Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.7

logos

Yes, the color has been revised (the Tamashii site mentioned this explicitly). I like the darker color (don't have the Tornado myself though).

Pics please. :)

I got my tornado last week and I think the white is pretty much the same, although yes the other items seem correct. I don't have a stand alone release ti compare to, just what I've seen on display in a store and pictures online. There is a lot if bitching about the vf-25 toys (some of which I agree with . . . No bending the knee with super packs?!?) but I love the look of the toy- more so than the actual anorexic design in the anime. I love the tornado valk look and I hink it looks even better with the beam cannons removed!

When will we ever have a decent VF-171 toy?? (there was the VF-17 chunky, but it's about time for an update). I am starting to think, like Graham, there is a global conspiracy against it, c'mon, look at the 1/250 collection for example...still no sign of the VF17 family? even the VF-4 has been finally materialized! Bandai: go ahead with the VF-171 Frontier version, Yamato: go ahead with the Diamond Force VF-17, now, off you go!

Heck yes I sooooooo want a vf-171 + all the anti vajra attachments! Can someone start a "pleAs bandai make a vf-171 thread?". Lol. They could so make good money. Sell the valk bare first. Then sell a gift set one with the beam cannon /mde/ armor. Heck they can even sellthe one with the big ass radar dome. Sell it at a smaller lremum than the vf-25 hero valk and you have a winner!!! Cmon!! Haha

The shorter f-117a inspired nose of the vf-17 doesn't look as nice to my eye but I would like one of those too.

Heck yes I sooooooo want a vf-171 + all the anti vajra attachments! Can someone start a "pleAs bandai make a vf-171 thread?". Lol. They could so make good money. Sell the valk bare first. Then sell a gift set one with the beam cannon /mde/ armor. Heck they can even sellthe one with the big ass radar dome. Sell it at a smaller lremum than the vf-25 hero valk and you have a winner!!! Cmon!! Haha

The shorter f-117a inspired nose of the vf-17 doesn't look as nice to my eye but I would like one of those too.

and please add a message to bandai... if they are going to made a new mold that was as nice as the 27 we would mine to lost a few bucks for it

i need alternatives too!!!!!!!

the improve neck vf 25s i already modify the laser canons of the head and i have already the parts of the landing gear but i want a solution for the neck (non revoltech parts)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YL4nyQ0lYU

Google - "Wave option parts BJ-05 OP-413" and get yourself a set and that will fix your neck problem.

here is what mine looks like with the fix

DSC06149.jpg

Edited by anubis20

Borrowed from Cyber Gundam:

post-10384-1272120451_thumb.jpg

I am happy that I didn't buy the bundle; and damn Bandai that the reactive missles are finally here.

The extra stuff on tornado pack is looking a little silly. Makes me think the VF-25 was just not a good enough machine and needs a lot of extras like the VF-171

I am happy that I didn't buy the bundle; and damn Bandai that the reactive missles are finally here.

me too! i almost picked one up when i got my VF-27 w/ poster from Sino. :rolleyes: ...it was the "SWS" marking that made me decide not to get it...

so, what's the real score w/ that "SWS" thing??? an April fools prank??? :p

and about this add-on set being another web exclusive... my gut tells me that there's a 99% chance of that being true... <_<

Figures.... They finally bring out a VF-25 DX toy that I like and they ruin it with web-exclusives I won't pay the exorbitant web prices to get it. Bah a pox on them! :lol: Those missile pods do look badass though....... :mellow:........to bad they didn't have a pic without the cannons for comparison.

Edited by logos

The stand alone Tornado Pack AND Weapons Set are both Tamashi Nations exclusives on 4/30?

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cybergundam/article?mid=46846

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cybergundam/article?mid=46844

let me get this clear... the tornado pack and the missiles are all in one package (i.e. one item)? if so , those who bought the tornado messiah bundle would be kicking themselves :wacko:

let me get this clear... the tornado pack and the missiles are all in one package (i.e. one item)? if so , those who bought the tornado messiah bundle would be kicking themselves :wacko:

Pretty much. Good thing I found out about the "SWS" defect on the Tornado Messiah before I bought one.

BTW, will the Tornado pack be offered in different colors other than the one for the 25F?

Pretty much. Good thing I found out about the "SWS" defect on the Tornado Messiah before I bought one.

