Shawn

Server Downtime April 5th till ?

FYI

I'm going to arrange to have the server re-imaged, and update us to the new IPB next week.

We'll probably have a couple days of outage during our yearly 'fix the server because xyz broke'

The outages are driving me nuts, and the hardware tests are all meeting spec.

Shawn

Hooray! Looking forward to MW running smoothly again.

As always, I wish the best of luck. I know what website troubles are like, so I hope all goes smoothly for you guys.

Major thanks for all the hard work and helping keep the flames of Macross fanned! - MT

Yikes. Going to IPB 3.x?

I haven't looked into it fully, but my understanding is that the upgrade path isn't smooth.

I suppose, if we are indeed headed to IPB 3.x from 2.x. . . I should kiss my beloved MW skin goodbye. :(

Though, I guess it had a good run. :p

Yikes. Going to IPB 3.x?

I haven't looked into it fully, but my understanding is that the upgrade path isn't smooth.

I suppose, if we are indeed headed to IPB 3.x from 2.x. . . I should kiss my beloved MW skin goodbye. :(

Though, I guess it had a good run. :p

Unfortunately, Invision has set the end-of-life for the 2.x series so we can't expect anymore patches coming. :(

And you're welcomed to come up with a new skin. :)

ouch! we went down again!

rebooted to see if can limp along until this friday, when the official rebuild is happening

hang on for a little longer

shawn

FYI

We'll be up and down this weekend for the reimage

shawn

Hurin should definitely reskin the new forums!

I can't believe Shawn and Graham have been keeping this site/forum running for what...10years now? That is incredible. Thanks a bunch Shawn for your continued efforts to maintaining what is in my opinion one of the best websites on the net. All my other favorite websites from 10 years ago have either disappeared or have changed dramatically.

Unfortunately, Invision has set the end-of-life for the 2.x series so we can't expect anymore patches coming. :(

That's not quite accurate.

Yes, End-of-life has been announced. However, security-related updates will still be released until 2011.

Security Updates

In the event an issue is discovered impacting the security of these older versions of the software, IPS will provide a patch posted in our announcements forum. We will continue to provide security updates until January 1, 2011.

Far be it from me to stand in the way of progress. But just wanted to clarify that IPB 2.x security issues will still be patched for approximately 7-8 more months.

Link

Edit: Re-reading your post, I suppose you might have already been aware of this. But it might have also given the impression that IPB 2.x is no longer being patched for security issues.

Edited by Hurin