On 3/25/2018 at 8:06 AM, anime52k8 said:

Leo NPD head variants, I really like the bucket head and the Maganac style head variations.

Bucket head and Maganac are the best of the bunch, but still don't match the rest of the body like the original Leo head does.

Figures Bandai would finally find a way to cash-in on the figures market while still using their injection-molding manufacturing methods. Maybe they were inspired by Max-Factory's Minimum factory stuff and decided to crank it up to 11 :p

10 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

I very much dislike what I'm seeing here, and I can only partially explain why.

I'll be honest, I feel the same way. At the very least, though, all of Bandai Hobby's injection molding technology is finally being put to profoundly impressive use. The face on my Figure-rise Kaname is freaking AMAZING. They even got the gloss right on the eye plastics while leaving the rest flat (or well, as flat as bare plastic can be). What they did with the Figure-rise line has wowed me waaaay more than anything they ever did with MGs and RGs.

MG Jesta finished! This was the first kit ive fully painted since maybe 2010... usually it takes me years to finish a kit but this time it took me three months. Couldve done better on it but im happy with the end result and i learned a few new things when it comes to airbrushing. 

MG Jesta

MG Jesta

MG Jesta

MG Jesta

MG Jesta

MG Jesta

MG Jesta

MG Jesta

Thanks guys! This was really a test for me, I had a deadline for a contest so that's what really pushed me to finish the kit. That 1/72 VF-31J really kicked my ass and I did not want to spend another year and a half working on a kit. :lol: Next up I think i will work on a Figure-rise Kid Buu and after that one of the Wing Zero's... Im thinking the TV one since thats more my jam B))

Anubis, I like your color choice and shading, and the subtle use of decals. 

_

I really enjoyed building my first RE/100 kit. I love their interpretation of the original design, and you get a lot of plastic for your money.

26244702907_4880f3fdda_z.jpg41073090182_fe038955b2_z.jpg

Built straight from the box with minor details added. And yes, I switched the front skirts because I think it looks cooler that way.

More photos here

5 minutes ago, electric indigo said:

_

I really enjoyed building my first RE/100 kit. I love their interpretation of the original design, and you get a lot of plastic for your money.

Built straight from the box with minor details added. And yes, I switched the front skirts because I think it looks cooler that way.

More photos here

Thanks man! I was actually trying to go Katoki style on the decals but the 3rd party set didnt have much variety and i felt it was going to look weird. I also ended up stealing some from the RX-78-2 3.0 sheet that I had left over. 

The Hamma Hamma looks great! What shading technique are you using?

I grabbed a bunch of Bandai's Gundam Decals for the MG Unicorn in 1/100 and 1/144, so I can go Katoki on my kits. The recent sheet for the RG Sinanju looks promising, too.

For the Hamma, I painted the pieces with a darker color, and then highlighted the inner surfaces with the final color. It's a bit tricky to find a graduation that is noticeable, but doesn't jump you in the face. A little un-evenness in the application breaks up these huge plain surfaces nicely.

25 minutes ago, electric indigo said:

I grabbed a bunch of Bandai's Gundam Decals for the MG Unicorn in 1/100 and 1/144, so I can go Katoki on my kits. The recent sheet for the RG Sinanju looks promising, too.

For the Hamma, I painted the pieces with a darker color, and then highlighted the inner surfaces with the final color. It's a bit tricky to find a graduation that is noticeable, but doesn't jump you in the face. A little un-evenness in the application breaks up these huge plain surfaces nicely.

Thats exactly what I did :) It was the first time i tried it too. I wanted to do full on preshading but i feel like it will take me longer and ill waste more paint

1 hour ago, electric indigo said:

_

More photos here

Another superb masterpiece. Great job, @electric indigo!  :good: ^_^

It feels like a 1/1 ratio between normal releases and web exclusives these days and unfortunately the ones I really want are the exclusives.

My favorite recent one so far is the gyan krieger. Just got the seams filled and hopefully will get the paint done soon.

Bandai is doing so many P-Bandai lately.

I swear I purchased more P-bandai than I did regular stuff last year.

Just last year I nabbed the following P-Bandai kits

• MG GM Cannon North American Type
  • MG GM II Zeta
  • MG GM II Unicorn
  • MG GM Sniper White Dingo
  • MG GM Command Space-Type
  • MG TR-1 Hazel

The only new regular release kits I bought last year were...

• MG GM Sniper II
  • MG GM Sniper Custom

It's almost like MG Fed Grunts Bandai's new P-Bandai Cash Cow :/

Bandai knows they can hit up the older fans with more money for the older designs. If I was running Bandai I'd probably do he same thing. "Oh we are running out of money again? Make an HG Mudrock P-Bandai and put an updated design in whatever new build fighters series we have going on."