Worst Science Fiction Film of All Time

JELEINEN

When the most exciting part of the whole movie is a monkey smashing things with a bone.

Lets also not forget the repair scene...

*shudder*

One of Kubrick's darkest hours. Then again, I don't like Kubrick. That said, I'd rather watch Robot Jox 3 times in a row than 2001 once.

Not to sound like a typical film student, but it's a shame you've been raised on typical Hollywood crap to the point were you don't have the patience to watch a decent movie. Sci-fi doesn't have to be filled with battling starships and laser guns, you know.

But I guess big robots blowing crap up is cooler than an actual attempt at a story and one of the best edited and most visually impressive films of all time.

Best edited?

I dunno about that. I like 2001 and all, don't get me wrong, but that openning docking scene could EASILY have been 1/2 as long (as could the whole "kalidoscope" deal at the end).

I've got patience out the wazoo, but that one was a bit too long.

Seriously though, some people here seem to have some pretty knee-jerk reactions. Just because something is popular they have to loath it. As much as I dislike some ST and what not, it is not even in the same category of bad as "battle for the stars," or "plan 9 from outerspace." Phantom Menace may be the worst StarWars movie...but it has so much going for in in comparission to truely bad sci-fi movies as to make it high art (same goes for ST:V, much as I hate to say it).

Wait it just dawned on me...

Flash Gordon

This is a horrible movie, just listen to the theme song by Queen

I quote *ahem* "Flash!... ah~~~ He's a miracle!" Repeat 30 times with 80's guitar riffs.

Also there is a Ming looks like a horrible Chinese steryotype from the 1850's. If anybody has ever seen the Rocket Revengers skits on Mad TV he kind of looks like the Queen of the Chinese.

The banner from the weding scene was funny though "All beings will make merry...Under pain of death"

Such a happy occasion :lol:

NOTHING is as bad as Highlander II.

Well maybe not within the confines of the the Sci-fi/Fantasy genre, but if we were talking about just any kind of movie, Nothing But Trouble (Chevy Chase, Demi Moore, John Candy, Digital Underground :p ) is hands down, the WORST movie ever made.

Wait it just dawned on me...

Flash Gordon

This is a horrible movie, just listen to the theme song by Queen

I quote *ahem* "Flash!... ah~~~ He's a miracle!" Repeat 30 times with 80's guitar riffs.

Also there is a Ming looks like a horrible Chinese steryotype from the 1850's. If anybody has ever seen the Rocket Revengers skits on Mad TV he kind of looks like the Queen of the Chinese.

The banner from the weding scene was funny though "All beings will make merry...Under pain of death"

Such a happy occasion :lol:

I thought the movie was a great hommage to the original comics/radio plays. It's cheesy, yes, but intentionally so.

True true

and I never said that it wasn't fun to watch, and looking from that perspective it is a good hommage to the original.

It was just that theme song... I saw this movie months ago and I still can't get it out of my head.

I do love the good old 1950's retro sci-fi though, even if it's an 80's recreation of such.

anyway I humbly take back my earlier assertion

It's not movie gold, but it is fun to watch

However I did see this really cheesy horror movie from my dad's collectin awhile back.

cant recall the name, but this mad scientist ressurects Frankenstein, the wolf man, and Dracula to get revenge on his enemies. as I remember the movie doesn't even end, it just stops and rolls credits. anybody seen this?

I forgot to add one to my list.

TANK GIRL

Need I say more?

I was about to add that one. Other than Battlefield Earth, Highlander II and Metalstorm, I can't think of a worse movie than that one.

Another one is Yor though that might count as fantasy instead of Sci-fi.

I'd have to go with Wing Commander for real hollywood type flops. But it popped into my mind right when I saw this thread-Mutiny in Space! I couldn't believe it when I saw it on MST3K Santa Clause and some witches flying spliced footage from Battlestar Galactica....

