Battlestar Galactica Discussion IV with Blood And Chrome

I've been re-watching the show as well thanks to BBC America. More correctly, I'm only re-watching from season 2.5 on. This is actually my first time seeing the mini-series and the first season and a half.

I didn't really think about it before, but now that I've seen the series from the beginning, I've come to realize that I really, really hate Roslin!

I've been re-watching the show as well thanks to BBC America. More correctly, I'm only re-watching from season 2.5 on. This is actually my first time seeing the mini-series and the first season and a half.

I didn't really think about it before, but now that I've seen the series from the beginning, I've come to realize that I really, really hate Roslin!

Whatever for?

I wanted someone to take her out when she led that little excursion to Kobol-how dare she defy the old man! Lol, but later on I started agreeing with her views and actions...

Whatever for?

The two biggest things that bothered me about Roslin was taking Sharon and Helo's daughter away from them, and trying to rig the election.

It was pretty cruel to make Sharon and Karl believe that their daughter was dead. Granted, Adama (At least I think he was involved, but don't remember if he actually was or wasn't) and Dr Cottle are just as much to blame for going along with it.

Plus, I don't know if it's part of Mary McDonnell's acting style or not, but Roslin's facial expressions always seems so smug, escpecially when she's being questioned about her actions

The two biggest things that bothered me about Roslin was taking Sharon and Helo's daughter away from them, and trying to rig the election.

It was pretty cruel to make Sharon and Karl believe that their daughter was dead. Granted, Adama (At least I think he was involved, but don't remember if he actually was or wasn't) and Dr Cottle are just as much to blame for going along with it.

Plus, I don't know if it's part of Mary McDonnell's acting style or not, but Roslin's facial expressions always seems so smug, escpecially when she's being questioned about her actions

Mary McDonnell is on the "closer" as "Capt Raydor" I think it is more of a deadpan expresion when she acts.

Alright guys, I've been told by many people to start watching this show. Was going to read up on Wikipedia, though I'd like to dodge spoilers. Where shall I start? I see that It's pretty cheap to buy these days, so I'll go down that path.

You have to start with the original 5 part miniseries. Or else you'll spoil a lot of the surprises.

I don't think Adama knew. After Athena confronts him about it, he confronts roslin and he looked pretty damn pissed and disappointed with Roslin.

I don't think Adama knew. After Athena confronts him about it, he confronts roslin and he looked pretty damn pissed and disappointed with Roslin.

Thanks. I couldn't remember if he was part of that plan even though I had seen the episode only a few weeks ago.

Yeah, Razor was really good along with it's webisodes. The Razor webisodes give you a brief look at the first Cylon war. These webisodes have info and content that tie into the Razor movie....which, as someone said, tells the back story of the Pegasus along with a side story during the current events of the show.

Chris

Razor is included. The Plan would be a lot less annoying without a certain group of obnoxious basestar computers singing about things burning...

Even worse - the original plan (hehe) for that scene was to NOT show the destruction, just to focus on the lady/thingy babbling on and on and on...

Good to hear Razor is included. When would be the best time to watch that?

Just about everything you need is in disc order, except for the first batch of webisodes Razorsits right before season 4, and the disc is in the set in that order so you're cool.

Even worse - the original plan (hehe) for that scene was to NOT show the destruction, just to focus on the lady/thingy babbling on and on and on...

The one thing I wish they'd kept from the original series was the big bright lolipop colored robot things instead of them.

Edited by Keith