What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v3.0

wolfx

Just finished episodes 11 and 12 of Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Shaft got themselves a winner, this show will be one of the classics. Solid plot, great characters and perfectly paced. The finale is in the finest traditions of the word epic.

Madoka's battle across space time and aftermath remind me somewhat of both Evangelions and Ideons ending just more hopefull. Nice twist was Homura actually being the source of Madoka's power as she made Madokas fate worse with every time loop thereby increasing her potential as a Magical Girl.

The postponed episodes were worth the wait, they look more polished. The anime is a definite must-buy for me. Miyamoto, Shinbo and Urobuchi outdid themselves.

Mnemosyne is pretty good. But gruesome in some scenes, like Elfen Lied style, with dismemberment. I wish the story was explained a bit better in some portions.

There is a spine tingling chill to these epic words from the Madoka finale:

Mahou%20Shoujo%20Madoka%20Magica%20-%2012%20-%20Large%2041.jpg

The best series for the winter season. Definitely the best genre "reinvention" ever. I'm curious about one thing...

Is Walpurgis Night the future witch form of Homura? I noticed the giant gears theme which looked a like the gears that click when the latter stops time. It'd be a rather interesting but cruel time paradox :p .

Just finished episodes 11 and 12 of Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Shaft got themselves a winner, this show will be one of the classics. Solid plot, great characters and perfectly paced. The finale is in the finest traditions of the word epic.

Madoka's battle across space time and aftermath remind me somewhat of both Evangelions and Ideons ending just more hopefull. Nice twist was Homura actually being the source of Madoka's power as she made Madokas fate worse with every time loop thereby increasing her potential as a Magical Girl.

The postponed episodes were worth the wait, they look more polished. The anime is a definite must-buy for me. Miyamoto, Shinbo and Urobuchi outdid themselves.

Oh yes! Super epic finale. Not very unexpected but nicely done epilogue. I wonder how incubators collect energy now though. :/

There is a spine tingling chill to these epic words from the Madoka finale:

Mahou%20Shoujo%20Madoka%20Magica%20-%2012%20-%20Large%2041.jpg

The best series for the winter season. Definitely the best genre "reinvention" ever. I'm curious about one thing...

Is Walpurgis Night the future witch form of Homura? I noticed the giant gears theme which looked a like the gears that click when the latter stops time. It'd be a rather interesting but cruel time paradox :p .

It may or may not be....since Walpurgis doesn't seem to have a host mahou shoujo to materialise from.

Seems very likely but I don't think it was confirmed in the show, would have to rewatch it.

Homura was never able to beat Walpurgis night whatever she learned and the patterns of their powers are quite similar. If Walpurigis night is the future version of Homura it could just remember whatever Homura has learned and anticipate it. Also Homuras powers change after Madoka rewrites the rules of the universe.

Oh yes! Super epic finale. Not very unexpected but nicely done epilogue. I wonder how incubators collect energy now though. :/

Now the puella magi no longer can be corrupted, the negative emotions/curses take on the form of demons. The remains of those demons can be fed to QB and his kind to sustain them in the changed universe

Now watching Banner of the Stars. Great sci fi anime, but I as some of you guys mentioned, Crest is slightly better.

It seems that they're repeating all over again the relationship building between Jinto and Lafiel.

Nevertheless all the battles and intrigue are awesome. Reminds me of LOGH.

Watched the fist ep of Deadman Wonderland yesterday: it could have potential but was far much over the top to be able to suspend disbelief... Though, it is intriguing, so I may change my mind varying with the opinions I'll hear.

I just finished Macross 7 last night. It was my first time watching it. I have my problems with it, but it was enjoyable overall I guess. The first 15 or so episodes are just TOO repetative. After that it got better. I liked Basara, Ray, and Veffidas, Gamlin, Max and Miria of course, Mylene and her little fuzzball are just annoying as hell. I didn't care for the giant protodevilyn's at the end, epecially the two that had that wierd laugh thing going on. I need better bad guys than that. Breetai for example.... Anyway's mucho thanks to JasonC for the discs... only wish I could get some Fire Bomber on my iPod for driving in my car! BOMMBBAAA!!!!! :lol:

I just finished Macross 7 last night. It was my first time watching it. I have my problems with it, but it was enjoyable overall I guess. The first 15 or so episodes are just TOO repetative. After that it got better. I liked Basara, Ray, and Veffidas, Gamlin, Max and Miria of course, Mylene and her little fuzzball are just annoying as hell. I didn't care for the giant protodevilyn's at the end, epecially the two that had that wierd laugh thing going on. I need better bad guys than that. Breetai for example.... Anyway's mucho thanks to JasonC for the discs... only wish I could get some Fire Bomber on my iPod for driving in my car! BOMMBBAAA!!!!! :lol:

Albums are still readily available. Import, rip to your hard drive, pofit.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica was awesome, I put it up there with my top 10 anime of all time (includes, Gunbuster, Berserk, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, etc…)

I have a question

Now that Madoka changed the rules and there are still Magical girls fighting Demons now, how are the incubators make their deal/pack with the girls?

I loved the concept of trading your soul for a wish….but now after Madoka, it feels like the girls will get a free wish because if their soul gem ever gets corrupted, Madoka will take it away and they become human again.

Edited by Gunbuster

:angry::angry::angry:

Right back atcha, dude.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica was awesome, I put it up there with my top 10 anime of all time (includes, Gunbuster, Berserk, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, etc…)

I have a question

Now that Madoka changed the rules and there are still Magical girls fighting Demons now, how are the incubators make their deal/pack with the girls?

I loved the concept of trading your soul for a wish….but now after Madoka, it feels like the girls will get a free wish because if their soul gem ever gets corrupted, Madoka will take it away and they become human again.

That isn't really explained totally.

You have to remember: She rewrote the universe entirely, witches do not and did not ever exist because she keeps it from happening.

The demons replace the witches. Those little chips apparently replace the grief seeds in a general way.

Also, if their gems get corrupted they still die. Sayaka in the new, Madoka-is-a-fundamental-force, universe still died trhough over-use of her powers. That was the scene at the violinist's recital. Madoka just prevents the witch/despair end.

Edited by Rbstr

<!--quoteo(post=842095:date=Apr 1 2010, 07:27 PM:name=wolfx)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wolfx @ Apr 1 2010, 07:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=842095"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Harlock 3D CG movie poster.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Cool!

I can't believe they're making this!

Me neither. Even if its bad it will be good.

:lol:

I actually found Mylene and the furbie to be ok, it was the whole indoctrinating children into weakness and gender-neutralism that I had a problem with.

(for the record, I have never made this statement before. Some similar statements, but never this one therefore I am offering something new to the discussion of Macross 7)

Been watching Star Blazers on SciFi (SyFy...), I'm amazed at how well it holds up. The broadcast quality is decent and the animation itself is better then I remember. (I love the show itself, but I suspected the animation would look more dated then it actually does)

Finally have a break from school so decided to check out the first two episodes of Puella Magi Madoka Magica and I'm really liking the show so far. I'm looking forward to what the rest of the series will bring. Also checked out the first two episodes of X-Men......I don't think I'll be watching anymore of it.

Mnemosyne is pretty good. But gruesome in some scenes, like Elfen Lied style, with dismemberment. I wish the story was explained a bit better in some portions.

I'm sorry if I can't agree with that.

You have all these great strong female characters, with a great highlanderish plot that ends with a trainwreck and all the women get turned into whores in heat when the angels show up. Not to mention the emo hermie.

That isn't really explained totally.

You have to remember: She rewrote the universe entirely, witches do not and did not ever exist because she keeps it from happening.

The demons replace the witches. Those little chips apparently replace the grief seeds in a general way.

Also, if their gems get corrupted they still die. Sayaka in the new, Madoka-is-a-fundamental-force, universe still died trhough over-use of her powers. That was the scene at the violinist's recital. Madoka just prevents the witch/despair end.

Yeah....

They still die but the power of equivalent despair (for the happiness a wish brings) still must go somewhere hence the demons. Madoka definately thought of wishing that the incubators don't exist or something that won't bother humanity, but QB mentions that without them, humanity would probably still live in caves. Hence the wish that the magical girls will get "saved" from being witches. The power harvested from those chips probably pale in comparison from the energy from grief seeds.

finished Queen's blade. I am now desensitized to bewbies. :o The plot was decent for what it was, and I kinda liked how each character had their own motives and acted on them instead of kissing the main characters butt.

hmmm now I have to decide what to watch next from my stash of dvd's I bought at the con.

pumpkin scissors

kampfer

coyote ragtime show

Gits 2nd gig

rumbling hearts

papillion rose

starship operators

battle skippers

jinki: extend

doggy poo

Cobra The Animation is the one I am talking about... I don't think that's from 2010, though. It's older, probably from 2007 or 2008, I have to check. I remember I first saw it advertised in my favourite record shop in Kyoto, and that closed down two or three years ago.

Anyway, I found the first episode quite lacking and I didn't like the CG at all. I watched a little of episode 2 today, however, and it was OK.

But yeah, the old TV show is the best by far.

So Renato - if this gets made do you think you will see it? ;-)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=77026

I just filled my day with boobies as well. Starting with Queens Blade OVA 6 and then Highschool of The Dead OVA.

Queens Blade was good, at least it has a plot. Also, Tomoe has something major happened to her in the end (although I'm sure she will be cured the next time we saw her). And Aldra as nun, 'nuff said ^_^ .

As for HOTD OVA...it's (literally) brainless beach episode. I'm glad I read about the OVA being swimsuit fest somewhere before I got to watch it, so I didn't expect much. But those who want more zombie spanking will be disappointed.

I got the first Evangelion rebuild movie yesterday, my first anime on blu- ray! I'll probably watch it later on today. I'm expecting a few changes between it and the tv series. Does anyone know if Project A-Ko is still going to be re released on dvd? I missed out on it the first time.

