Worst Science Fiction Film of All Time

JELEINEN

Something I just watched (for god knows what reason): 1990's Frankenstein Unbound!!!

This is by far the worst thing I've ever seen related to Frankenstein/Frankenstein's monster; and I'm including Van Helsing in that statement.

*snip*

I saw that on AMC back in October. I thought it was a pretty weird show.

And that was BEFORE the time travelling car rolling around in that kind of setting for Frankenstein :lol: A Delorean's better for that kind of job.

Edited by Warmaker

• 3 weeks later...

Birdemic. Bird-freakin'-demic!

Yes, it's real.

da fu*k was that?! somebody's HS film class project? :blink: I'd be ashamed to have been associated with that.

not really a sci-fi film, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojJUzv88Els&feature=topvideos

Hell, it ain't much worse than Lucas' last installment... <_<

Edited by reddsun1

The winners of the 31st Golden Raspberry Awards have been announced. They are highlighted in red italic. This comes as somewhat of a shocker, as Jonah Hex went home empty-handed and The Twilight Saga: Eclipse won just one award (mainly because Jackson Rathbone also starred in The Last Airbender, this year's big winner). And Sex and the City 2 must have been so bad, it beat The Last Airbender on a few categories.

Worst Picture

The Bounty Hunter

The Last Airbender

Sex and the City 2

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Vampires Suck

Worst Actor

Jack Black (Gulliver's Travels)

Gerard Butler (The Bounty Hunter)

Ashton Kutcher (Killers and Valentine's Day)

Taylor Lautner (The Twilight Saga: Eclipse and Valentine's Day)

Robert Pattinson (The Twilight Saga: Eclipse and Remember Me)

Worst Actress

Jennifer Aniston (The Bounty Hunter)

Miley Cyrus (The Last Song)

The four "gal pals" in Sex and the City 2

Megan Fox (Jonah Hex)

Kristen Stewart (The Twilight Saga: Eclipse)

Worst Supporting Actor

Billy Ray Cyrus (The Spy Next Door)

George Lopez (Marmaduke, The Spy Next Door and Valentine's Day)

Dev Patel (The Last Airbender)

Jackson Rathbone (The Twilight Saga: Eclipse and The Last Airbender)

Rob Schneider (Grown Ups)

Worst Supporting Actress

Jessica Alba (The Killer Inside Me, Little Fockers, Machete and Valentine's Day)

Cher (Burlesque)

Liza Minnelli (Sex and the City 2)

Nicola Peltz (The Last Airbender)

Barbra Streisand (Little Fockers)

Worst Director

Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer (Vampires Suck)

Michael Patrick King (Sex and the City 2)

M. Night Shyalaman (The Last Airbender)

David Slade (The Twilight Saga: Eclipse)

Sylvester Stallone (The Expendables)

Worst Screenplay

The Last Airbender

Little Fockers

Sex and the City 2

Vampires Suck

Worst On-Screen Couple/Ensemble

Jennifer Aniston & Gerard Butler (The Bounty Hunter)

Josh Brolin's face and Megan Fox (Jonah Hex)

The entire cast of The Last Airbender

The entire cast of Sex and the City 2

The entire cast of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Worst Prequel/Remake/Sequel/Ripoff

Clash of the Titans

The Last Airbender

Sex and the City 2

Vampires Suck

Worst Eye-Gouging Misuse of 3-D

Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore

Clash of the Titans

The Last Airbender

The Nutcracker in 3D

Saw 3D

Ok... now, I admit that I've never seen the cartoon, so I don't have that basis for comparison... but I didn't think The Last Airbender was that bad. I mean, sure, the acting was pretty weak, but the story seemed interesting enough that I'd watch a sequel, and the visuals were pretty good.

Ok... now, I admit that I've never seen the cartoon, so I don't have that basis for comparison... but I didn't think The Last Airbender was that bad. I mean, sure, the acting was pretty weak, but the story seemed interesting enough that I'd watch a sequel, and the visuals were pretty good.

