What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v3.0

wolfx

Last year its all about Mac F, & UG Gundams marathon for me.

Early this year .... well, I pulled a K-ON .... & suddenly its all Nodame Cantabille stuffs .... I dunno, slice of lice genre anime been hitting me like tons of bricks this year.

Owhh, for the past two months, I got all Hojo Tsukasa's fever. Only previously watched Angel Heart on a marathon, then going all City Hunter madness ..... and yes, now hooked up on Cat's Eyes.

Safe to say, it costs me a lotta money on this latest craze.

Poor Rei ;_; ... now that Takashi must "take responsibility" for "his actions."

Sometimes I forget that this show about zombies....

I think I have to watch another version of that ep. The one that I saw/read seemed very literal and I didn't get that (above) from their interaction.

It was more like, "Komuro, you'll stay true to your word?" or something like that; which I didn't quite understand.

Also thinking of checking out k-on soon but I have to get through planetes first.

Finished watching Bubblegum Crisis (1987 version). It has pretty impressive artwork, almost Macross DYRL quality to it. And Priss's Red Motoslave is almost like Houquet de Rose's(Rook Bartley's)Armor Cycle(Cyclone).

Just finished Gurren Lagann. Very nice. I sure hope the climax took place in

the anti-spiral's pocket universe and not the real one. That was ridiculous.

Although part of me wonders what the final confrontation would have looked like factoring the speed of light. Dork...

Altogether, very fun, and I can't get "Row, row, fight the power!" out of my head.

Edited by Kelsain

Just finished Gurren Lagann. Very nice. I sure hope the climax took place in

the anti-spiral's pocket universe and not the real one. That was ridiculous.

Although part of me wonders what the final confrontation would have looked like factoring the speed of light. Dork...

Altogether, very fun, and I can't get "Row, row, fight the power!" out of my head.

Did you watch past the credts?

Started watching Shangri-la

I love the opening tune. Its a little weird but then again anything gonzo puts out is a little weird

So this year seems to be a good year in anime again

Zegapain

Shangri-la

Break Blade

and Blade of the Immortal

Began watching Lucky Star the day before yesterday: the first episode was a bit heavy but the second one was funnier; I think I'll go slowly with this one...

Got a couple of old dvd's and vhs's from my bro, (including Maison Ikkoku, KOR and the original Gundam 79), so I'm gonna go old school the next couple of weeks. Think I'm starting with Gundam 0079. Saw it so, so long ago that all I can remember was Char Aznable being really cool.

Began watching Lucky Star the day before yesterday: the first episode was a bit heavy but the second one was funnier; I think I'll go slowly with this one...

It's like Seinfeld with Japanese school girls, can't go wrong with that :D

You're kidding... they did a second season??? Why, for cryin' out loud???

For two groups of people: the ones who are really into moe, and the ones with a pantsu fetish. ;):p

You need to belong to one of those groups or be huge into world war 2 trivia to enjoy watching Strike Witches.

Since the director died recently I'm watching the live action version of Perfect Blue. I think I like the anime better.

Edited by BlackRose

For two groups of people: the ones who are really into moe, and the ones with a pantsu fetish. ;):p

You need to belong to one of those groups or be huge into world war 2 trivia to enjoy watching Strike Witches.

Well, I guess I'm a three-strikes-you're-out bust... I'm not a real fan of pantsu, nor of moe, and my study of WW2 is not limited to the trivial...

Thanks, though, for the explanation! :D

Finished watching Baccano! (including the 3ep OAV), and I found it one of the best i've seen in a while. Amazing show. I can't remember the last time I LOLd so hard

("Kyaaa! You killed Isaac!")

. It's brilliant the way they set up the separate storylines from all those different perspectives, and to see them all mesh so well by the end. (always fun to watch an episode, and finally realize... so THAT'S what happened 5 episodes ago!) Sheesh, I can't even figure out my favorite character. Of course, Isaac and Miria are almost always on top of that list, but then again, there's Jacuzzi, Rail Tracer, Firo and countless others to consider.

It's amazing how much I liked Isaac and Miria. Normally, I would find characters like that annoying, but I think they were just too over-the-top that they just came out so freakin likeable and hilarious.

i'm definitely watching this again. :)

I'm working my way through Patlabor (again). Started with the OVA & Movies and am now about 1/2 way through the TV series. No matter how many times I watch this show (quite a few) it never grows old :)

Just luv old skool, artistic errors and all :D

I'm working my way through Patlabor (again). Started with the OVA & Movies and am now about 1/2 way through the TV series. No matter how many times I watch this show (quite a few) it never grows old :)

Just luv old skool, artistic errors and all :D

Patlabor is plain marvellous. It has the perfect balance between mecha action, humour and even slice of life going on. And Captain Gotoh is one of the most wonderfully kickass yet understated characters in anime.

Don't forget to check out "Patlabor; The New Files" after you're done with the tv series.

Hubby is slowing going through FMA and Tsubasa at the same time. Me - I'm slowing working my way through Dairugger XV while I wait forever for Media Blasters to get their act together to release the final set of discs on Volume 3. Still have to finish Southern Cross in the original Japanese, although I wish that and Mospeada had been able to have been dubbed in English as well.

Mobile Suit Gundam may only be 3 years older than Macross, but it the character and mecha designs make it feel older than that. Still a classic though. I had forgotten how Amuro Ray really was the blueprint for "just slightly annoying angst ridden teenage pilot".

Finished watching Bakemonogatari(Ghost/Monster Stories). Pretty enjoyable series with a familiar anime voice.

The main character, Koyomi Araragi, is voiced by the same Japanese voice actor who did Tieria Arde(Gundam 00) and Michael Blanc (Macross Frontier).

I was waiting for Araragi-kun to yell "Alto!"

Still have to finish Southern Cross in the original Japanese, although I wish that and Mospeada had been able to have been dubbed in English as well.

Considering the usual quality of ADV's handiwork... haven't Southern Cross and Mospeada suffered enough?:lol:

Eh... out of sheer, bloody-minded boredom, I've gotten back to watching Queen's Blade while I sit and wait for a service pack to finish installing on one of my other computers.

Hubby is slowing going through FMA and Tsubasa at the same time. Me - I'm slowing working my way through Dairugger XV while I wait forever for Media Blasters to get their act together to release the final set of discs on Volume 3. Still have to finish Southern Cross in the original Japanese, although I wish that and Mospeada had been able to have been dubbed in English as well.

I've seen DVD copies of both Genisis Climber Mospeada and Southern Cross at Best Buy.

I've seen DVD copies of both Genisis Climber Mospeada and Southern Cross at Best Buy.

But have you seen attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion? Watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate? All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain. Time to die.

Edited by Keith

But have you seen attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion? Watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate? All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain. Time to die.

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life; my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

(I don't care what anyone says, I love Harrison Ford's original voice-over)

Edited by anime52k8

Your quote in this context has will have me laughing for the rest of the week:D