Worst Science Fiction Film of All Time

JELEINEN

OMG!!

As a keeper of Rabbits, the furniture and plant eating and non Human killing kind , I can say that had that film been made these days then the American Human society and RSPCA would have a field day. Oh and and this has got to be one of the worst films ever. I have seen better college kid films.

DeForest Kelley.......... WHY!! surely thing were not that bad.

Edited by big F

• 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised no one's mentioned this. The constant appearing and disappearing of subplots and characters make it qualify. Hell, the video game adaptation proved that it is sci-fi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCj8sPCWfUw

Have you actually seen this thing? It looks so ridiculously stupid.

I was expecting The Room to be just a really bad movie, but I have to agree with Gubaba that it's actually very entertaining. Just about everything that could possibly go wrong in a movie happens here - bad dubbing, horrible lines, characters disappearing and reappearing, sub-plots that just vanish, bad CG effects and an overblown budget ($6 million, to be exact). Yet unlike Uwe Boll, Tommy Wiseau's lack of talent (namely writing, producing, directing and acting) has actually been embraced by the general public. Why exactly, I don't know. But I still get a kick out of seeing people react to The Room.

Edited by areaseven

I was expecting The Room to be just a really bad movie, but I have to agree with Gubaba that it's actually very entertaining. Just about everything that could possibly go wrong in a movie happens here - bad dubbing, horrible lines, characters disappearing and reappearing, sub-plots that just vanish, bad CG effects and an overblown budget ($6 million, to be exact). Yet unlike Uwe Boll, Tommy Wiseau's lack of talent (namely writing, producing, directing and acting) has actually been embraced by the general public. Why exactly, I don't know. But I still get a kick out of seeing people react to The Room.

And are you saying that Uwe Boll has talent? :p

I don't hate Sky Captain, but I was pretty much underwhelmed by its presentation. It tried too hard to pay homage to the classic 1930s serials, but it just didn't work. For starters, they could've cast a better actor than Jude Law as Sky Captain. I just can't picture Jude Law being anyone other than that robot hooker in A.I.: Artificial Intelligence. Angelina Jolie always has been and always will be overrated on any role she lands. And bringing Sir Laurence Olivier back from the dead really didn't do much to enhance the viewing quality.

And the whole idea of doing the movie completely in a digital backlot was supposed to save money, not cost $70 million. For that kind of money, you expect the movie to not look like a PS2 video game, which it does. So much for the directorial career of Kerry Conran.

I wonder how bad Casshern (another early digital backlot movie) has aged since then...

I just saw Sky Captain and the Wold of Tomorrow.

I feel the same as you. The concept was a BLAST. Some of the ideas were great fun. It felt like a comic strip in some parts. But overall, meh. If they spent more time making that script work...better characters. More action. More of a plot...the elements where there on screen. But, :"without a script, a special effect is a boring thing." I don't want to say who said that, cause it seems ironic now. ;) But you get the drift.

I just saw Sky Captain and the Wold of Tomorrow.

I feel the same as you. The concept was a BLAST. Some of the ideas were great fun. It felt like a comic strip in some parts. But overall, meh. If they spent more time making that script work...better characters. More action. More of a plot...the elements where there on screen. But, :"without a script, a special effect is a boring thing." I don't want to say who said that, cause it seems ironic now. ;) But you get the drift.

If you want to see this movie done right, watch "Giant Robo-The Animaiton"

• 2 weeks later...