Lost and Found Toys now flightpose.com

logos

I got the 3 pack and received them a few days ago. Cosmetically, they do look better particularly with the support arms being one piece and are clear from end to end.

However, it seems having the clear tips came at a cost as they don't grip very well compared to the old black rubber ones. I've had several occasions already where I've put VFs on the stands in fighter mode and then see they have slipped or fallen off by the next morning. You can feel the difference in grip just by rubbing your finger over the tips. I tried wiping the tips with some rubbing alcohol to clean off any oils that might be making the tips less grippy, but I think it's just the material used. This limits the poses I can do compared to the old one because I have to pick more level and secure positions to prevent the toys from sliding off over night.

Second gripe, though very minor, is that the base is hollow now and much lighter compared to the older bases. This shifts the center of gravity higher.

Overall, they're still a good value for a stand. I was very less than pleased with the clear Yamato stands in comparison due to their floppiness and inability to hold up a valk at all, but I'm glad I still have my old flexistands and prefer them over the new style due to the loss of functionality in favor of form.

I got the 3 pack and received them a few days ago. Cosmetically, they do look better particularly with the support arms being one piece and are clear from end to end.

However, it seems having the clear tips came at a cost as they don't grip very well compared to the old black rubber ones. I've had several occasions already where I've put VFs on the stands in fighter mode and then see they have slipped or fallen off by the next morning. You can feel the difference in grip just by rubbing your finger over the tips. I tried wiping the tips with some rubbing alcohol to clean off any oils that might be making the tips less grippy, but I think it's just the material used. This limits the poses I can do compared to the old one because I have to pick more level and secure positions to prevent the toys from sliding off over night.

Second gripe, though very minor, is that the base is hollow now and much lighter compared to the older bases. This shifts the center of gravity higher.

Overall, they're still a good value for a stand. I was very less than pleased with the clear Yamato stands in comparison due to their floppiness and inability to hold up a valk at all, but I'm glad I still have my old flexistands and prefer them over the new style due to the loss of functionality in favor of form.

I got some old flexi's at Frank and Son's from a guy who just wanted to get rid of them. I think I bought every one he had (seven of them) for like 40 bucks or something. They're used and have some scratches on them, but I am so glad I have them. They are STILL the best means to display a Valk.

Just wondering if you are the only one experiencing this grip problem with the clear tips. It's annoying to see the valks keep falling off the stands. Quality seems to be dropping with a hollow base and the less grippy clear tips.

My SV-51 dropped 5 feet when it slipped off the stands in B mode, luckily there is nary a scratch. However it was probably due to my bad not balancing it properly. My other valks are still perched after a week. They may not be as great as the first version but it's still the best way to display a valk in fighter mode, banking etc.

My SV-51 dropped 5 feet when it slipped off the stands in B mode, luckily there is nary a scratch. However it was probably due to my bad not balancing it properly. My other valks are still perched after a week. They may not be as great as the first version but it's still the best way to display a valk in fighter mode, banking etc.

That's scary! The SV-51 is a beauty, but its just so intricate that I would assume it's super fragile! Luckily your 51 is okay! That would have given me a heart attack if it were my Valk!

By the way, which version of the 51 is it?

That's scary! The SV-51 is a beauty, but its just so intricate that I would assume it's super fragile! Luckily your 51 is okay! That would have given me a heart attack if it were my Valk!

By the way, which version of the 51 is it?

The best version there is - the CF :). Yeah I expected the worst when I heard the crash, but apparently it landed feet first because all the feet thruster claws were bent at ridiculous angles and the torso was unlocked. Thankfully no permanent damage was done and moments later it was "flying" majestically in fighter mode on the Flightpose stand.

I might just get another triple set of them awesome stands.

• 2 weeks later...

just ordered a set, anyone got any idea,s about giving the tips more grip?

I guess abit of blue tack would help the base,looking forward to them ,would be my first set.

Thanx. :)

• 4 months later...

Hrmm, I have had the opposite effect. I had my skull squadron all displayed in jet mode for a really long time, but decided to take them down to add super/strike parts to them. Upon removal of my Focker I noticed it felt really tight. When I removed him the clear rubber had stuck to the paint and peeled some paint off of the stabilizer on the front of the leg :(

Now my focker is forever in jet mode :(

Were there any clear rubber residue left in the part? Or the grip just took off the paint?

I'm not sure what it is with the clear tips or what they're made of, but they don't so much leave residue themselves as they eat away the paints and clearcoats of things placed on them. The black rubber tips of the original types posed (no pun intended) no problem. I recently checked a couple of the toys I had on the original flexistands where the black tips were touching painted surfaces and I saw no residue or paint stuck to the tips.

The new clear tipped versions are problematic. They don't grip well compared to the black ones and from my own experience they ate through the clearcoats I put on some of my toys and turned the coating into a sticky substance. Until now, I didn't know they also reacted with the paint Yamato uses as well.

I wish they would go back to using the black rubber tips as they didn't really look distracting and they were more functional and not so detrimental to the paints.

I also had this problem with the newer type flexidisplays.

It was on the leg fins of my 1/60 Hikaru DYRL VF-1A. Basically it kinda smudged the paint slightly where the pressure point was, right at the dividing line where red meets black... thought it was because the paint on the toy wasn't fully cured yet, but now I know better.

Nope, I'm not tossing them out yet, just that I have to be more careful when posing, to prevent re-occurence.

Well, I'm happy to report that the VF-22 is OK. The plastic is fine but there are some shiny spots where it came into contact with the ends of the flexi display.

This shininess wiped off so I can only assume it's some sort of oil or release agent. Perhaps this substance is what's causing damage to the paint on some valks. It might contain some sort of mild solvent. I wonder if washing the tips in some warm soapy water like you would any other model or resin kit would help.

just to make everyone panic just a little bit more; on all of the newer stands (solid arms with clear tips and hollow bases) I have, the acrylic disks that hold the arms in place have major cracks forming around the screw holes. :(

just to make everyone panic just a little bit more; on all of the newer stands (solid arms with clear tips and hollow bases) I have, the acrylic disks that hold the arms in place have major cracks forming around the screw holes. :(

Crap... I just looked at mine and noticed cracks have started to form too. And I was careful to not screw too tight. I only screwed in the disc enough so that the arms could actually hold a toy in place.

That's a real bummer. I was planning on using the 3-pack I got instead of buying more Yamato stands. Has anyone contacted flightpose.com yet? Both of these issues (the paint removal and the cracking) aren't things to be taken lightly, and should be rectified by the manufacturer.

One of mine cracked all the way down the middle shortly after I got it (kind of spider webbed from one arm hole to another) and I headed previous MWorld thread warnings not to over tighten them :lol: In it's defense it still works but I glued it just in case.

the only problem I've had was when they first switched over and sent out the wrong screws but they replaced the entire stand for me, not just base.

Haven't noticed the clear tips sticking to paint either but I have noticed the old black tip variety leaving marks on the plastic after a while.

Thankfully, no problems exist with my stand but upon closer inspection of the clear tip, they have small flattened sections where it looks like they're deteriorating where they come in contact with the surface of the toy. Good thing Gamlin's pimp hand was strong in my case ;)

I agree that someone should notify the manufacturer about this. Isn't he a member here?. He needs to know so these can be rectified. It's one thing to have these things damage mass production toys but on the website, they are marketing the stands to modelers etc. I can't imagine spending 10's or 100's of hours on a model kit only to have the paint slowly eaten off by the display stand I put it on.

This really sucks because I was just going to order a few more of these.

• 2 weeks later...

The tips are taking the paint off and now they're cracking?

I have the original ones, which are what? 6 or 7 years old now? One of them cracked when I tightened a screw too hard, but otherwise, the other 9 or so that I have are in excellent like new shape. Knock on wood. And no problems with them taking paint off my toys either!

The details about the thread have just been brought to my attention. This is the first I have heard about the clear tips affecting the painted surface. I will contact the manufacturer to see if there is a remedy (someone suggested washing the tips in warm soapy water).

If anyone has an issue please feel free to contact me at carlos@flightpose.com. Anyone who needs a cracked cover plate replaced let me know.

The details about the thread have just been brought to my attention. This is the first I have heard about the clear tips affecting the painted surface. I will contact the manufacturer to see if there is a remedy (someone suggested washing the tips in warm soapy water).

If anyone has an issue please feel free to contact me at carlos@flightpose.com. Anyone who needs a cracked cover plate replaced let me know.

As a Macross/Mospeada collector, I am so used to being left out in the cold when something goes south.

Now THIS is good customer service.

Excellent response, thanks very much!

Basically all mine are cracked to varying degrees (only one severely) and I am using the ones that came with the correct screws taped to the outside.

Did you also have an issue with the stands?

So far I have only displayed my valks on those stands at exhibitions and conventions, while at home, due to lack of space, I kept them in their boxes. ;)

But I just pm'med him anyway just as a proactive measure and since many of you guys reported having the same issue.

And to Los credit, his response is fast and accomodating. Kudos!

Our manufacturer is looking into it. They looked at the samples they have and did not see any problems but I did direct them to the comments in this thread. I should hear back from them next week.

FYI if you guys ever need replacements parts contact me through the FlightPose site (send us a comment or email me directly at carlos@flightpose.com). We hardly do it but when asked we have always sent out replacement parts for defective bases or cracked cover plates at no charge.