Worst Science Fiction Film of All Time

JELEINEN

I hope you are joking :wacko:

if 2001 is your idea of one of the worst sci-fi movies ever, what is your idea of the best?

Next to that snoozefest, anything looks good. When some fans love it specifically because it reminds them of how boring space travel would probably be, there's a problem. I would rather pay to watch any of the films listed in this thread for the sheer novelty value than watch 2001 for free.

Best movie? Hmmm, haven't really thought of that one. But again, that would be OT. Why does everyone act shocked when people don't like 2001? Is it really hard to see why people wouldn't like it or is it just that hip to say you're down with the slow pacing and tacked on classical music?

Update:(I don't really have a favorite but here's a short list of scifi films I think are better than 2001)

Empire Strikes Back (not really scifi, but still better)

Robocop

Blade Runner

Alien/s

Edited by Max Jenius

Someone help me out here. . .

I can't remember the title, or even the actors. But when I was a kid, I saw this movie that was terrible. It was sorta a "elite fighting force" movie and they rode around on motorcycles and other "futuristic" combat gear. At the end, one of the heros is left behind while the rest of them are flying away in a big transport aircraft (with the back left open). . . and the hero has to fly his motorcycle up and into the rear of the plane.

I seem to recall a desert environment for that last scene and the actors were all tan surfer types and looked like they were the Bee Gees. They were wearing tan "space suit" like uniforms and their motorcycles looked like something rejected from the (original) Battlestar Galactica series.

H

^are you thining of delta force? with lee marvin and chuck norris.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0090927/

and i agree 2001 is coma inducing. i've tried watching it on several occassions and i have yet to see it the whole way through.

Edited by do not disturb

Someone help me out here. . .

I can't remember the title, or even the actors. But when I was a kid, I saw this movie that was terrible. It was sorta a "elite fighting force" movie and they rode around on motorcycles and other "futuristic" combat gear. At the end, one of the heros is left behind while the rest of them are flying away in a big transport aircraft (with the back left open). . . and the hero has to fly his motorcycle up and into the rear of the plane.

I seem to recall a desert environment for that last scene and the actors were all tan surfer types and looked like they were the Bee Gees. They were wearing tan "space suit" like uniforms and their motorcycles looked like something rejected from the (original) Battlestar Galactica series.

H

Yep. I had found it on IMDB. But the "poster image" threw me off the first time until I took a second, closer look. . . at first glance it looked like some weird pr0n. :p

MEGAFORCE!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Yep. I had found it on IMDB. But the "poster image" threw me off the first time until I took a second, closer look. . . at first glance it looked like some weird pr0n. :p

MEGAFORCE!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

You gotta love the theme song! :lol:

Lessee -

Starship Troopers - the only redeeming thing about this movie was seeing Dina Meyer naked.

Eve of Destruction - lame, lame movie.......what was Gregory Hines thinking?

I know there are others...............

:blink:

I'm dumbfounded! I feel like Barbossa in the first Pirates of the Caribbean film.

"No. No, it's not possible..."

Who in the hell dug up that eye-blistering piece of excrement from my early childhood and posted it on YouTube!?! Ouch, argh, gaaahhh! :angry:

What I love about MegaForce is when the vehicles go into "silent" or "stealth" mode (can't remember what they called it). Basically, they just cut the sound off completely, and what you have is a bunch of dune buggies and motorcycles working their way across the desert, kicking up dirt, dust and gravel... and you cannot hear a thing!!!

Ahhh... MegaForce. I wonder if that's for rent at Hollywood?

I'd take Dina over Denise. Denise's nose looks. . . unnatural (and probably is). Not that she's not still stunning though by everyday standards.

Having said that. . . the way people on the internet knock Hollywood-class beauty so casually is an endless source of amusement for me. Especially when you know that it's very likely that the person doing the knocking's own personal standards for "real life" women are probably much, much lower. Either that or they are very, very lonely while holding out for their own personal super-model that just happens to have a thing for dorky anime enthusiasts.

1. Battlefield Earth (Never saw it, but I'm convinced.)

2. Leprechaun IV: In Space

3. Highlander II: The Quickening

4. Wing Commander

5. MegaForce

6. Robot Jox

7. Rollerball (2002)

8. Predator 2

9. Alien: Resurrection

10. RoboCop 3

Dishonorable Mention

Alien 3

Universal Soldier: The Return

BTW, anyone here seen TimeCop: The Berlin Decision? I saw the trailer in my Wild Speed X2 DVD recently.

I gotta admit... as a kid, I enjoyed Megaforce... to me, it's just mindless fun explosions... emphasis on mindless fun explosions... I probably might enjoy watching it again, just for cheesy popcorn night.

However, I would rather watch Wing Commander any day, rather than Leprechaun series, or Robot Jox and it's many derivatives that soon came after.

