Worst Science Fiction Film of All Time

JELEINEN

OMG. I think some of these guys are actually competing to make the worst movie ever...

1:05 - seriously? Did they really think we wouldn't notice they'd ripped-off a mech design from an obscure 80's model line--which was itself "borrowed" from a japanese anime? :blink:

I remember back in the day when those models came out. I managed to get Axoid; and Aqualo; and Thoren. How I wanted to have all of those models, AND the dioramas; I thought the pics on the box art were so friggin cool. Alas, my meager modelling skills at 9 yrs old were just not up to the task...

rb_defenders.jpg

ed: but honestly, this movie looks like a real piece of sh*t.

Edited by reddsun1

This is not nearly at the low-levels being discussed here - but I just watched Planet 51 with my kids last night.

The animated tale of an alien world stuck in the 50s that speaks English and an annoying human astronaut lands??

It burnt my eyes and I feels slightly more stupid today -- and I can't shake it. Jeeezz - oh -weezz, for the money they spent on this the cool things they could have done...

This is not nearly at the low-levels being discussed here - but I just watched Planet 51 with my kids last night.

The animated tale of an alien world stuck in the 50s that speaks English and an annoying human astronaut lands??

It burnt my eyes and I feels slightly more stupid today -- and I can't shake it. Jeeezz - oh -weezz, for the money they spent on this the cool things they could have done...

Agreed, I watched about 20 minutes of it on Cable a few months ago before my inner thought was " I cant take this Sh-t anymore!!"

After over 15 years of avoiding it, I decided to bite the bullet and watch Escape from L.A. Now I wish I hadn't.

The movie takes everything that made Escape from New York an epic masterpiece and threw it out the window. Aside from the updated opening theme song, there is nothing redeeming about this movie. The secondary villain is a cheap Che Guevara wannabe, while the primary villain is just meh. Even Bruce Campbell's short appearance as the Surgeon General of Beverly Hills can't save this trainwreck.

No wonder I had a hard time convincing my former roommate to watch Escape from New York over a decade ago, as he got burned by Escape from L.A.

• 5 weeks later...

In case you haven't seen it. If you dare...

I remember seeing it when it came out... this was/is/will be soooo bad for 2 reasons:

1) The Gundam flies out, shoots and destroys the title.

2) No one has bothered filing a copyright infringement on youtube yet, as such it can be viewed in its entirety. Yes folks, it sucks so much that noooo one wants to own it or have anything to do with it :D .

I remember seeing it when it came out... this was/is/will be soooo bad for 2 reasons:

1) The Gundam flies out, shoots and destroys the title.

2) No one has bothered filing a copyright infringement on youtube yet, as such it can be viewed in its entirety. Yes folks, it sucks so much that noooo one wants to own it or have anything to do with it :D .

I'd also like to point out what I think is a key problem (among many, MANY problems) that the movie has:

Pretty much all Gundam stories begin to get going when the hero climbs into the Gundam. In G-Saviour, the movie ENDS when he gets it.

My top 3

Alien vs Predator 2: A movie with aliens and predators that manages to be boooooring!

Starship Troopers: Liked it when I was a young boy, but now I'm guessing it was just for the boobies on it.

Highlander II The Quickening (just saw it a few days ago): A guy gets his head chopped by a cable at 3 Km/h. Do I need to say more?

BTW I fail to understand why so many people hates The phantom menace. I liked it. I'm actually looking foward to the 3D release. Please don't ban me. :lol:

I dunno, quite enjoyed watching that with my son. I really liked the Alien dog with his acid pee :D

Graham

In case you haven't seen it. If you dare...

Woohoo! Christmas tree lights and keyboards! Dryer ducts and telephone innards! How fantastically aw-ful!

ed: looks like they even managed to get/recycle some of the wardrobe from Starship Troopers [helmets & flak vests]. LOL, fuzzy dice on control board... <_<

Edited by reddsun1

Woohoo! Christmas tree lights and keyboards! Dryer ducts and telephone innards! How fantastically aw-ful!

Reminds me of "Monster a Go Go". The fighting scene was nearly pitch black so you only caught an occasional glimpse of what was going on. Then at one point the phone rings, the sound effect was a guy offstage saying "ring ring". MST3K did a number on that movie.

• 2 weeks later...

It's that time of the year again. The 32nd Golden Raspberry Awards will be held on April 1. As expected, Transformers: Dark of the Moon and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 have nominations. Surprisingly, Green Lantern was ignored.

Worst Picture

Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star

Jack and Jill

New Year's Eve

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1

Worst Actor

Russell Brand (Arthur)

Nicolas Cage (Drive Angry, Season of the Witch and Trespass)

Taylor Lautner (Abduction and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1)

Adam Sandler (Jack and Jill and Just Go with It)

Nick Swardson (Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star)

Worst Actress

Martin Lawrence (Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son)

Sarah Palin (The Undefeated)

Sarah Jessica Parker (I Don't Know How She Does It and New Year's Eve)

Adam Sandler (Jack and Jill)

Kristen Stewart (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1)

Worst Supporting Actor

Patrick Dempsey (Transformers: Dark of the Moon)

James Franco (Your Highness)

Ken Jeong (Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son, The Hangover Part II, Transformers: Dark of the Moon and Zookeeper)

Al Pacino (Jack and Jill)

Nick Swardson (Jack and Jill and Just Go with It)

Worst Supporting Actress

Katie Holmes (Jack and Jill)

"The Underwear Model" (Transformers: Dark of the Moon)

Brandon T. Jackson (Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son)

Nicole Kidman (Just Go with It)

David Spade (Jack and Jill)

Worst Director

Michael Bay (Transformers: Dark of the Moon)

Tom Brady (Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star)

Bill Condon (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1)

Dennis Dugan (Jack and Jill and Just Go with It)

Garry Marshall (New Year's Eve)

Worst Screenplay

Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star

Jack and Jill

New Year's Eve

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Worst Screen Couple

Nicolas Cage and anyone sharing the screen with him (Drive Angry, Season of the Witch and Trespass)

Shia LaBeouf and "The Underwear Model" (Transformers: Dark of the Moon)

Adam Sandler and either Jennifer Aniston or Brooklyn Decker (Just Go with It)

Adam Sandler and either Katie Holmes, Al Pacino or Adam Sandler (Jack and Jill)

Kristen Stewart and either Robert Pattinson or Taylor Lautner (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1)

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel

Arthur

Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star (rip-off of Boogie Nights and A Star Is Born)

The Hangover Part II

Jack and Jill (rip-off of Glen or Glenda)

Worst Screen Ensemble

The cast of Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star

The cast of Jack and Jill

The cast of New Year's Eve

The cast of Transformers: Dark of the Moon

The cast of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1