16 hours ago, Boobytrap said:

Only the Ver Ka had that issue. They used a different material for the anime version which doesn't have that issue. While it is an awesome model I don't know if I would recommend it for someone trying to get back into Gundam. Having to decal/reverse wash/hand paint the gold can be a pain.

If I recall correctly the Psycho Zaku is the most recent Zeon MG. It does reuse a lot of parts from the Zaku 2 2.0 (mostly the frame) but there is still a lot of new parts and engineering as well. It's quite large with the backpack but you don't have to display it with it if you are limited on space. The weapons choices also make it a lot of fun.

I would also agree with Noel and Ignacio. You can't go wrong with any of those.

My #1 favorite though is the Sazabi. I know you said anything but that one but in my opinion it truly is one of the very best Gundam models Bandai has ever produced. Its articulation is a little limited (but not bad) however its shelf presence is undeniable. I am a little biased though as that suit in general has been at the top of my list since the day I first saw it.

The only reason I said no Sazabi is because it's probably on my list to buy, along with Nu to display together.

Appreciate the suggestions everyone! Gives me some things to take a look at. The Gelgoog 2.0 looks like a neat kit as well, so I'll probably going to look into one of those as well. The Dom is one of my favorites, but it looks like it hasn't gotten a 2.0 MG yet.

4 hours ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

The only reason I said no Sazabi is because it's probably on my list to buy, along with Nu to display together.

Appreciate the suggestions everyone! Gives me some things to take a look at. The Gelgoog 2.0 looks like a neat kit as well, so I'll probably going to look into one of those as well. The Dom is one of my favorites, but it looks like it hasn't gotten a 2.0 MG yet.

The Dom is one of my favorites too, but no, it hasn' gotten a 2.0 treatment yet.

Thinking to build an MG soon, as haven't built one in at least 5 years. Probably go for an Rx-93 as it's one of my favorite designs. Just need to decide which version.

Kinda wish there was an RG. I guess they will make one eventually a they have released an RG sazabi.

On 9/29/2018 at 4:24 AM, kajnrig said:

Anyone have any info on whether this is a 2.0 or a recolor? Maybe a reissue with parts to make either? MG 1/100 S Gundam/Ex-S Gundam

file.php?id=719028&mode=view

I'd definitely buy this re-color set, as the S and Ex-S are my all-time favorite Gundam designs.

2 hours ago, Graham said:

I'd definitely buy this re-color set, as the S and Ex-S are my all-time favorite Gundam designs.

By the by, I dunno if I eventually followed up on this post, but neither are slated for release. They were put on display to measure interest in just such a thing. They would be re-issues of the old S/Ex-S Gundam kits, molded in these specific colors, and would include the relevant revised parts created for the Deep Striker (shoulders, etc.).

I'm not sure if it would be an all-in-one kit that includes parts to build either of the two, or if Bandai would do like the originals and release each separately.

17 hours ago, kajnrig said:

By the by, I dunno if I eventually followed up on this post, but neither are slated for release. They were put on display to measure interest in just such a thing. They would be re-issues of the old S/Ex-S Gundam kits, molded in these specific colors, and would include the relevant revised parts created for the Deep Striker (shoulders, etc.).

I'm not sure if it would be an all-in-one kit that includes parts to build either of the two, or if Bandai would do like the originals and release each separately.

Yeah, you did post that before. 

I can remember building the old MG S-Gundam Kit and not being too  impressed with it.

But if they re-issue it in this colour scheme with the new shoulders and both S and EX-S parts I'll definitely give it a try again.

Definitely picking up the dynames.  I just built and painted  the 1/00 cherudim.  Hope the other season 1 Meisters won't be too far behind.  Suspect Dynames to be built off the exia frame.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Boy, they are REALLY running empty in the creative well, aren't they?

Yeah it's getting kinda bad. 

"Oh hey we found another Unicorn variant and we are going to have it fight another Sinanju variant! Oh and the remnants of the remnants of the remnants of Zeon built another Neo Zeong with their unlimited funds and resources because the first one was so effective so have fun with that."

That said I do like the colors on the Neo Zeong but I'm a sucker for prototype gray with red markings.

9 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Boy, they are REALLY running empty in the creative well, aren't they?

Gundam has been horribly derivative for a long time now. What little novelty they can still muster story-wise at least, is just... It's dumb! I mean, I could see how from the franchise's beginnings there were globalist leanings in the writing, but at least it was somewhat cohesive and you could understand the little philosophical nuggets that were thrown-in here and there. Somewhere along the way, it's as though they handed-off the franchise to a new generation who nodded politely when they were asked if they understood it, but really didn't. That became painfully evident when watching Unicorn, especially when compared to CCA. Seriously, so much of the dialogue in Unicorn makes NO sense: it's like they say things that the writers must have though would come across as profound and meaningful, but it's just gibberish! Even the slickness of the animation just looks cold and sterile compared to Zeta or even 0083.

I do like The Origin, but that's just revisiting established characters with a little bit of gap-filling.