LOST

Hurin, I'm trying to see if I'm understanding you. What you're saying is that you would like it if they all gathered in the church, enjoyed their moment of realization, and then as they exited the church their consciousnesses from the island depart for the afterlife leaving their physical bodies which then go back to who they were before their "reawakening"? That would address my questions earlier of what the world would think happened in that church if that world continues to go on (so that Ben could be with Alex and David with redhead). It creates lots of new issues on its own though and brings back the problems of Miles' ageless father not to mention how Christian would play into that.

One strike, I would think, against the nuke creating the alt timeline is the number of people who would be dead in the alt timeline. A second strike I would think is the depiction of the island as sunk which seems much more akin to what was happening at the end of the show rather than a big explosion (although a nuke could have blasted that secret heart up and caused the same effect I suppose).

Moving on: When Christian popped up, I thought it would be a funny twist if it was really MIB and it was kind of a sweet he got off the island but in such a way as to not cause a catastrophe since he was now just an ordinary soul and not some monster stuck in between realms.

Desmond's plot line doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me right now. On the island he seemed aware of what was happening in the alt-time line... but if the alt time line is the hereafter that's pretty quirky... then again what he was saying did have that ring of "it's alright, we're all gonna be in heaven soon." OMG, Desmond is a Cylon!

Edited by jenius

Christian appearing isn't really a problem. Since he did that even in the accepted "real" timeline (he appears to Jack in the hospital). Unless you want to dimiss that as Jack being drug addled (though we haven't done that with anything else and it would seem that, well, spirits do appear). So, I don't feel like we need to explain Christian in the church any more than we needed to explain him as he appears to Jack other times.

I'm really not concerned with the age of Mile's father. Maybe he's just got good genes! Or maybe the writers forgot to put him in makeup.

All I'm saying is that there's ample reason to believe that the alt timeline is no less "real" or more spiritual than anything else.

And, again, I think that's the direction they were headed before they come up with the idea of the "church scene" at the end to give the ending and Jack's death real emotional oomph. Otherwise, you'd be watching Jack die and thinking: "Meh, it doesn't really matter, he's obviously going to be okay in the other timeline and be with Kate."

I can't really figure out who should be dead in the alt timeline if the nuke caused it. Most were being evacuated. And "our heroes" jumped as a result "back to the future." I can't think of anyone alive in the alt timeline that would have been killed by the nuke. But then again, I'm trying not to think about this too much. :p

As for the island sinking. . . I'm willing to believe that if pulling a stone plug out of the ground can sink it, setting off a nuke next to the same power source would do the same.

Moving on: When Christian popped up, I thought it would be a funny twist if it was really MIB and it was kind of a sweet he got off the island but in such a way as to not cause a catastrophe since he was now just an ordinary soul and not some monster stuck in between realms.

On that note, I was thinking for a second 'what if' Locke was actually Smokey when he first sees Jack. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

So I just finished the last episode of lost after watching every single episode in order (over several years of course). There are a lot of things that did not make sense and I love that hilarious video that chowyunskinny just posted.Yet I feel that LOST (the whole 6 seasons) is a brilliant work of art. It has stirred up so much emotion through the character development, the mystery, back story, forward story and side story. It has to be the most entertaining TV show I have ever seen. Too bad there were no fighter jets that transformed into bad-ass robots though.

Too bad there were no fighter jets that transformed into bad-ass robots though.

It's been previously discussed that LOST is actually a retelling of Macross Zero (page 1). Locke is Ivanov, Jack is Shin, and Hurley is Mao Nome. The Smoke Monster is Kadum. Valkyries were omitted as JJ's mysterious overlord claimed that transforming aircraft are incompatible with Western audiences /value.

It's been previously discussed that LOST is actually a retelling of Macross Zero (page 1). Locke is Ivanov, Jack is Shin, and Hurley is Mao Nome. The Smoke Monster is Kadum. Valkyries were omitted as JJ's mysterious overlord claimed that transforming aircraft are incompatible with Western audiences /value.

LOL!!! That is pretty darned funny!

He's gonna swim up and McGarrett and Dano will be there to meet him.

I heard on the Jimmy Kimmel special after the show that he co-owns The Counter restaurant in Hawaii... yum! Best burgers ever with sweet potato fries!

• 1 year later...