On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:33 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

Also, for best results, cut the nubs off as far away from the part as possible, and support it so it doesn't sag or twist against the remaining nubs. After it's removed cut the nubs a second time, trimming them shorter.

The big nasty white marks and pitting are caused by stressing the plastic where the nub connects to the part.

For beginning Gunpla, this is probably  the most important thing.  Cut twice.  Once further away from the part, to remove part from sprue.  Then once it's removed, THEN do the "close" cut to get rid of the remaining gate-nub.  This will greatly reduce "tears" in the plastic. 

On 2/23/2019 at 6:47 PM, electric indigo said:

I loved the FZ's "walking tank" design from the beginning.

usfdDg2.jpg

I know I said my wallet sighed in relief at the MG Alex, but every time I see this picture I get the increasing urge to 'collect them all'. LOL

I'll just have to re-evaluate my finances when they come out. For now I'm not inclined to get them.

On 2/21/2019 at 1:21 PM, hachi said:

I am officially worried for my Space Leo. It's been in PHLPost purgatory hell for almost a week. :( It's not even the Christmas season why can they be so slow...

The postman finally decided to get out and work today, and delivered my Space Leo! I was in such a frustrated mood last week, but this week has seen my mood become much better! :D

And I was already set to go to the post office, complete with a printed invoice of my order haha.

I think it's more likely a R/E 100  Hygogg(great ms in my opinion) and a Kampfer 2.0 MG. If it will ever come out i think it's probably going to be toward the end of the year, if it won't then we will see each other in 10 years(2019 is the 20th anniversary of the first gundam in the pocket release. Bandai likes anniversary)

I think the kaempfer would also be an re kit. The track record for recent zeon mg kits has been disappointing. CCA had 2 of the mobile suits as mg kits and the geara doga used a mostly existing frame and the jagd doga just got the re treatment. The recent mg kits seem to be just reusing existing frames or if a new frame comes out it’s for an item that can have multiple variations using that frame.

as far as 0080 goes most of the zeon designs don’t really look they’d work with the newer frames. The amphibious suits are probably far too unique to get the mg treatment. The dom and gelgoog have a higher chance of an mg since there are other variations of those suits, but they could just be to proportionally different like the zaku.

We're definitely getting a MG Cold District eventually now that they have the frame for it from the GM Command. But it'll probably be P-Bandai.

As for the RX-77D...well, we never did get a MG Guncannon 2.0 that was compatible with the Gundam 2.0 and Guntank Core Block System, and those two came out a decade ago... ;_;

An RE/100 Kampfer wouldn't be a bad idea. I'm snapping (sometimes literally) the MG Kampfer and boy, they really made some... "interesting" engineering choices with it. Simplifying that a bit while maintaining the design's inherent quirkiness would be enough of an improvement for me.

While walking through a hall I realized the ice cream I just ate almost cost as much as a Hi-Mock Army Set. My coworker must have been amused at me berating myself and mumbling 'Hi-Mock Army Seeeeet'. :lol:

I'm too deep in the rabbit hole now, aren't I?

Ny is the one I also use. Most of the preorders stay open for a while on kits and even being the last day on a few, they’ve always come through for me. 

I think it’s been said before, but the exclusive releases have been a bit more exciting lately.