11 hours ago, General Rasp said:

I can airbrush the paint with a smooth finish but when I add the clearcoat it has a slight texture. 

I used to have the same issue but then I just dropped my PSI down to around 20 and my clearcoats starting becoming normal. Usually I do my acryl paints at 30 PSI.

Funny enough everyone else I talk to has a different setting they use for their clear coats. It all depends on your airbrushing style.

14 hours ago, General Rasp said:

I can airbrush the paint with a smooth finish but when I add the clearcoat it has a slight texture. 

Which clearcoat you're using, matte or gloss? From what I know, matte coat usually adds or gives different finished texture due to the matte agent. 

Right now I am working with the Vallejo Mecha Color Gloss Varnish. It is a good clear coat but I need to practice with it more. I was using Testors gloss and matte finish with a couple of Future mixed in for self leveling. That worked pretty good. 

1 hour ago, General Rasp said:

Right now I am working with the Vallejo Mecha Color Gloss Varnish. It is a good clear coat but I need to practice with it more. I was using Testors gloss and matte finish with a couple of Future mixed in for self leveling. That worked pretty good. 

The Vallejo Mecha colors is what I used on the pg. I'm really liking how they work

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2017 at 7:23 PM, dizman said:

GM Sniper Custom that isn't P-Bandai!? Could it really be true?

gm-sniper-custom.JPG

Oh and RG Johnny Ridden Zaku II.... I like it but I already have the excellent HG so probably a pass for me.

rg-johnny-ridden-zaku-II%2B%25282%2529.jpg

just picked up the GM Custom last month, was over at Hobby Town 2 days ago and bagged the PG 1/60 Exia

Stealing this from another forum:

rexvmiam5ub01.jpg

Also, Full Metal Panic kits were previewed a couple months ago, can't remember if they were already shared here or not. Scale and release date have not been stated; promo materials have listed the heights at around 14cm. With the 1/60 Laevatein by Kotobukiya coming in around 15.5cm, that suggests that the Bandai kits will be roughly 1/72.

BA03.jpgba02.jpg20171211235754.jpg20171215171011.jpgm901.jpg

I put up a couple of pics of the kotobukiya kits for fmp in their figure section a while back and seeing as though they aren’t gunpla, maybe we should have a dedicated section for fmp kits seeing as though aoshima, kotobukiya and bandai are alldoing kits in some form or scale.

16 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Also, Full Metal Panic kits were previewed a couple months ago, can't remember if they were already shared here or not. Scale and release date have not been stated; promo materials have listed the heights at around 14cm. With the 1/60 Laevatein by Kotobukiya coming in around 15.5cm, that suggests that the Bandai kits will be roughly 1/72.

20171215171011.jpg

5 hours ago, Big s said:

I put up a couple of pics of the kotobukiya kits for fmp in their figure section a while back and seeing as though they aren’t gunpla, maybe we should have a dedicated section for fmp kits seeing as though aoshima, kotobukiya and bandai are alldoing kits in some form or scale.

Yup. We do have a Full Metal Panic dedicated thread. I don't think a lot of us are collecting FMP stuff. I don't. But like the MOSPEADA thread, everything can be posted from Legioss to the Ride Armors and anything in-between. I don't think we need a separate threads for figures and kit for FMP just to have a distinction. With Gundams, I understand since they have more products and have more collectors and builders. Just my 2 cents. ;) 

1 hour ago, anime52k8 said:

with cheapest shipping options that $5~$10 cheaper, thanks.

anyways, RG tallgeese: it's MG colors. <_<

rg-tallgeese-EW.jpg

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2018/01/rg-1144-tallgeese-i-ew-release-info.html

Plus, I think they made the head-crest even worse.  The MG's was "too tall and far above the face", this one's looks to be mounted even higher, on a longer "pillar".  (no idea what the term is) 

So yeah, it's pretty blech IMHO.   Screwed-up head, bland ugly colors.  (side skirts have no black contrast stripes, boosters are same color as body).  

I still think I'll get it, and I don't plan on painting it since I never paint RG's, but I really hate the colors. The boosters are the worst part for me; light gray makes no sense and I still can't get over having boosters on the backpack instead of the shoulders.

That can't be final colors, the light gray is probably just a placeholder color for black. That or they will sell the "animation accurate" colors as P-Bandai down the line. Either way I'll pass on it until RG Tallgeese 2 gets a P-Bandai.

HG 1/144 Gundam The Origin MSD Series GUNDAM FSD
April 2018 | Y2200
http://www.taghobby.com/archives/254261
b409.jpg

HGUC 1/144 Gundam Base Tokyo Unicorn Gundam (Psyco Shard)
February 2018 | Y3240
http://www.taghobby.com/archives/254057
img_gunpla28_03.jpg

img_gunpla28_04.jpg

HGUC 1/144 RX-79[G] Gundam Ground Type
April 2018 | Y1700
http://www.taghobby.com/archives/254302
b420.jpg

Links and photos from TagHobby.

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

HGUC 1/144 RX-79[G] Gundam Ground Type
April 2018 | Y1700
http://www.taghobby.com/archives/254302

Sigh... This new rendition is very much a mixed bag. I'm glad to see a new mold, but the only down and out improvement is the shield no longer having that bulky adapter for the arm. And maybe the cannon's separation of parts. It's nice that the shoulders have been fixed, but I hate the ball style joint. Most everything is only as good as or worse than the older kit. Bandai seem to have majorly regressed when it comes to their kits' hands. This and the Leo are prime examples of that.

After that damn VF-31J im back to Gunpla :) Last Gundam kit i built was the Hi-Res Barbatos in May of last year. 

Finished pre-building yesterday and back to pieces it will go this weekend. Going to repaint it since im not too fond of the Jesta color scheme. I'll also also add some details because the armor looks a little plain IMO. 

39878650852_e80124fafb_z.jpg

39878651142_b1978c8f8a_z.jpg

Edited by anubis20

7 hours ago, Sandman said:

I've finally gotten back into building my kits I bought over a decade ago. I have this rx-78 that comes with a beam saber molded in white plastic. What color paint or gundam market do you guys usually use to paint the beam part of the saber?

If handbrush paint, you can mix white with a little bit of red to make it pink. For airbrush, you can probably use clear red so it can create a translucent effect. Or if you want that has some shine, use anything silver paint first and apply a little bit of clear red on top.

I use intense/flourescent paints on opaque-molded sabers.  Trying to get a "glow" effect on those is far beyond my skills, so I just use eye-searingly bright paint.   Hot Magenta, Sublime Green, Neon Green, Flourescent Green.  Testors makes all those, they're my go-to for beam-saber paint.