Hm... Not sure if this would better belong in the Gunpla thread or the Third-party Gundam thread. It's a bit of both worlds, honestly. Anyway,

"Master Grade" 1/100 Gundam Deathscythe Hell "TV Version" by Dragon Momoko

http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2017/02/dm-1100-gundam-deathscythe-hell-tv-ver.html

- "Master Grade" because it's not an official Bandai MG kit.

- "TV Version" because... well, look at it. It doesn't have much of the original TV design in it at all.

MG-GUNDAM-DEATHSCYTHE-HELL-TV%2B%25281%2
MG-GUNDAM-DEATHSCYTHE-HELL-TV%2B%25283%2
MG-GUNDAM-DEATHSCYTHE-HELL-TV%2B%25285%2
MG-GUNDAM-DEATHSCYTHE-HELL-TV%2B%25282%2

On 2/18/2017 at 4:31 PM, kajnrig said:

- "TV Version" because... well, look at it. It doesn't have much of the original TV design in it at all.

In a way it kind of does though. It has all the design ques and specific elements that where unique to the TV version of Deathscythe hell; just really, really stylized.

if it was a metal build style figure and they did wing zero and Heavyarms kai to go with it I'd be interested.

Edited by anime52k8

Guys I need help. I bought some lacquer thinner to help with removing excess paint during the panel lining process. Now I was panel lining my Hi-Nu Gundam and I tried to thin the lacquer thinner with water so it doesn't remove all the paint from the panel lines and doesn't melt the plastic.

I wasn't sure if this would actually work so I tested it on a small area of the kit first. (Surprisingly?!?!) This process worked really well for the weapons and the model kit from head to waist. Now during the panel lining of the crotch armor my method wouldn't work any longer. No matter which mixture I used it would either not remove the paint from the panel line or melt the surface of the plastic smearing all the paint from the panel line into the surface.

Now that I'm thinking about it maybe I didn't let the paint dry long enough because I got taken away how fast I was making progress.

So what am I doing wrong? Is my whole process being flawed and I got lucky this one time getting the mixture right?

Any help is appreciated. :)

If never used lacquer thinner that way, but depending on the type of paint you panel lined with a weaker thinner can help or even alcohol. If it's lacquer paint just on plastic alcohol can work by just getting a napkin or cloth slightly damp and going over the model just be careful around clear parts.

a clarification on the process you used and types of paints would be useful for better advice.

also some lacquer thinners are very harsh on plastic, but not all.

Edited by Big s
More info

Rubbing alcohol at the store works alright. They can be cheap and come in 2 general grades. The stronger 91 percent works when the weaker grade doesn't. The weaker 70 something percent is already diluted. Also with gundam markers sometimes after drying a simple rubber eraser can work, but I would probably just try the weaker alcohol first on a test piece. Also don't over soak the kit, a little goes for a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Golden Arms said:

I think the Providence is going to be a great kit.  I bought the premium version.  I wanted the water slides and the zaft stand.

Boy, i forgot abt the premium version too...certainly agree the stand goes well with the providence details... Nice buy!

9 hours ago, seti88 said:

Cool kits to start off! No RX-78-2? ^_^

BTW I LOLed your at your interests listed...unfortunately i dont think you will find much of them here,...especially not here....:D:D

Thank you. Never liked the legs on the RX-78/ 2.

LMAO on my interest; Yeah hot for teacher(s).

Just got done with this guy over the weekend.  I decided to try out the sponge chipping teqneque, tamiya silver and black.  then some weathering pastels. And bam I have a GM that has been to hell and back. 

17360689_10212601529139497_1693906525_n_

17410406_10212601581380803_837345939_n_z

17392700_10212601579860765_891915642_n_zIMG_7609.TIF

IMG_7612.TIF

IMG_7613.TIF

Edited by hal9000

• 4 weeks later...