But then there was that one with Raul Julia trapped in Casablanca.....and Parts: The Clonus Horror with Peter Graves.....so many bad movies....... :o

I've got one, maybe no one has ever heard of ... "Metal storm: The Destruction of Jared Sin". This movie is from way back in the 80's & starred Richarrd Moll, "Bull" of "Night Court" fame. This movie sucked so bad, you could see the wires holding up the space ships & the telephone pole behind the fenced background of the studio lot! =P

I'd have to go with Wing Commander for real hollywood type flops. But it popped into my mind right when I saw this thread-Mutiny in Space! I couldn't believe it when I saw it on MST3K Santa Clause and some witches flying spliced footage from Battlestar Galactica....

But then there was that one with Raul Julia trapped in Casablanca.....and Parts: The Clonus Horror with Peter Graves.....so many bad movies....... :o

What is so sad about the WC movie is that the FMV in the games were better looking and better performed <_< :rolleyes:

i have to say leave battle beyond the stars,a.i.,and ice pirates the hell alone.they don't deserve to be dissed.these movies do

planet of the apes(tim burton)he needs to be burned alive for that one.

minority report-which was overrrated crap and product placement hell.

and the tacked on happy ending was like being anally raped by a rhino with herpes.spielberg watered down concepts perfected by scott and gilliam.

heavy metal 2000(a movie hemmroid on steroids)

macek must die!

matrix and matrix revolutions which is to me a soulless rip-off of anime with characters that look like refugees from a gap ad and shallow story line.

gods and generals(not sci-fi but sucked walrus nuts any way}

garaga.i'll definitely think of more.

Just nuke the planet and fly in wide formations rather than packing the battlecruisers (which didn't even fired a shot!).

Those ships are troop transports not battlecruisers or even destroyers.

Makes it even worse! Why build a big fleet of troop transports without proper armament?

But it wasn't the worst movie though.

And I have to go with Pat Payne that Star Trek V also deserves to be in the ranks of the Worst Sci-Fi Film. Flying to the center of the milky way is done in a short time while the more modern USS Voyager takes years to cross one quadrant to another. Poor acting, poor script. Rubbish!

When are we doing a topic about Worst Fantasy Film?

I nominate Dungeons and Dragons! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0190374/

Edited by Wabbit

How about "Leonard, Part 6" :D

Why did you have to mention that! Finally after years of expensive therapy I was able to erase all memories of ever having seen part of that movie. Now they have all come flooding back. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:p

I'd say, Resident Evil, Super Nova, wasn't too impressed by Wing Commander or Robot Jocks, and........Aliens 3 and Resurection

1. Battlefield Earth (Never saw it, but I'm convinced.)

2. Leprechaun IV: In Space

3. Highlander II: The Quickening

4. Wing Commander

5. MegaForce

6. Robot Jox

7. Rollerball (2002)

8. Predator 2

9. Alien: Resurrection

10. RoboCop 3

Dishonorable Mention

Alien 3

Universal Soldier: The Return

BTW, anyone here seen TimeCop: The Berlin Decision? I saw the trailer in my Wild Speed X2 DVD recently.

Smut's av cries, and gets his head band all wet.

My pick would be the movie Terrorvision. It was a really lame 80's horror sci-fi movie about a monster that is beamed down into a family's home through their new satellite dish. The monster eventually eats all of them.

I can believe the grandpa and the little kid with the M16... I can believe the monster coming out of the TV...

But I draw the line at it possessing UHF horror show bimbos...

Plan 9 From Outerspace.

rent it, and behold

worst sci fi movie, worst movie of all time. its won several awards to back that up.

Hehe. Yes it is very bad, but it is sooooooo much fun to make fun of thus it still posesses entertainment value. There are other movies out there that are just so bad the leave me utterly speachless.

Anyone here seen The Stuff? It starts with these guys discovering some strange goo up north. They taste it and market it as frozen yogurt called "The Stuff," which eventually sells like hotcakes. What people don't know is that they're eating alien symbiotes that slowly take over their bodies.

Anyone here seen The Stuff? It starts with these guys discovering some strange goo up north. They taste it and market it as frozen yogurt called "The Stuff," which eventually sells like hotcakes. What people don't know is that they're eating alien symbiotes that slowly take over their bodies.

Wonder how they got it past the FDA :lol: Oh its plot holes like that that show my lack of faith in the movie industry is well justified. Course one could argue the FDA is disgustingly lax too ;):lol: