9 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

I ordered from NY but I also check Hanger Bay ebay store. Both had high shipping.

NY always overcharges for shipping, PLUS they add the domestic shipping into the shipping charges for P-Bandai items.

Not sure about hangar bay.

You can try using proxy shopping with FromJapan, or order from Gentei kits (much higher "item price", but sometimes ends up lower cost for smaller kits, like a pair of HG Leos).

That is like the 1st Dom in 1/100 in a long time O_o

Though the Dwadge being P-Bandai has me worried it's going to be using 20-yr old DOM as a base, which would be just as disappointing as the MG Heavy Gundam and Powered GM which also used ancient base-kits :0

36 minutes ago, Duymon said:

That is like the 1st Dom in 1/100 in a long time O_o

Though the Dwadge being P-Bandai has me worried it's going to be using 20-yr old DOM as a base, which would be just as disappointing as the MG Heavy Gundam and Powered GM which also used ancient base-kits :0

If you look at this page:

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2019/02/p-bandai-mg-1100-dwadge-zz-ver-release.html

It looks like there have been a couple of updates. Seems they've added some posability in the hips, thighs and shoulders. I have an old Rick Dom on my desk that has fixed ball joint hips. I really like this version better, but not enough to drop the P-Bandai $$ on it. Maybe I'll just paint mine like this one.

20190219_mg_dwadge_05.jpg

Edited by Kelsain

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

What's the difference between this and a Dom? I see some small additions here and there, but it just seems like an ace custom, not an entirely different mecha.

It's an updated Dom featured in ZZ Gundam and also in Unicorn.

You really can't tell as easily from the front but when you look at it from the back it has much more variation.

4 hours ago, Kelsain said:

If you look at this page:

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2019/02/p-bandai-mg-1100-dwadge-zz-ver-release.html

It looks like there have been a couple of updates. Seems they've added some posability in the hips, thighs and shoulders. I have an old Rick Dom on my desk that has fixed ball joint hips. I really like this version better, but not enough to drop the P-Bandai $$ on it. Maybe I'll just paint mine like this one.

WOW. that's a lot more updates than I had imagined. It's more like a DOM 1.5 at that point. Really puzzling that such an updated kit would be P-Bandai O_o

2 minutes ago, hachi said:

I am officially worried for my Space Leo. It's been in PHLPost purgatory hell for almost a week. :( It's not even the Christmas season why can they be so slow...

Sorry to hear that, sir. Since it's PHLpost, one word pops in my head. They need 'lagay':rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, hachi said:

I am officially worried for my Space Leo. It's been in PHLPost purgatory hell for almost a week. :( It's not even the Christmas season why can they be so slow...

what method of shipping did you pick? Can I know the first two letter of tracking if it is SAL? If you are in metro and you picked EMS, chances are your item is in Pasay already.

44 minutes ago, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

What are some good master grade gundams I could build, I am looking to get one.  I build a Freedom already.   Where is a good place to buy them from.

Here's my typical suggestion list. The first 3 are nice simple builds that are also nice finished pieces. The latter two are much more involved, but impressive mechanically/visually.

• MG Jesta (simple good looking build with lots of gimmicks)
  • MG RX-78 Origin (based on the 2.0 RX-78 which is much less fiddly than the 3.0, but with additional weapons and such)
  • MG Ball. Because it's the MG Ball. Also it's cheap and has great detail.
  • MG Sinanju OVA. Much more complicated build than the above, but one of the best MGs.
  • MG Sazabi Ver Ka. Absolute unit, practically a Perfect Grade kit.

Pretty much any MG kit from the last few years, excepting the Deep Striker or MG Unicorn/Banshee/Phenix, is a decent enough kit. 

1 minute ago, Mommar said:

I finally took the plunge on a few kits and I was wondering if there were any tools or tool kits you guys recommend to prep/clean up the parts

Clippers, hobby knife and I use sanding files I got at Walmart in the cosmectics department and some putty. In my opinion, you really don't need to go out and buy the expensive brand name. You can get some pretty cheap starter kits off Amazon.

I use an Olfa hobby knife and Tamiya nippers.

Make sure to buy spare blades for your hobby knife, if the blade gets dull you are far more likely to cut yourself, so switch out blades if they dull. Also the sharper the knife, the better a cut will seal back up. Pro-tip: superglue works great as an instant bandage.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

17 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Make sure to buy spare blades for your hobby knife, if the blade gets dull you are far more likely to cut yourself, so switch out blades if they dull. Also the sharper the knife, the better a cut will seal back up. Pro-tip: superglue works great as an instant bandage.

To add to this, I usually cut the piece off and sand the nubs down but this is if you plan on painting your kit. I only use my knife for fine details or if I can't sand it

Also, for best results, cut the nubs off as far away from the part as possible, and support it so it doesn't sag or twist against the remaining nubs. After it's removed cut the nubs a second time, trimming them shorter.

The big nasty white marks and pitting are caused by stressing the plastic where the nub connects to the part.

On 2/21/2019 at 1:27 PM, no3Ljm said:

Sorry to hear that, sir. Since it's PHLpost, one word pops in my head. They need 'lagay':rolleyes:

I am hoping that is not the case. The item is well under 10k pesos they don't really have a reason to ask for it.

On 2/21/2019 at 1:38 PM, chyll2 said:

what method of shipping did you pick? Can I know the first two letter of tracking if it is SAL? If you are in metro and you picked EMS, chances are your item is in Pasay already.

The shipping method was EMS. This is not the first time my stuff has been delayed but the reason lately has been insufficient documentation blah3x. Why I am doubly worried is because it is a P-Bandai item and I really, really do not want to cough up the $$$ to buy another one. What if the postman was a Gundam Wing fan???  ^_^; (Unless I suddenly become a millionaire then I'll buy the damn thing 10x lol)

5 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I second the Olfa hobby knife. I use 2 nippers, a bigger diagonal side cutter for thick runners, then a hobby nipper for smaller ones or clean up. Olfa knife I use for when the hobby nipper can't cut anymore.