Worst Science Fiction Film of All Time

JELEINEN

Final Cut was pretty bad.

The problem with most bad sci-fi movies usually isn't the the plot, but the execution.

So many good ideas have been done so, so very wrong. It makes me curl up and weep.

417796[/snapback]

whoah... IMDB has more pics per page all of a sudden.

I got 1/2 way through that and I bailed out!

419961[/snapback]

Whoa, my coworker just loaned that to me. I hadn't had much interest in watching it, but now I have to!!!

Pretty much all of SciFi's original movies are pretty bad, especially that Mammoth movie they had a little while back (Oh, Summer Glau, I know you need to eat...) I nearly lost all espect for Bruce Campbell when I watched "The Man with the Screaming Brain," had to go watch Evil Dead 2 to make things better.

There's one more that I might mention, although you might hate me forever. Let me dig up the link...

*Woohoo 42nd post - I feel so connected to Life, the Universe & Everything...

Edited by Kelsain

I always thought the worst sci-fi movies where Space Hunter:adventures in the forbidden zone, buckaroo banzai, and what ever begins with a sci fi channel original productions(aside from dune)

THE WORST has to be Starship troopers 2 :hero of the federation

417757[/snapback]

Hey now I love Buckaroo Banzai, it was exactly what it was suppossed to be, totally campy and a load of fun.

I always thought the worst sci-fi movies where Space Hunter:adventures in the forbidden zone, buckaroo banzai, and what ever begins with a sci fi channel original productions(aside from dune)

THE WORST has to be Starship troopers 2 :hero of the federation

417757[/snapback]

Good lord I skipped that on renting it. I thought it would be a steaming pile of poo.

The SciFi Channel just premiered "Stan Lee's Light Speed" last night. Dear Lord, this one's got to be eligible for this roster to be sure. I could only stand about 5 minutes of it before I started feeling like the back of my eyes were beginning to bleed. Certainly another film in the tradition of the B&W 1950's sci-horror crap-taculars of old: terrible acting; apparently non-existent budget; shoe-string plot [if you could discern one at all]; bad costumes; bad SFX; bad hero; even worse villian...ol' Stanny-boy really ought to be careful just what he lets his name go on just to make a buck. If you're into "le bad cinema" [or S&M] this one's right up your alley, sure to give you the pain you're looking for.

• 1 year later...

I don't know if these have been mentioned before... did not read the thread in it's entirety, but how about these turds for the '80s: KRUL, Adventures in the Forbidden Zone, and --not sure if late seventies or early eighties (couldn't be bothered to look it up) -- that KISS "scifi movie"?

2001 is a strange duck... at the time of it's release it's effects were groundbreaking, but the movie itself is one giant multi hour snore fest slash psychoanalytical jerk off. Personally I would not rate it as one of the best but IMHO it doesn't belong on a "worst" list. Now, the tepid Gene Hackman / Gregory Peck astronauts trapped in space movie Marooned that came out one year after 2001 more than belongs on this list...

2001: A Space Odyssey

It's safe to say Kubrick has been burning in hell over that one.

I hope you are joking :wacko:

if 2001 is your idea of one of the worst sci-fi movies ever, what is your idea of the best?

Edited by Necron_99

The newest incredible hulk, gamma irradiated poodles and pit bulls. Blech.

Ultraviolet.

AVP.

All the resident evil movies.

Oh, almost forgot Starship Troopers 2.

Edited by briscojr84

I was going to vote Battlefield Earth as the worst, BUT it was actually so bad I had a good time laughing. Who can forget the incredible ability of semi-cavemen to learn how to fly Harrier jets in a week? lol That's got to score SOME points for entertainment.

I think Tim Burton's remake of Planet of the Apes is much worse than BE. Mark Whalberg ignoring a half naked chick for a Michael Jackson-lookalike ape is... unforgettable.

Earlier today, I mentioned this movie. Now here's the trailer. It makes Battlefield Earth look like Citizen Kane.

transmorpherskey.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol: Can't. Stop. Laughing....

Thank you! I needed that chuckle today!

I used to wish/wonder what Mospeada would look like if translated to live-action. Now, I don't anymore. It would probably come out looking like this turd. Leave it as it is...

Ooh! Look at the big scary robots! No wonder they conquered Earth so easily....the resistence died from laughter.

Edited by reddsun1

Blasphemy, Krull is fantastic!

I went to see that movie in the theater when I was a kid... bugged my mom for over a week to have her take me and my brother. When it was all over we were like WTF? It looked so good in the TV ads and was so incredibly awful in reality that, even as a child, I thought it sucked. I will admit that the Cyclops and the glaive were pretty cool; other than that... post-664-1187714281.gif. My opinion of course; I'm sure there are movies I like the would cause others to barf.

I actually watch Krull to see Liam Neeson get killed. The rest of that movie is near unintelligible... a mish-mash of story arcs that go nowhere, plot devices that wander around aimlessly and a final confrontation that's a complete letdown. What did I need that Glave for again?

Sure it had a lot of good ideas that I think could have made for a really good movie but it got bogged down in cliche and the downright poor '80s special effects the movie had. Krull IMHO was cool as a concept but really poor as an actual movie... kind of like Conan the Destroyer, I bet it looked really, really kick ass on paper.