Macross Lineart and Profile Color Scheme Art, Round II

Talos

Repost from another thread.

Since I got the 1/250 toy this morning, I decided to start something I've wanted to do for ages, draw the central fuselage of the VF-4 so I can do some of the modular weapons configurations (removed rocket boosters, gatling guns for CAS, etc). It's still rough and undetailed. I need to refine the shapes before I start putting detail work in, but you can get the idea.

vf4centralfuselage.th.jpg

anyone has schematics of the vf 0d specially of the wings and could confirm if the vf 0d of one pilot its official or is a custom?

This help any? http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/hasegawa/hasevf0d/Has_VF0D_Ins_7.jpg

By single-seater, you must mean the VF-0C. Hasegawa made a model of that a couple years ago. It never appeared in the anime, it is just them adding the single-seat model sprue in with the delta wing. They did the same thing with the VF-0B, adding the two-seat forward fuselage with the regular wing body. It was in a Bandai toy recently (1/250th scale), so who knows.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii87/desyeo03/MISC%20II/VF-0C_1-72_Delta2_VMFAT203_dec2008_.jpg

The only three VF-0s to show up in the anime are the VF-0A, VF-0D, and VF-0S.

The model kits guys made it for $, Valhary.

In the scant couple dozen of Vf-0 air frames, probably only 1 or 2 were made. if not for the canards on the engine intake nacelles of the VF-0D (stupid grebble to add to the design imho), then any of the airframes could be made into a Deltawing. The removal of the tailerons on the 0D is even dumber since, in real world terms as a example, the FA-18's tail is filled with fuel too. in a gas guzzler like the 0 series, id keep the tailerons (one less thing to have to remove during any mod between swing-wing & deltawing)...

of course im just talking out of my a$$hat. :/

In the scant couple dozen of Vf-0 air frames, probably only 1 or 2 were made. if not for the canards on the engine intake nacelles of the VF-0D (stupid grebble to add to the design imho), then any of the airframes could be made into a Deltawing. The removal of the tailerons on the 0D is even dumber since, in real world terms as a example, the FA-18's tail is filled with fuel too. in a gas guzzler like the 0 series, id keep the tailerons (one less thing to have to remove during any mod between swing-wing & deltawing)...

of course im just talking out of my a$$hat. :/

Umm, no...

While the VF-0 series has tailerons, you seem to be thinking of the vertical tail, which is sometimes filled with fuel. The taileron in the VF-0 is the trailing (rear) edge of the wing, the movable surfaces there. The VF-0C/D has larger ones then the VF-0A/S first of all. Second, the VF-0D does have vertical tail surfaces where the VF-0A/S do, just smaller and shaped differently. The delta wing is the difference, and would have room for a lot more internal fuel then the wings on the VF-0A/S. It also has enlarged ventral fins (on the bottom of the plane), and the addition of large surfaces out on the wingtips too. Much more room for fuel... The other main difference besides the forward fuselage, wing, tail, and ventral fins, is the head, which is a completely different unit.

I haven't watched Zero in a while, but I think I remember seeing 3 VF-0Ds on screen at one time.

like i said, the a$$hat was talking for a moment... anyway, that was your cue for insight, Talos. I b*tched, you corrected. (That's &^%$ing Team work!)

Edited by pensives_wetness

like i said, the a$$hat was talking for a moment... anyway, that was your cue for insight, Talos. I b*tched, you corrected. (That's &^%$ing Team work!)

It's what I do. ;)

Okay, skipping over the VF-0 debate, I have to thank Mr March for his awesome lineart, yet again, and note how self-serving I am, always doing my yellow-on-grey scheme.

Looks good, Schizo!

Did some work on the VF-11 the past couple days. Mostly cleaned up the forward fuselage and started adding detailing. I also started blocking out the changes for the VF-11D two-seater. Not the Custom Jamming Birds one yet, the regular one. I incorporated the .51m forward fuselage stretch and started shaping the two canopies. They're still very early and rough, so expect changes.

vf11d.jpg

I can not wait, Talos. VF-11's probably my favorite Valk. I drool in eager anticipation.

And, thanks for the compliment. I try :p

Wouldn't be anywhere without the work of the real artists here (You, especially), who actually make the lineart I butcher into somewhat-awesome grey and yellow thingamajigs...

Okay, I gotta branch out more. Anyone want a VF done in colors that aren't grey and yellow? Please?

• 2 weeks later...

Line art request please:

If anyone may know of or has already done the VF-4 Boosters/Possible Super parts?

All I ever found was this sketch.

I actually did those a few years ago, back during my first round of VF-4 work. It's not very good, so I plan on starting over with my new VF-4 sometime. Actually, the top, bare, plane in that sketch is the main reason I'm doing the center fuselage, since it would be visible without the default rockets and beam cannons mounted.

vf4ah.th.jpg

I actually did those a few years ago, back during my first round of VF-4 work. It's not very good, so I plan on starting over with my new VF-4 sometime. Actually, the top, bare, plane in that sketch is the main reason I'm doing the center fuselage, since it would be visible without the default rockets and beam cannons mounted.

vf4ah.th.jpg

Thanks and I look forward to seeing your new version.