On 1/30/2018 at 10:18 AM, David Hingtgen said:

Even as clear colors go, Tamiya clear green is amazingly sensitive to "uneven layers", on like a microscopic level.   It pretty much has to be airbrushed, unless you're intentionally going for a "hotspot" look with slightly domed/dished pieces. 

I've had some success by thinning Testors clear green and brushing it on in as thin layers as I can. But even then, it was a mild success at best.

Oh, and in case anyone's interested, I'm getting rid of some Gunpla:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/45310-more-odds-and-ends-gundam-kits

tl;dr:

New MG Launcher/Sword Strike - $40
New MG Kampfer - $40
New MG Freedom - $35
New HGUC Xekueins - $10
Free shipping on MGs if you opt to have me preassemble them and discard the original box.

• 2 weeks later...

Question:

How much would you say is a comfortable range for domestic shipping? I had someone win two MG kit auctions, and combined shipping from the Midwest to CA for the both of them would have been

- $40 Priority Mail (with padding)
- $20 Priority Mail (w/o padding)
- $18 Parcel Select Mail
- $16 Priority Mail (w/o boxes)

The buyer claims that the shipping cost is too high, which I can understand (especially that first option, yeesh), though the more reasonable prices only add $3-7 to the ~$13 it would cost to ship either of the two individually. I totally get where the person is coming from... but they were well aware of the shipping cost of at least each individual kit before bidding.

But I'll just offer it to the next highest bidder, see if they want it. If any of you know of any lower-priced shipping options, let me know, too. These shipping prices ARE pretty steep.

On 2/5/2018 at 1:42 PM, dizman said:

Since Bandai is running out of ways to sell more bearguys it looks like they decided to cutify another amphibious MS for the new build fighters series. As long as it gets us a Corin Custom Kapool down the line I'm not really against it :p https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2018/02/hgbd-1144-momocouple-release-info.html

hgbd-momocouple%2B%25281%2529.jpg

this is so cute. :wub:

On 2/17/2018 at 2:14 PM, kajnrig said:

Question:

How much would you say is a comfortable range for domestic shipping? I had someone win two MG kit auctions, and combined shipping from the Midwest to CA for the both of them would have been

- $40 Priority Mail (with padding)
- $20 Priority Mail (w/o padding)
- $18 Parcel Select Mail
- $16 Priority Mail (w/o boxes)

The buyer claims that the shipping cost is too high, which I can understand (especially that first option, yeesh), though the more reasonable prices only add $3-7 to the ~$13 it would cost to ship either of the two individually. I totally get where the person is coming from... but they were well aware of the shipping cost of at least each individual kit before bidding.

But I'll just offer it to the next highest bidder, see if they want it. If any of you know of any lower-priced shipping options, let me know, too. These shipping prices ARE pretty steep.

Ehh that seems about right for big box shipping to California, at least when I put in shipping from my zip to 90210 for a 12x12x12 box thats what I got. I think you can buy the USPS postage through Ebay and get a discount so that might help you out.

Thanks for the input. On further reflection, I realize I should have just invoiced them the cheaper Priority option and let Ebay take care of any dispute that arises from it. They committed to purchasing it when they placed their bid, and reneging on their bid does a disservice to not only me, but anyone else who bid against them. Lesson learned for the future.

On the bright side, I have two kits to snap together whenever I need to pass the time.

From Dengeki:

ちなみに、『A.O.Z』登場MSのガンプラが続々登場予定です! フルドド、シールドブースターセットが商品化企画進行中! 続報をお待ちください!!

Hrududu and Shield Booster Set announcement soon! :good:

Man, now I have to decide if I should get back to Gunpla. :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Do it Noel!!!!

Ha! But to be honest, I've been waiting for MG incarnations of these AoZ babies for years now. But at this point I'm not so sure anymore. And it's why I skip the first Hazel MG release. Like I really appreciate Robot Damashii and Metal Builds now for me to wish for them to come out on that line too... in the future. No need for me to build and paint. :rolleyes:

But we will see, sir. We will see. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

I’m not really familiar with AoZ, so what’s the connection to Watership Down?

Ive seen the Gundam Hazel, which didn’t stand out at the time. Then the larger, extra stuff version called the Hazel Rah popped up and there was obviously something there. Now there’s a vehicle/weapon platform called a hrududu?

Does the Mecha designer really like British rabbits? Gundam naming has always been a little weird, but that seems like a strange subject to reference. Bit of a leap, you might say.

7 hours ago, Kelsain said:

I’m not really familiar with AoZ, so what’s the connection to Watership Down?

Ive seen the Gundam Hazel, which didn’t stand out at the time. Then the larger, extra stuff version called the Hazel Rah popped up and there was obviously something there. Now there’s a vehicle/weapon platform called a hrududu?

Does the Mecha designer really like British rabbits? Gundam naming has always been a little weird, but that seems like a strange subject to reference. Bit of a leap, you might say.

All the mobile suits featured in AoZ were all named after Watership Down. Maybe they were just inspired by it. Hence each unit insignia featured a stylized rabbit. It’s cool that from time to time they use existing names for inspiration such as Stamen and Orchis. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, Kelsain said:

Probably. I didn't realize they had a bunny logo too. I just spotted the Owsla and Woundwort variants on FB, as well. 

Strikes me now that my kid would probably like that book...

There's an animated series too back in the days. ;)

I thought about getting that mg f91, but I can’t stop looking at the ugly knee joint. It looks like they copied the hg version and I really hate that look for that particular joint style. To me it looks to toyish for an mg kit and I really feel that there were better options on jointing the knee and still keeping the look of the f91.

The mb version looks a lot more natural even though I don’t know if it’s correct either, it’s definitely more pleasing and I probably would have accepted it. The re vigna ghina looks like they took a complex knee and made it work though, but after reading some comments about it I’m curious if it has a trigger finger hand or any hand options.