BTW, will the Tornado pack be offered in different colors other than the one for the 25F?

glad i havent bought the tornado messiah then... there's still plenty of them around. i guess not many ppl were enticed to buy yet another VF-25F, even though with the correct color scheme :p

there was one pic where they fitted the tornado pack on michael's valk. doesnt look half as bad.. but yeah.... will there be other colors to it, or was alto the only one who got to use one in the movie?

dx_kyoka_712_219.jpg

for VF-25

DX Weapons Set for Tornado / Armored

2,625円

dx_tornadoparts_712_219.jpg

DX Tornado Parts for VF-25 (suitable for Ozma, Alto and Michael customs)

5,250円

2 separate Tamashii Exclusives...

to be shipped in late Aug

EDIT: added details

Edited by Shun

Wait....so the tornado parts are a different set purchase from the "DX Weapons Set"?

Well, that doesn't seem that bad. For those who just want the Weapons can get the first set and for those still without the tornado armor would get both....

Wait....so the tornado parts are a different set purchase from the "DX Weapons Set"?

Well, that doesn't seem that bad. For those who just want the Weapons can get the first set and for those still without the tornado armor would get both....

problem w/ the weapons set is, the bulk of the add-on parts are ones that attach to the tornado parts only... and then there's the reactive missiles x 4 w/ some extra pieces of plastic to attach it to the wing armor parts. go figure... :mellow:

Exactly... I'm really freaking sick of Bandai's marketing for these stupid exclusive add-ons. I mean come on... throwing in heavily requested accessories for completely unrelated valks in with a tornado add-on pack?

This is like if Yamato said they were going to make the GBP-1 stand alone armor pack a web exclusive, and then decided to throw in a strike cannon and RMS missiles for the VF-1, and make it so the only way to ever have a full strike VF-1 was to buy the exclusive armor.

The situation with Yamato for the fast packs and fold booster for the YF-19/YF-21 was bad enough, but still nowhere near as bass ackwards as this.

they keep adding things to the VF-25...while they could use their time developing a new model already! Guess the economy in Japan is so bad that a full new toy is a minefield, maybe somehow making things web-exclusive saves costs and maximises profits for bandai?

exlusive armor packs too me are a waste.

I dont mind an exlusive figure but pieces of things....not cool

I made the mistake of getting the SOC BIG O cause i thought it came with all advertised extra misslie and associated affects. It did cheapen my purchase and left a bad feeling with me that I dont buy anything I even get a wiff of exclusive as this stuff eventually will be sold on the common market if they cant sell enough of.

they keep adding things to the VF-25...while they could use their time developing a new model already! Guess the economy in Japan is so bad that a full new toy is a minefield, maybe somehow making things web-exclusive saves costs and maximises profits for bandai?

I guess these exclusives are pure profit:

1. They sell are retail cost, no middlemen so they dont have to sell at wholesale prices.

2. They only produce the pre-orders that they get. No overstock left over to have to discount.

3. Shittier packaging so they even save on that!

Thats why they keep spitting them out, that business model worked for them and now nothing can stop the web exclusive train.

Edited by anubis20

I guess these exclusives are pure profit:

1. They sell are retail cost, no middlemen so they dont have to sell at wholesale prices.

2. They only produce the pre-orders that they get. No overstock left over to have to discount.

3. Shittier packaging so they even save on that!

Thats why they keep spitting them out, that business model worked for them and now nothing can stop the web exclusive train.

There was an overstock of the Tamashii exclusive Saint Saiyan armor that they eventually dumped through Bandai Asia. Not sure what happened there...

I saw the Tornado on the Michael in one of those pics, What are the odds of a Tornado Michael pack being released?

Sort of hoping they re issue the Michael and Luca again with some of these new bolt on parts. I never picked these two up and they are pretty much discontinued now. Seems like an easy cash in for Bandai (maybe after they have pillaged peoples wallets with the web exclusives).

There was an overstock of the Tamashii exclusive Saint Saiyan armor that they eventually dumped through Bandai Asia. Not sure what happened there...

For Saint Seiya Myth Cloth, there are lots of different exclusives such as magazine mail-in exclusives (broken ver pegasus, crystal saint), event exclusives, tamashii webstore exclusives, toei webstore exclusives, campaign exclusives (Pandora, Hades Shun, Saori), Limited Quantity Exclusive (24k gold pegasus) -- 6 types, and is definitely confusing.

So far the Tamashii WebStore Exclusives had been recolors (not including the limited sales of event exclusives), except for Polaris Hilda, and so ONLY Hilda was sold via Bandai Asia. Pegasus God Cloth OCE, Andromeda God Cloth OCE, Cloth Pandora Boxes were not distributed to the shops.

And then the next upcoming "special purchase" will be Fake Sagittarius... Not sure if Bandai Asia will distribute it normally...