Worst Science Fiction Film of All Time

JELEINEN

care to enlighten us as to where it went wrong ?

Honestly...the story, and with most Sci-Fi/Action/Horror or genre movies you generally have to accept that the plot and/or script isn't going to be Oscar worthy.

I'm not good at writing reviews, but here's my .02;

Characters: I really wanted every character, including those set up as the main protagonists, to die horrible deaths. Sometimes the filmmakers try too hard to make the characters feel more "real" by showing them with character defects, but with the exception of one character (the building manager) everyone was a self-centered douche, or whiny tag-along and they deserved their fates.

Plot: It really didn't help matters as you never really get a true understanding of what the invaders wanted (

other than raw materials to either reproduce or replenish their ranks

). The invasion was worldwide but for some reason you're only shown the action in and around the f'ing high-rise the main characters are located. And

in the end why the hell did the aliens spare the ONE pregnant chick in the whole damn world!? This is after the movie already established the aliens won and the earth conquered and shown that they brutally rip the brains out of captured humans for use in the alien machine/hybrid things.Did they have a special maternity ship that all moms-to-be would be transported to?

It was just dumb.

Effects: Where honestly not bad, up until the end with a very special aerial combat/crash sequence.

I think in another thread someone mentioned that they thought this was a SyFy movie of the week, and if it wasn't for quality of most of the CGI they'd be spot on in their assessment of the film.

-b.

PS - it pains me that I've written more about a movie that I hated than any other movie that I enjoyed

The invasion was worldwide but for some reason you're only shown the action in and around the f'ing high-rise the main characters are located.

I read somewhere there is a good reason for that, the movie was made for 10 Million, and the guy making the movie happened to own the building. (or he knew the owner who let him film there for free)

Yeah, that was a horrible, awful movie.

Also the fact that

they seemed to have forgotten to write the ending to the movie

was pretty angering.

It's even more distressing to hear that Skyline 2 has been greenlight.

Edited by hutch

• 3 weeks later...

Don't forget his memorable performance in Explorers. I loved that movie... still do, actually!

Also don't forget he was the Cowboy in Innerspace, there's one film that should have had a sequel, just for the bad guys because they were hillarious.

Robert Picardo's career has taken off since Voyager.....

He also played the serial-killer/werewolf that infects Dee Wallace Stone's character, waaay back in the first The Howling movie (the one that didn't suck).

"I'm gonna give you a piece of my mind. I trusted you, Karen." That bit was pretty funny. :p

It's always fun, when watching movies I remember and love from way back in the day, to look for today's big-name movie stars in what would have been their first extra or supporting cast roles; "oh, so that's where such-and-such got their start..."

It's always fun, when watching movies I remember and love from way back in the day, to look for today's big-name movie stars in what would have been their first extra or supporting cast roles; "oh, so that's where such-and-such got their start..."

Yeah I love that, also seeing actors/resses that stared in one film you like and you have never seen them in any thing else. You know the ones were you think they were really good, and should go far, but didn't, and then just pop up as bit parts or in crowd scenes.

• 3 weeks later...

So why did it take you two months to reply to that post?

A little bit of CoD: Black Ops, a little bit of Modern Warfare 2, a little bit of Mass Effect 2, a little bit of Medal of Honor, a little bit of Red Dead Redemption...

Basicly I got bit by the multiplayer bug, with the exception of Mass Effect 2.

A little bit of CoD: Black Ops, a little bit of Modern Warfare 2, a little bit of Mass Effect 2, a little bit of Medal of Honor, a little bit of Red Dead Redemption...

Basicly I got bit by the multiplayer bug, with the exception of Mass Effect 2.

At least you got sidelined for a good reason :)