Worst Science Fiction Film of All Time

JELEINEN

Am I the only one who liked AI? I got the same sense from it as Edward Scissorhands (my fave movie, it'd be perfect if someone besides Winona was in it)

And if we're branching out a bit, Street Fighter is even worse than that. (Though Ming-Na Wen in red tights is worth pausing for, if you come across it at 2AM or something)

A.I. wasn't horrible, but the last 30 minutes ruined it. If they had cut off the last 30 minutes it would have been way better. When those aliens showed up... the audience in my theatre let out a collective groan.

Thing will AI is that Kubrick worked on it for like 20 years, and Kubrick did amazing stuff. So I figure 1) Kubrick worked on it forever but never did it because it was a crappy idea or 2) Kubrick had it worked out well and Spielberg ruined it.

Street Fighter was pretty bad, but probably not as bad as the upcoming sequel featuring Jean Claude "My career is over" Van-Damme and Dolph "I haven't made a decent movie... ever" Lundgren.

Though ironically enough, Dolph Lundgren has a PhD and the IQ of a genius. Yet he can't pick a decent movie role for crap... William Gibson claimed he was incredibly smart and had a good sense of humor, and was a pretty fun guy to be aroudn when they were filming Johnny Mnenomic.

Nobody has mentions SPACE TRUCKERS with Dennis Hopper. Good Acor HORRIBLE MOVIE. But pretty funny in parts.

Then there was THE LEX (?) movie series that was actually turned into a series....

Gundam the live action one.....

and at the top of the list

STEEL DAWN

Rob

1. Battlefield Earth (Never saw it, but I'm convinced.)

2. Leprechaun IV: In Space

3. Highlander II: The Quickening

4. Wing Commander

5. MegaForce

6. Robot Jox

7. Rollerball (2002)

8. Predator 2

9. Alien: Resurrection

10. RoboCop 3

Dishonorable Mention

Alien 3

Universal Soldier: The Return

BTW, anyone here seen TimeCop: The Berlin Decision? I saw the trailer in my Wild Speed X2 DVD recently.

What A7 said, but with my own personal DIS-favorites added:

In the category of "What won't Christopher Lambert do for money?":

Fortress

Beowulf

What A7 said, but with my own personal DIS-favorites added:

In the category of "What won't Christopher Lambert do for money?":

Fortress

Beowulf

If nothing else he's really good at being a bad actor in bad movies, it'd be disapointing at this point if he was in a good movie. Ruin the flow, as it were.

And I wanted to post this:

post-26-1069247742.jpg

If nothing else he's really good at being a bad actor in bad movies, it'd be disapointing at this point if he was in a good movie. Ruin the flow, as it were.

Well, he started off pretty strong, Greystoke then Highlander etc, they are, if nothing else, cult classics.

But after Highlander, it all just went downhill.

I liked to watch the end of Silent Running when I was a kid simply because it was so weird and sadistic. The only thing left is a bunch of robots caring for some planets for eternity! :D

And Virus was just a fun movie to laugh at, its always on TNT. Who can forget the great one liners?

"WHO’S GOING TO CARRY MY STUFF? WHO’S GOING TO CARRY MY STUFF?"

Hmm... Horrible Sci-Fi flicks eh?

Well... Battlefield Earth was one. 5 seconds of the film convinced me to run away in horror from the tv. Oddly, I liked Wing Commander (except for how the Kilrathi looked), and Robot Jox (interesting concept concerning the lack of farmable land on earth... Then again I'm a mecha nut).

After reading Starship Troopers, I really really began to loathe the movie (except for the in-movie commercials, those were great).

Well, that's it, just Starship Troopers and Battlefield Earth.

It's not fair to mention movies you just didn't like. A bad movie should have an extra quality of sucky suckiness like bad directing, bad acting, huge plot holes, and the smell of death. Cheap sci-fi shows made for public TV or for young kids shouldn't count either.

Highlander 2 is my all time worst sci-fi movie. I was no huge Highlander fan but thought the first film was pretty cool. The 2nd one was just so bad I wanted to cry.