Been going to a film festival this past week and had the good fortune to catch 2 great anime films, Redline and King of Thorn. Watching anime on a big screen always adds that little bit extra to the experience.

Redline in particular was absolutely, mind-bogglingly awesome. A very simple story, but the visuals, character designs and animation were extraordinary and the tempo of the film, relentless. It was a bit like Heavy Metal meets "Death Race meets Gurren Laggann with a bit of Cowboy Bebop and Tarantino added for good measure. I'm so buying the bluray when it comes out.

Yeah....

They still die but the power of equivalent despair (for the happiness a wish brings) still must go somewhere hence the demons. Madoka definately thought of wishing that the incubators don't exist or something that won't bother humanity, but QB mentions that without them, humanity would probably still live in caves. Hence the wish that the magical girls will get "saved" from being witches. The power harvested from those chips probably pale in comparison from the energy from grief seeds.

QB actually makes the comment that it would be more efficient if things worked the old way when Homura is talking to him about it.

So Renato - if this gets made do you think you will see it? ;-)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=77026

Wow. Yeah, I'll definitely want to check that out. Cobra would transfer well to live-action, no problem, as long as they keep the humour!! I can't stress this enough. This was something which made Cowboy Bebop and Lupin III work, too. The guy has a gun for an arm, for god's sake -- playing it straight and serious is a huge mistake. We need to see a wise-crackin' Cobra making a cool entrance, then falling on his ass every so often.

Been going to a film festival this past week and had the good fortune to catch 2 great anime films, Redline and King of Thorn. Watching anime on a big screen always adds that little bit extra to the experience.

Redline in particular was absolutely, mind-bogglingly awesome. A very simple story, but the visuals, character designs and animation were extraordinary and the tempo of the film, relentless. It was a bit like Heavy Metal meets "Death Race meets Gurren Laggann with a bit of Cowboy Bebop and Tarantino added for good measure. I'm so buying the bluray when it comes out.

As I said in the thread I made a thread on it ages ago, it's a wonder Redline ever even got made, with production issues for over seven years delaying the release. Now the problem is that "soft" manufacturers (DVD/BR media producers) have long pulled out of the production committee, so who knows when we will ever see a DVD release of it. Well, I'm sure it will happen eventually, but I can tell you it certainly is not on top of anyone's agenda right now (or at least, until a couple of months ago that was the situation, not sure if things have changed since).

In fact the only merchandising released from Redline was a 4000 yen book with storyboards and stuff, which I think was from Kadokawa.

OK, IGNORE ALL THAT CRAP. I AM AN IDIOT THAT CANNOT KEEP UP TO DATE. Looks like they pulled their act together and I can happily inform you that REDLINE the BluRay and DVD will be arriving on the 10th of Augut 2011!

And here's the news you've all (three of you?) been waiting for: English subtitles are included in the Japanese release, for the wean!

No CGI, no moe, just kickass 2D 80s OVA style bizarreness. Any complaints? NO. :p

In M7 threads I used to read about anime with tentacle sex (which somehow relates to m7 I guess). Can someone recommend a show or movie that has tentacle sex? I don't know what it is aside from the obvious and it sounds hilarious.

OK. So, in the space of three days you went from:

it was the whole indoctrinating children into weakness and gender-neutralism that I had a problem with.

To:

Can someone recommend a show or movie that has tentacle sex?

Yep. I can't really recommend any tentacle sex cartoon that I can guarantee won't have you later complaining that it's disrespectful to women, or teaches geeks to be rapists, etc.

The entire online community knows full well how Macross 7 struck a chord with you that has lasted a decade and is still going strong, god knows what unworldly wrath you will unleash on the net for the next 10 years should you ever catch a glimpse of any other cartoon you may find offensive.

EDIT -- Just to be sure, I am writing this with sarcasm/humour, but the fear I have of having to bear another decade of Justice AgentONE's human-rights-championing rants is real! :p

Edited by Renato

OK. So, in the space of three days you went from:

To:

Yep. I can't really recommend any tentacle sex cartoon that I can guarantee won't have you later complaining that it's disrespectful to women, or teaches geeks to be rapists, etc.

The entire online community knows full well how Macross 7 struck a chord with you that has lasted a decade and is still going strong, god knows what unworldly wrath you will unleash on the net for the next 10 years should you ever catch a glimpse of any other cartoon you may find offensive.

EDIT -- Just to be sure, I am writing this with sarcasm/humour, but the fear I have of having to bear another decade of Justice AgentONE's human-rights-championing rants is real! :p

HAHA, Dude I was seriously curious. And this is Macross World, which gives me the right to state my case about Macross 7, its not "tentacle sex world."

If I find Tentacle sex to be offensive, I would save all of my negative comments for “tentacle sex world”

True. Well, to be sure, no tentacle series is ever going to be any good, but I think whenever people mention "tentacle sex anime", it all started with "Urotsukidoji" and "La Blue Girl", both long-running video series. Knock yourself ou... no, actually, please don't. :ph34r: