Post in this thread by invitation only

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=32554

Datterboy has created a thread where he has taken it upon himself to lay down ground rules on who can or cannot post images (invite only for images, anyone can comment).

I find it troublesome that a member feels he can create posting guidelines for individual threads, and only slightly less so that a Mod has not done something about this yet (from what I can tell).

While understanding that the Mods typically have their hands full policing threads which have high chances for trouble-making, I still think that this is something that should be nipped in the bud.

I would think that MW members should never presume to dictate who can post in their threads. That is a privilege given to the Moderating team who voluntarily polices this site.

I'll admit it seems like kind of a jerk move to try to dictate who can and can't post...a polite request would've done the trick better.

But ultimately, if a non-invitee posts their CG models, what can Datterboy do about it? He can't delete posts or levy any kind of punishment, so the "rules" of the thread are unenforceable.

Didn't even know the thread existed.

As Gubby said his "rules" aren't endorsed by the admin team so as far as I'm concerned right now .... (read between the lines here)

On the positive note it did create an area where the 3D guys are actually starting to post and post images again so that's a plus. Again this is personal comment not an endorsement.

As far as your No Mod rules go.....neener neener neener!!!

Didn't even know the thread existed.

As Gubby said his "rules" aren't endorsed by the admin team so as far as I'm concerned right now .... (read between the lines here)

On the positive note it did create an area where the 3D guys are actually starting to post and post images again so that's a plus. Again this is personal comment not an endorsement.

As far as your No Mod rules go.....neener neener neener!!!

"Gubby"...?

I have to admit, I did roll my eyes at that one. Threads like that in other forums I'm on get flamed to high heaven when they get posted, usually facilitated by someone posting "against the rules" and the OP getting his panties in a bunch and posting a ton of impotent rage. It's always hilarious.