coming out when the rg nu comes out. They need to release a few and the hype for the new kit may bring the sazabi and other minor sets as well. And if you don’t want a finished kit with no decals, just buy the kit later. Seriously someone needs to have a serious talk with these guys about including the damn decals. It’s the same printing method.

4 hours ago, Duymon said:

Worst case Chinese aftermarket firms are always willing to step up to the plate to get us Decals. If it weren't for them my Poor MG Jegans would still be Nekkid

They should step up too on doing more 1/60 Valkyrie waterslides. ^_^

Apparently there's something of a little brouhaha over Bluefin and GBWC USA? Anyone know what's up?

I caught ZakuAurelius's video, but his video is vague at best, so I'm guessing this is the video he's responding to??? The dislikes would seem to suggest as much.

15 hours ago, Duymon said:

Worst case Chinese aftermarket firms are always willing to step up to the plate to get us Decals. If it weren't for them my Poor MG Jegans would still be Nekkid

by any chance those are the DL model brand? How would you rate it the print and durability of the chinese aftermarket decal you used?

Edited by chyll2

I guess the complaint is that you can’t use non Bandai parts for the contest. I didn’t go through all the rules, so I don’t know if you can make your own personal parts but it sounds like you can’t use parts from other companies like wave or kotobukiya. I should also read it to see if that also includes non gundam parts like Bandai starwars or macross.

11 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I got my P-Bandai Neo Zeong (Narrative Version) in yesterday.

I had not fully comprehended the sheer size of it before this. I could use the back "skirt" as a small shield...

At first reading I read that as "I could use the back skirt as a small child" LOL

This year is definitely a great year for kits of Gundam designs I actually like:

1) The ver 1.5 MG S-Gundam / Ex-S Gundam (currently building).

2) The MG F-90 (pre-ordered).

3) The RG RX-93 Nu Gundam (will definitely buy).

15 hours ago, chyll2 said:

by any chance those are the DL model brand? How would you rate it the print and durability of the chinese aftermarket decal you used?

DL brand are actually pretty good decals. Sometimes they need trimming but I've used them on several different models like the MG FA-78-1 (non thunderbolt) and GM Sniper Custom and they just fine.

Have any other companies done decals for the hg prototype dom from origins? Bandai did a decal set for it, but they cheaped out on the stripe ones. There are no decals included for the legs. I think there is also the same problem with the waff.