Yeah....

Go watch the series then re-watch the movie. I'm not the biggest fan of the series, but when compared to the movie it's night and day.

I not going to say the actor were horrible. they did the best they could with what they were given.

The effects were decent but started to breakdown near the end of the movie.

Meh. Deliberately bad and its got a hot chick. Doesn't count.

Exactly..

Naked Prey on the other hand. That was a serious film, that just happened to be terrible.

Meh, it's just not the same without the little silhouettes of the robots and janitor down at the bottom of the screen... ^_^

I know, I've been meaning to write them and say they could add the robots into their video player... (they have one that plays DVDs and automatically syncs the DVD and the commentary)

On the plus side, they can now make fun of all the movies they have been wanting to for a long time - I think the first movie they did in this format was Roadhouse...

• 5 months later...

- Starring Zack Ward (Sgt. Donnelly in Transformers) and Monica May (Z/S.P.D. Yellow Ranger in Power Rangers S.P.D.)

Aside from Enemy Mine (I'd also say Avatar, but this came out a year earlier), what does this movie remind you of?

Hehe, if she didn't look like a fish, I'd wanna go Captain Kirk on that alien warrior-woman. LOL, just don't think there's enough space rum to counter that one, though.

I know, I'm such a galactic horndog. :p

I have yet to see Avatar myself and making it a game by not seeing it.

That's ok, that was actually a Ferngully trailer. I wish I had stuck with not watching Avatar myself, but what's done is done.

- Starring Zack Ward (Sgt. Donnelly in Transformers) and Monica May (Z/S.P.D. Yellow Ranger in Power Rangers S.P.D.)

Aside from Enemy Mine (I'd also say Avatar, but this came out a year earlier), what does this movie remind you of?

DAVE!

TITUS!

DAVE!

TITUS!

DAVE! *slap*

DAVE!

TITUS!

DAVE!

TITUS!

DAVE! *slap*

Look, Dave! Cow!

As long as SyFy channel is making their - ahem - movies... there will never be an end to this list of the Worst.

I think including any SyFy movie in this category is too easy. It's akin to making a list of the smelliest objects on Earth and adding turds to it. Well of course they stink. All of them stink and there are so many of them, you can make a separate list. :lol:

As long as SyFy channel is making their - ahem - movies... there will never be an end to this list of the Worst.

This ^

They showed Star Trek: Generations yesterday, though... and Bladerunner. They occasionally show something worth watching, but definitely none of their in-house-produced garbage is worth a microsecond of your viewing time.

Just rented Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow on Blu-ray and sadly, it hasn't aged well - especially for a movie that just came out seven years ago. It looked okay in theaters back then, but on Blu-ray, it looks like someone's fanfilm on YouTube.

Hard to argue, I imagine that it wouldn't age well with all the advancements FX and CGI have made, but I don't think this should make it fall under Worst SciFi of all time. And honestly, whether you hate the story or not neither should Avatar.

-b.

Hard to argue, I imagine that it wouldn't age well with all the advancements FX and CGI have made, but I don't think this should make it fall under Worst SciFi of all time. And honestly, whether you hate the story or not neither should Avatar.

-b.

I don't hate Sky Captain, but I was pretty much underwhelmed by its presentation. It tried too hard to pay homage to the classic 1930s serials, but it just didn't work. For starters, they could've cast a better actor than Jude Law as Sky Captain. I just can't picture Jude Law being anyone other than that robot hooker in A.I.: Artificial Intelligence. Angelina Jolie always has been and always will be overrated on any role she lands. And bringing Sir Laurence Olivier back from the dead really didn't do much to enhance the viewing quality.

And the whole idea of doing the movie completely in a digital backlot was supposed to save money, not cost $70 million. For that kind of money, you expect the movie to not look like a PS2 video game, which it does. So much for the directorial career of Kerry Conran.

I wonder how bad Casshern (another early digital backlot movie) has aged since then...