On 7/13/2018 at 6:16 PM, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Could anyone share some tips on how to get a limited kit from the Gundam Base?  I'd like to try getting the new candy coated Sazabi that was released this month, but the usual retailers can't help me this time.

Is this the one you are looking for?

https://genteikits.com/kits/mg-1-100-sazabi-ver-ka-special-coating/

On 7/14/2018 at 12:33 AM, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

I dug around a few proxy services, and I found that they will help you get an item only if the item is from an ONLINE shop, which the Gundam Base unfortunately doesn't have (I think).  I haven't read up on Buyee, however.  I'll definitely look them up, and I'll keep on digging.  Thanks for your suggestions!

You're welcome. Don't lose hope though. Japanese people usually put something (everything collectible related esp exclusive) on Yahoo Japan Auction that offers those services. Though you have to search thru Buyee or FromJapan.

Gundam Base Keyword Search for Sazabi at Buyee and FromJapan:

http://buyee.jp/item/search/query/ガンダムベース サザビー

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/item/search/ガンダムベース+サザビー/

Right now, there's two available with Buy it now option for Y21500 and Y21600. Good luck! ;)

34 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

That one is kind of confusing since the picture is Sinanju and not Sazabi. ^_^ 

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

That one is kind of confusing since the picture is Sinanju and not Sazabi. ^_^ 

Yeah you're right. I saw the description and didn't even bother to look too closely at the picture. The picture is of the RG Sinanju though so I would think that the picture is wrong rather than the description. Wouldn't hurt to reach out to them to verify the listing VHD if you don't want to use a proxy. I've dealt with them a number of times and found them to be reliable. They were the first shop I used for P-Bandai Gundam items years ago before I found cheaper avenues like NY.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You're welcome. Don't lose hope though. Japanese people usually put something (everything collectible related esp exclusive) on Yahoo Japan Auction that offers those services. Though you have to search thru Buyee or FromJapan.

Yeah, the kit doesn't seem to be super rare (for now at least), it's just a pain to find one with the least markup and/or service fees tacked on.

46 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

Wouldn't hurt to reach out to them to verify the listing VHD if you don't want to use a proxy. I've dealt with them a number of times and found them to be reliable. They were the first shop I used for P-Bandai Gundam items years ago before I found cheaper avenues like NY.

Will do, thanks for heads up!

So I tried something new and ordered the Tamiya Accent Colors for panel lining. At the moment I'm building the RG Exia and applying the washes and clean them up on the runners with lacquer thinner.

Now I noticed that the Exia is cracking in many different places while assembly. Like a knee joint broke, the feet armor broke and the movable flap on the chest broke. Now my questions are:

1. Am I using the washes and the thinner wrongly and do they damage the parts
  2. Is the RG Exia prone to breakage in those areas
  3. The kit was a bit in storage so maybe the storage conditions are the reason the kit broke (plastic getting brittle due to high temperatures etc.)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Scyla said:

Am I the only one that thinks that the illustrations of Chars suites with the more maroon color look way better than the bright red the kits are usually cast in? 

I also like the royal red scheme on the Sazabi much more than a bright red scheme. The boxart nails it but the plastic is just a touch too loud.

B822-1.jpg

Considering the White Dingo... team? unit? ??? operates on Earth and uses a lot of 08MST equipment, it makes sense that they'd have 08MST weapons. What these kits REALLY need are hands with canted wrists. The one that comes with the MG Ground GM is "meant" to be used with its long range beam rifle, but it actually looks good with EVERY weapon and gives them better, more natural-looking firing poses.

If they had just included that same hand with the MG GM Sniper II, they wouldn't have had to ruin its sniper rifle, the most important part of that whole design.

Gundam NT narrative jestas are coming out. 

They look really meh. Like... ZOMG TACTICOOL NIGHT VISION GOGGLEZ.... when you could just installed another sensor inside the visor or something :p

One is basically a Jesta + Stark backpack + FA unicorn boosters [LINK]

hguc-jesta-shezarr-team-a-equipment+%252

The other is just a Jesta with the same Tacticool helmet attachment and two extra guns [LINK]

hguc-jesta-shezarr-team-b-and-c+%25281%2

Will probably skip both. Not a fan of the Tacticool attachments

To be honest, the extra sensors never made any sense to me at all.they sometimes look cool, but why not just use the extra close range sensor on the weapon or have the one in the head be more adjustable. The standard head sensors are bigger than current deep space telescopes.

For my part, I would have no problem with the additional camera/sensor/whatever if it weren't obvious the mobile suit already has those. If it had Gundam eyes, for instance. I mean, I guess the assumption is that all these mecha DO have a full complement of visual sensors regardless of "eye composition," but like... a visor always makes me feel like the mecha has a larger assortment of finer-tuned equipment, regardless of whether the "canon" indicates that's actually the case or not. A fold-down camera in front of an already complete sensor array just looks like terrible engineering.

I mean I suppose the same holds true for stuff like beam rifle "cameras" and especially sniper rifle scopes - like why wouldn't you just update the existing camera in the head, that just complicates things and adds extra points of failure - but those generally don't get played with very much in the story, and when they do (in the case of sniper rifle scopes), they also come paired with big visual signifiers. A mobile suit getting into a shooting pose, for instance.

Tag hobby’s page went down while I was checking out pictures for the hg dijeh and re 1/100 gun ez. I got to see the smaller pics, but haven’t had the chance to see the detailed ones yet. The dijeh is an absolute must buy for me. It’s probably the most unique mobile suit for Amuro.

I know they announced the RG FA unicorn and all, but the real star of the announcements is the RE-100 Gun-EZ. SO happy that Victory gundam is getting some love, though I hope they have some of the bad guys in the mix too. The Ancient 1/100 Zollida is the only bad guy they ever made afaik.

P-Bandai Gunblastor? :0

re-100-gun-ez+%25281%2529.jpg

re-100-gun-ez+%25284%2529.jpg

re-100-gun-ez+%25282%2529.jpg

re-100-gun-ez+%25283%2529.jpg