1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It's a Master Grade, so 1/100, and it releases in November.

Premium Bandai, so only available from some retailers.

Thank you and darn it. I resided myself to stick to 1/144 scale, but this one is just too good. 

7 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Anyone have any info on whether this is a 2.0 or a recolor? Maybe a reissue with parts to make either? MG 1/100 S Gundam/Ex-S Gundam

From what I've heard it's a recolor with parts for S and Ex-S and they added in the shoulder and chest parts from the Deep Striker. It's not a confirmed release they are just showing it off to gauge interest.

• 3 weeks later...

The only problem i had with my MG jegan is the colour. We can call it a space green. It's very flat and if you don't paint it it looks pretty...impersonal. Also i found that the beam rifle is way too big compared to the main body of the MS. It might seem that there is a general lack of details but once you pannel lined it and put on some stickers(i also used the general CCA waterslide decals sheet from bandai) it gets better. Besides, it's a grunt MS right? From thirty years ago. A lack of details is understandable. I am actually starting to build the RE 100 Jagd doga. That scares me a little...

7 hours ago, Ryoma said:

The only problem i had with my MG jegan is the colour. We can call it a space green. It's very flat and if you don't paint it it looks pretty...impersonal. Also i found that the beam rifle is way too big compared to the main body of the MS. It might seem that there is a general lack of details but once you pannel lined it and put on some stickers(i also used the general CCA waterslide decals sheet from bandai) it gets better. Besides, it's a grunt MS right? From thirty years ago. A lack of details is understandable. I am actually starting to build the RE 100 Jagd doga. That scares me a little...

Totally agree on the Weirdo Green Color that the MG Jegan and like every other Sci Anime Series had or used in their 80's model kits.

It reminds me of the barf green color of the Imai / Arii 1/100 Variable Valkyries.

I was pretty salty that the Jegan follows the GM Command colony type and skipped the dry-transfers.

I also agree the beam rifle is oversized. 

Edited by Duymon

Yeah me too!!! I was so bummed there were no dry transfers! The ones in the MG Geara Doga were really nice in my opinion. Also i don't like where Bandai is going with the manipulators...no finger hands for the rifle in the last re100 releases and also with the jegan i missed the lack of fingers movements

Edited by Ryoma

I'm having the itch to get back into building Gunpla again. I'd say it's probably been a good 8 or so years since I actually built one. I kind of want to build something from Zeon as those designs have really grown on me over the years. The newer MG Sazabi seems like a potential option, but I really dig some of the Rick-Dom, Rick-Dias and Gelgoog kits. I know at least some of these are getting pretty dated at this point. Anyone have some suggestions for fun/well engineered kits from the older shows that aren't Sazabi? MG is preferable.

8 minutes ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

Anyone have some suggestions for fun/well engineered kits from the older shows that aren't Sazabi? MG is preferable.

I'm not into Gunpla these days. But for MG Zeon units, I think Marasai and Geara Doga looks great. On the other hand though, there's the RE line which technically same scale but not as intricate like MG, they do have the Jagd Doga and Nightingale from that line if you like that suits too. ;)

3 hours ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

I'm having the itch to get back into building Gunpla again. I'd say it's probably been a good 8 or so years since I actually built one. I kind of want to build something from Zeon as those designs have really grown on me over the years. The newer MG Sazabi seems like a potential option, but I really dig some of the Rick-Dom, Rick-Dias and Gelgoog kits. I know at least some of these are getting pretty dated at this point. Anyone have some suggestions for fun/well engineered kits from the older shows that aren't Sazabi? MG is preferable.

What Noel said, and I would also recommend any of the ver 2.0 MG Zakus. They have an incredible inner frame, they're very solid and very detailed.

4 hours ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

There's always the MG Sinanju, which I generally see touted as one of the best MG kits.

48 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

There's always the MG Sinanju, which I generally see touted as one of the best MG kits.

If it weren't for the main torso/waist ball joint being prone to breakage, I would agree. Mine broke after I had read about a couple of other instances where that joint turned out to be way too tight after assembly, resulting with the ball peg breaking off after an attempt to twist the waist.  Keep in mind all these breakages occurred with the pre-painted metallic, ver ka versions of the kit.  I don't know if the normal versions have the same issue.

6 hours ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

MG Kampfer!

4 minutes ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Keep in mind all these breakages occurred with the pre-painted metallic, ver ka versions of the kit.  I don't know if the normal versions have the same issue.

Only the Ver Ka had that issue. They used a different material for the anime version which doesn't have that issue. While it is an awesome model I don't know if I would recommend it for someone trying to get back into Gundam. Having to decal/reverse wash/hand paint the gold can be a pain.

If I recall correctly the Psycho Zaku is the most recent Zeon MG. It does reuse a lot of parts from the Zaku 2 2.0 (mostly the frame) but there is still a lot of new parts and engineering as well. It's quite large with the backpack but you don't have to display it with it if you are limited on space. The weapons choices also make it a lot of fun.

I would also agree with Noel and Ignacio. You can't go wrong with any of those.

My #1 favorite though is the Sazabi. I know you said anything but that one but in my opinion it truly is one of the very best Gundam models Bandai has ever produced. Its articulation is a little limited (but not bad) however its shelf presence is undeniable. I am a little biased though as that suit in general has been at the top of my list since the day I first saw it.

1 hour ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

If it weren't for the main torso/waist ball joint being prone to breakage, I would agree. Mine broke after I had read about a couple of other instances where that joint turned out to be way too tight after assembly, resulting with the ball peg breaking off after an attempt to twist the waist.  Keep in mind all these breakages occurred with the pre-painted metallic, ver ka versions of the kit.  I don't know if the normal versions have the same issue.

As @Boobytrap mentioned, the breakage is only in the older version of the kit that has an ABS frame. The OVA Sinanju MG uses a different frame material and won't have the issue. Also the original MG Sinanju can be built using the spare waist peg included in the Sinanju Stein (which is not ABS) to remedy the issue.

1 hour ago, Boobytrap said:

Only the Ver Ka had that issue. They used a different material for the anime version which doesn't have that issue.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

As @Boobytrap mentioned, the breakage is only in the older version of the kit that has an ABS frame. The OVA Sinanju MG uses a different frame material and won't have the issue. Also the original MG Sinanju can be built using the spare waist peg included in the Sinanju Stein (which is not ABS) to remedy the issue.

All good to know for the next time I decide to build another Sinanju.  It was truly disheartening to have that happen after spending so much time on all that gold trim.