Freddy Got Fingered?

:o

LOL

I wasn't sure if anyone else had ever seen that suck ass movie. It did have a funny side though.

Last year one of my friends practically got into a fight with the RA over that movie (he loved it, was drunk and wouldn't shut up about it and my RA just started threatening him, so practically had to drag him back to his room).

I'd have to say Alien 3 though, since I really wouldn't count LotR (any of them) as sci-fi (yes, I hate those movies). Although, for more candidates for this list, just watch sci-fi during the weekends, all (pretty much) those films would make this list.

What's wrong with Ice Pirates!?!

Yellowlightman- FYI, those things at the end of A.I. are the supposed to be descendents of the first robots made by man, not aliens.

My picks woulk either be any Highlander film other than the first, Space Truckers or Battlefield Earth.

Bad sci-fi movies I like for their nostalgia value despite their horridness:

Ice Pirates (the whole "Space Herpes" scene has been untouchable by any comedy in any genre ever since)

Night of the Comet (lame, but fun (at least when I was young)

Space Hunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone (Molly Ringwald typecasts herself for the first time as a mis-understood youth, Michael Ironsides camps it up as Overdog)

Beastmaster  <_>

Beast Master was fun 80's crap. Crappy but fun.

Now Beast Master II and III were just pure crap.

There was also a Lou Ferigno (spelling) Hercules movie which I remember as being pretty bad. I have seen it since 1986 but I remember it ending with a pretty cheesy looking cartoon stick figure fight.

Beastmaster  <_<

There was also a Lou Ferigno (spelling) Hercules movie which I remember as being pretty bad. I have seen it since 1986 but I remember it ending with a pretty cheesy looking cartoon stick figure fight.

AGHH, another trilogy Im gonna crack :blink: Make a trilogy/sequiel to a crappy movie and look what happens, thanks guys, BeastMaster was completly out of my head untill now <_<

There was this old movie... I don't remember the name. it was about an Astronaut that started to melt or something.

He went on a killing rampage till he finally melt. It was a very odd movie.... in a terrible sort of way. I'm only glad it only lasted 65 minutes. <_<

In Brazil... it was called The incredible melting man. :D

Edited by Abombz!!

It's hard to pick just one:

Highlander 2

Space Truckers

Phantom Menace

Battlefield Earth

Matrix Revolutions

Starship Troopers

Soldier

Johnny Mnenomic

Screamers

Jason X

Bad Sci-fi movie that's a guilty pleasure of mine (this is a big secret, shhhhh): Howard the Duck

Beastmaster  <_<

That Ferrigno movie had to be dubbed as Lou is deaf and he sounds really retarted.

You can see the extent of his dissability in Pumping Iron (his bodybuilding showdown with Arnold).

There was this old movie... I don't remember the name. it was about an Astronaut that started to melt or something.

He went on a killing rampage till he finally melt. It was a very odd movie.... in a terrible sort of way. I'm only glad it only lasted 65 minutes. <_<

In Brazil... it was called The incredible melting man. :D

Ahh yes, The Incredible Melting Man. A truly horrid pile of crap, as I recall. :puke:

As for those of you posting movies from the last 5 years or so, you really need to see more movies. The Postman and Battlefield Earth may have been awful films, but there are far, far worse things out there.

1. Battlefield Earth (Never saw it, but I'm convinced.)

2. Leprechaun IV: In Space

3. Highlander II: The Quickening

4. Wing Commander

5. MegaForce

6. Robot Jox

7. Rollerball (2002)

8. Predator 2

9. Alien: Resurrection

10. RoboCop 3

Dishonorable Mention

Alien 3

Universal Soldier: The Return

BTW, anyone here seen TimeCop: The Berlin Decision? I saw the trailer in my Wild Speed X2 DVD recently.

MegaForce? That was so bad, it was good! Kind of like The Warriors. :D

Does Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park count as Sci-Fi? It has quasi-futuritic real-looking robots, kind of like Westworld. If so, that would have to be the worst.