I'd take Dina over Denise. Denise's nose looks. . . unnatural (and probably is). Not that she's not still stunning though by everyday standards.

Having said that. . . the way people on the internet knock Hollywood-class beauty so casually is an endless source of amusement for me. Especially when you know that it's very likely that the person doing the knocking's own personal standards for "real life" women are probably much, much lower. Either that or they are very, very lonely while holding out for their own personal super-model that just happens to have a thing for dorky anime enthusiasts.

Everyone has their dislikes. You can't avoid them; that's life. There are some women that would be considered physically beautiful by any standard, but for one reason or another, some feature sets off the wrong reaction in others. It could be as complicated as a childhood thing or something as simple disliking a certain type of nose :)

Personally, I rarely dislike most "Hollywood-flavors" on the basis of their face. I just really don't like starving thin women. If I have a negative opinion of the latest Hollywood hard-on, nine times out of ten it's because she's too damned thin because most of those girls are. I'm the kind of guy who would have been right at home with the 50's starlets. I also find a very broad range of different women attractive. I know most people don't even seem to give much thought outside their own ethnic group, unless they see Halle Barry, Jennifer Lopez or Ziyi Zhang. Hollywood generally seeks out only a very limited range of feminine beauty types, though I acknowledge exceptions do occur. So I don't find it odd that more than a few faces on film are just not working for me.

On the other hand, among all my buddies I seem to be the minority in both the above respects, so perhaps your theory does carry some weight as a catch-all philosophy :)

Actually that's not always true, the vast majority of Hollywood "class" women are smeared with make-up constantly. Pretty much any average woman could look as good as them I'd wager.

Having said that, I'd take my wife over Dina Meyer or Denise Richards anyday. Though when given the choice between the two, I can ignore Denise's Michael Jackson nose for a roll in the hay. :D

BTW Hurin; Last I checked, this is the internet. Everything gets knocked.

Edited by Max Jenius

Here are some more sci-fi/horror bombs:

R.O.T.O.R. - A really cheap imitation of RoboCop and The Terminator.

Evilspeak - When a young military academy cadet is bullied by everyone else, he discovers the book of Satan and uses its dark powers against the academy.

Xtro - Just your typical alien invasion film. The only memorable moment of the film is a scene where a woman suddenly becomes pregnant and gives birth to an adult male within minutes.

HAHA! Have you SEEN the woman I married? Of course my expectations are lower!!! (just kidding, honey!)

Seriously, though... The point really is that if we are going to be fed hollywood's version of "perfection", then they'd better damn well get perfection right. I have no problem ciriticizing the "beautiful" women I see on TV, but show me a real woman in person and I'll find something beautiful about her every single time. regardless of he figure/looks/size.

Oh... and Monica Bellucci is totally hot.

Edited by the white drew carey

i LOvED Megaforce as a kid....wow, i was a lame kid....

Worst Sci Fi?

Hard for me, coz i find bad movies to be awesoem to watch for the lameness. i guess "Earth vs the Flying Saucers" is one for me, which inspired me to make The Second Polcheck Christmas Special. which is the one we have had the most hits on.

Also as much as the Phantom menace was lame a lot, the fight between obi wan and Darth maul at the end is still one of my fav sword fights in cinema.

The new star wars movies were a big disappointment, Starship Troopers 2 was crap, Star trek the motion picture was absolutely boring. There are so many I can't name them all. :blink:

The new star wars movies were a big disappointment, Starship Troopers 2 was crap, Star trek the motion picture was absolutely boring. There are so many I can't name them all. :blink:

Starship trooper 2.....OMG why did you bring that one up......thats is the worst of the worst movie ever made :angry::blink: :blink: :blink:

Even before MST3K, my Dad, brother & I would stay up late to riff TNT's "100% Weird." Man I miss that show. I've got a soft spot for bad films - I've seen many of the ones mentioned here. Though I really need to fill in a couple of gaps like Metal Storm and Battlefield Earth. I might download the Rifftrax for that one.

If you think Logan's Run was like an acid trip, you should see Wild, Wild Planet. WWP is to Logan's Run like Space Truckers is to Star Wars, a derivative copycat trying to ride the former's coattails. Except, as acidy LR is, I really think WWP's writers WERE on acid when they tried to copy it.

I alluded to it earlier in the thread - actually over a year ago, but as far as I've seen, this is the worst movie ever:

http://www.cornponeflicks.org/armafinal.html

There was another site that had pics, and was obviously written to promote the movie - which I found very funny - but I can't find it now.

I've never subjected my wife to this movie. I don't miss single life that much...

• 1 year later...

Anyone willing to rent this (and risk their eyesight to its 3D effects) once it comes out?

Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus (or "Debbie Gibson Gets Tentacle Raped")

(Apparently, there have been reports of her home going into foreclosure, so it seems that she really needs the monty, as the failed Playboy stint wasn't enough to cover the bills.)

Edited by areaseven