Battlestar Galactica Discussion IV with Blood And Chrome

Did some one mention Spaceballs?

Dark Helmet: What the Hell am I lookin’ at? When does this happen in the movie?

Sandurz: Now. Whatever you’re looking at now, is happening now.

Dark Helmet: Well, what happened to then?

Sandurz: We just passed it.

Dark Helmet: When?

Sandurz: Just now.

Dark Helmet: Well, go back to then.

Sandurz: We can’t.

Dark Jelmet: Why not?

Sandurz: We already passed it.

Dark Helmet: When will then be now?

Sandurz: Soon.

Quoted for greatness.

Speaking of which, if they can't get Rick Moranis then it isn't worth it. He MADE that first film.

I... cannot argue that. Everyone was good to great, but Moranis was... essential.

I'm leaning more on the side of "If Disney made all that money from that franchise, we can do the same with this one. Right?". I doubt we'll see more space operas than we have already but more nostalgia. We already got X-Files and Ghostbusters. Full House and Gilmore Girls are coming back. Why not bring back BSG? It's only been 7 years since the TV show. That's long enough, right? Let's all relive the 70s, 80s, and 90s with reboots and "reboots".

At least they're not rebooting Spider-Man again :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

So over a year after the last post here about the Moebius Raptor model kit, they are finally available and selling out quickly! 

If you can find one, grab it. Looks to be as well made as all the other BSG kits! 

IMG_6575.JPG

3 hours ago, Focslain said:

So has anyone tried the new Deadlock game yet? Looks good, especially the replay function that allows you to watch the mission like an episode of BSG.

Haven't played it yet but it does it look good. Will find some free time over the weekend to try it. B))

On 10/3/2017 at 5:45 AM, 505thAirborne said:

So over a year after the last post here about the Moebius Raptor model kit, they are finally available and selling out quickly! 

If you can find one, grab it. Looks to be as well made as all the other BSG kits! 

IMG_6575.JPG

Do these need to be painted?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2017 at 7:35 AM, hachi said:

Unfortunately I don't have the paint, drill, and patience required haha

Fingers crossed they'll make a pre-painted version like they did for the Galactica & Vipers. 

As for patience, The Lords of Kobol will guide me. :lol:

On 10/7/2017 at 2:49 PM, 505thAirborne said:

Oh yes! Paint, glue, a drill and some patience required! B))

Ah, that's not as bad as some of the GW models I've done in the past. Nice work btw.

Oh and I've logged almost a day in deadlock. If you need tips just ask cause the AI escalates rather quickly. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, hachi said:

So HLJ has an Eaglemoss Battlestar Viper II for pre-order but it seems to be more expensive. Is it really the same as this one?

Yeah, that's the same product.  Eaglemoss stuff is always more expensive in Japan.

Oh, too bad I guess. If I really wanted to I could get it from US stores cheaper then.

On 10/21/2017 at 8:05 PM, hachi said:

Is 3000toys legit? They already have a preorder: http://www.3000toys.com/Eaglemoss-Battlestar-Galactica-Viper-Mk-II/sku/EAGLEMOSSBGS01

I want the vipers but I'm not in the mood to spend. We'll see next year.

But then now I'm still not in the mood to spend haha. So Present Hachi is in agreement with Past Hachi for financial mood reasons. But damn, if there was only a Filthy Rich Hachi... I wish :lol:

• 2 years later...
On 10/3/2017 at 7:04 AM, Focslain said:

So has anyone tried the new Deadlock game yet? Looks good, especially the replay function that allows you to watch the mission like an episode of BSG.

If turn based strategy games are to your liking + you are a fan of the show..... I highly recommend it.  Be warned, if you've been out of the loop in that gaming genre, there's a bit of a learning curve.  I stuck with it and when I got the hang of things....it was a lot of fun.

On 10/25/2020 at 9:40 AM, Dax415 said:

If turn based strategy games are to your liking + you are a fan of the show..... I highly recommend it.  Be warned, if you've been out of the loop in that gaming genre, there's a bit of a learning curve.  I stuck with it and when I got the hang of things....it was a lot of fun.

I actually prefer turn-based to RTS, which is why I like Deadlock more (played a far it since I made that post) then Battlefleet Gothic Armada. 

If I can get out of No Man Sky I should take another run at the campaign with the updates they have done in the past year.

• 3 years later...