What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v3.0

wolfx

And to second oihan, Madoka is getting darker by the minute. So awesomez.

yup, episode 10 now gives us Homura's background, great episode. First time I see a magical girl resort to using C4 and a M249 :blink: Shaft is really doing something different in this genre.

Does Katanagatari get better after episode 1? It may be the most wordy anime I've ever seen; I felt like I was reading a book.

I thoroughly enjoyed the series, a big thanks to the folks here who recommended it. It gets better and the dialogue can be pretty fun at times. It is more of an introspective period fantasy drama than a hot blooded action samurai adventure.

Eh eh, this series looks like the latest winner of the mecha genre :) But I'll wait to have all movies under the hand to begin watching it: I hate having to wait for fansub releases... :p

On my side, I'm rewatching Geo-Armor Kishin Corps since a few days. I had watched it a few years ago and it left an average impression at this moment, but now I think I overlooked too much elements in this series and I'm seriously reconsidering my opinion on it.

In parallel, I'm onto Voltes V: 8 eps in so far and it seems really better than Combattler V – I hope the rest of the show will not disappoint these unexpected expectations...

I thoroughly enjoyed the series, a big thanks to the folks here who recommended it. It gets better and the dialogue can be pretty fun at times. It is more of an introspective period fantasy drama than a hot blooded action samurai adventure.

I think what put me off in the first episode is that we had multiple "confrontations" that involved what seemed like 5-10 minutes of mocking and banter than ended with rather unspectacular 10 second fights.

Eli Wallach has a great line in "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly": "When you have to shoot, shoot; don't talk."

I'm totally game for well written dialog and work that is heavier on conversation that action, but damn if episode 1 didn't seem like overkill in the talking department. I haven't given up on the series, though, and plan to watch atleast a few more episodes.

I was watching Madoka recently after reading about it's mind-busting plot. Sadly it looks like the show's broadcast has been canceled.

Delayed....dude. Not cancelled. No need for panic.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-03-16/this-week-madoka-magica-not-aired-in-self-restraint

Marathoning Shiki. Pretty creepy. Its sorta like Higurashi and takes place in some rural town. An eccentric family moves into town one day, then people start dying seemingly of an epidemic....or is it? :ph34r:

Finished Voltes V yesterday: it was more sophisticated than Combattler plot wise but as much empty in term of ideas; overally, a good surprise though...

Just watched "Tokyo Godfathers" last night, although not a series nor scifi, nor action, it is one of the best bits of Anime I have ever seen. Well drawn characters (visually and in terms of characterization) along with an good story, and darned funny as well. For any who don't know it is the story of 3 homeless people that find a baby on Christmas Eve and the proceed to find it's mother - they each get a nice bit of backstory on how the three of them became homeless along the way.

Watching Broken Blade. Excellent action so far. The mecha they pilot reminds me of the Arm Slaves in Full Metal Panic. The fighting action is similar too. The Black Golem mecha that Rygart pilots is like Sosuke's Arbalest ARX-7 but with a Gundam Unicorn head.

Watched Tailenders. It was too short to me. But very entertaining.

Just saw it a few days ago as well. I didn't mind the length and I agree that it was entertaining. I also recently watched Trava, which has a somewhat similar style, but isn't nearly as good (but not terrible either).

Heh. Just keep watching, man. I don't know where you are in the series, but whichever episode you just watched...it's gonna get darker in a few more.

Finished it yesterday: too bad they don't produce animes like this nowaday any more – this makes me understand better why people complain about the quality of today's shows.

I strongly recommend this series to anyone around: you'll never look at super robots in the same way again...

Finished it yesterday: too bad they don't produce animes like this nowaday any more – this makes me understand better why people complain about the quality of today's shows.

I strongly recommend this series to anyone around: you'll never look at super robots in the same way again...

I like to imagine what kind of uproar/controversy Zambot 3 could cause if it were aired today in a kid's timeslot or channel.

Edited by Vifam7

Zambot 3 was a little twisted but I was a little let down considering the "internets" told me how horrific it was so I went in expecting a typical Tomino show like Dunbine, Z gundam etc and just got a generic Super robot show that became really messed up the last few episodes! Worth watching if just for the baloon scene. :D

Right now I'm watching all of Ideon another tomino classic that like MSG started the "Real" robot franshise although the title mech itself is by far the most overpowered mech ever. As for the the show it started of slow and boring but after the half way point its gotten much better.

Starblazers on TV again!? Awesome.

Edited by bob joe mac

too many animes to get on top off lol,ive jsut been watching Naruto Shippuden each week.

any other recommendations for some recent/new Samurai or Mecha animes that have good stories and meaningful/lengthy action scenes?

Do not watch Fighting Fantasy Girl Rescue Me! Mave-chan. One of the worst things I've ever seen.

Isn't that the Yukikaze-girl thing? Do elaborate on how mcuh it sucks cuz i was planning to get to watching it....

Cyber formula meets Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Tailenders. A short 30 minute movie about racers racing on a planet that goes through enviromental changes. Full of Gar.

I wanna watch Redline. :p

A bunch of eps into Daitarn 3: very different than Zambot 3 – some sort of humoristic show actually...

Just getting back into anime again. Seems to be a seasonal thing for me. First it's Star Wars, then GI JOE, then back to Anime again. :blink:

Well, I thought I'd give Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood a try . . . . . Man, I'm hooked! Ended up getting some of the Medicom figures as well.

ANIME_103.jpg

ANIME_104.jpgANIME_105.jpg

ANIME_106.jpgANIME_107.jpg

Can't wait to pick up Part 5 B))

As hard as the first series failed in its ending, Brotherhood succeeds brilliantly at giving us a DBZ length epic battle that's 100% engrossing through every episode of it.

And thus Star Driver finishes....in one of those "awesome series but ends on a rush and sputter" finale. Annoyed by random unexplained endings in anime. :(

Isn't that the Yukikaze-girl thing? Do elaborate on how mcuh it sucks cuz i was planning to get to watching it....

Its worth watching once but it still crap.

It wasn't anywhere near "that" bad.

What makes it bad is when one of the English VA's doesn't even remember acting in it. And make it worse there are a bunch of big name va's in it. And you wonder why are they in this?

My theory mortgage was due.

Cyber formula meets Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Tailenders. A short 30 minute movie about racers racing on a planet that goes through enviromental changes. Full of Gar.

I wanna watch Redline. :p

I wanted to see more of tailenders. it was too short. maybe another 10 min.

I do think he planted the marker tho.

And thus Star Driver finishes....in one of those "awesome series but ends on a rush and sputter" finale. Annoyed by random unexplained endings in anime. :(

knowing the trend lately i'd say expect an ova or extra episode.

and yea it did feel like not much was explained.

do wish i could find the soundtrack(s)

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

What makes it bad is when one of the English VA's doesn't even remember acting in it. And make it worse there are a bunch of big name va's in it. And you wonder why are they in this?

My theory mortgage was due.

Protip: Dubs suck, who cares what VA's remember being in what. You don't know suck until you've seen E.Y.E.S. of Mars