Chie Kajiura (Mylene) in Concert!

Tochiro

• 4 weeks later...
Just announced vis Chie Kajiura's email newsletter, the solo concert she hinted at at the Firebomber Reunion Live last year will be held on July 24!

Location and ticket prices are TBA.

post-9325-1267936513_thumb.jpg

So does she have a new cd out just wondering

• 3 months later...

Okay...DAMN good concert, DAMN good time last night. Chie was awesome. She did about six Mac7 songs, and the rest was all solo stuff, with a few new songs thrown in. Oh, and a Kate Bush cover, which she performed flawlessly. So yeah...a really good performance.

Immediately after the show, Renato, Tochiro, and I were talking to Tenjin as we were on the stairwell to the exit. Suddenly, I saw Tomo Sakurai walk past me...it took a moment to register..."Oh, there's Tomo Sakurai, I should say hi. Nah, she looks busy...wait a sec..." I sprinted up the stairs, and said, "Sakurai-san!" She turned around, looking startled. I extended my hand and said, "Dai-fan desu." Still looking startled, she shook my hand gently, said, "Arigato," and then continued climbing the stairs.

Then, after waiting too long in the lobby (and witnessing the aftermath of a fire nearby), we met up with the Chie Kajiura fanclub, went out for drinks and food, and then to all-night karaoke. Lots of Macross songs, some Mospeada, Orguss, Megazone, and plenty of other '80s mecha hits were sung before I got home (about fifteen minutes ago). Now I'm go to sleep. G'night.

Okay...DAMN good concert, DAMN good time last night. Chie was awesome. She did about six Mac7 songs, and the rest was all solo stuff, with a few new songs thrown in. Oh, and a Kate Bush cover, which she performed flawlessly. So yeah...a really good performance.

Immediately after the show, Renato, Tochiro, and I were talking to Tenjin as we were on the stairwell to the exit. Suddenly, I saw Tomo Sakurai walk past me...it took a moment to register..."Oh, there's Tomo Sakurai, I should say hi. Nah, she looks busy...wait a sec..." I sprinted up the stairs, and said, "Sakurai-san!" She turned around, looking startled. I extended my hand and said, "Dai-fan desu." Still looking startled, she shook my hand gently, said, "Arigato," and then continued climbing the stairs.

Then, after waiting too long in the lobby (and witnessing the aftermath of a fire nearby), we met up with the Chie Kajiura fanclub, went out for drinks and food, and then to all-night karaoke. Lots of Macross songs, some Mospeada, Orguss, Megazone, and plenty of other '80s mecha hits were sung before I got home (about fifteen minutes ago). Now I'm go to sleep. G'night.

Yep, the concert certainly was damn good. Will try to do a mini review later this week when I get a set list together. And good work on the karaoke - you definately kept the JP fanclub on their toes.

I'm just back to home from Wonder Festival.

It was very nice to see you guys. Too bad that I had to leave from Izakaya in the middle of nomikai.

I've heard from save-san that Gubaba-san was the hero in that night. I hope I can go to karaoke with you guys next time!

I've heard from save-san that Gubaba-san was the hero in that night. I hope I can go to karaoke with you guys next time!

*blush*

Thank you, but really...it was fun because EVERYONE was enthusiastic and excited.

So yeah...if you're going to karaoke again, I'd LOVE to go!

Back to the Chie conert, I forgot to mention that today (the 25th) is her birthday (I'm 99.9% sure she's 39 now), and so, as a surprise for her, the fan club (?) handed all of us flyers before the show explaining that at the first encore, the band would play "Happy Birthday," and we were all meant to sing along. She DID seem rather surprised when the big moment came... :D

Oh, and Tochiro...if it helps, the Kate Bush cover she did was "Feel It," from The Kick Inside (Kate Bush's first album, and one of her best).

The Mylene songs she performed weren't always the obvious choices...no "My Friends," no "Sweet Fantasy," but we did get "Love It," "Kimi ni Todoke," "Dakedo Baby," "Pillow Dream," and "Koi no Mahou."

If anyone has read my concert reviews before, you probably know that I try to take a pick or two in the hall/arena to show the atmosphere. Well, I managed to actually get a decent one during the concert this time. On my little camera it was a total fluke!

post-9325-128009725873_thumb.jpg

you should have asked her to berate Basara or praise Gamlin-san

Despite the difficulty of spotting Gubaba, myself, and Renato in the pic... Chie DID see us apparently! I asked her if she could see us and got this response ;-)

'お〜見えてました。外国人部隊が日本語で歌ってる〜と思いました!ペラペラですね〜!?'

So there you go Gubaba, our Japanese singing ability has been praised by Mylene herself!

....FIRE!!!!!!

Despite the difficulty of spotting Gubaba, myself, and Renato in the pic... Chie DID see us apparently! I asked her if she could see us and got this response ;-)

So there you go Gubaba, our Japanese singing ability has been praised by Mylene herself!

....FIRE!!!!!!

Can you translate for us unfortunate folk who can't read Japanese nor could go to the concert? Man you guys were lucky!

Can you translate for us unfortunate folk who can't read Japanese nor could go to the concert? Man you guys were lucky!

Unfortunate folk? Go buy a text book and some dictionaries man! :-p

Yeah, I could see you. I though, 'the foreign brigade is singing in Japanese!' You guys are fluent, arent you!

Hey there, I'm back from Mie and Aichi prefectures.

It's been one hell of a weekend. I am quite disappointed that we never got to actually speak to Chie-san, but it was an absolutely amazing concert nonetheless, and the chance of having a chat with MacPlus/Mac7 record producer Shiro Sasaki (I translated some of his writings a few months back in the Fire Bomber Music thread) and of course Tomo Sakurai was unexpected and incredible.

After the concert, the hardcore Macross fans showed me some of their TV appearances. You know, I never realized just how close-knit the Macross community is over here. It seems that everyone knows each other. Now that I'm Kanto-based I will try and meld the foreign and Japanese groups together and form some unstoppable force of Protoculture Addicts/ Lying Purists. :p

I'm really glad I went to this concert, Chie is amazing, her music is both ethereal and wild, and I can't wait for her next gig/album.

Unfortunate folk? Go buy a text book and some dictionaries man! :-p

Yeah, I could see you. I though, 'the foreign brigade is singing in Japanese!' You guys are fluent, arent you!

Well, I more so meant that we couldn't be at the concert than can't read Japanese, but I get the drift. I'll have to find my old text book and get a dictionary. Anyway, thanks for translating! Looked like a really fun time!

....FIRE!!!!!!

BOMBAA!!

Seriously...I'm kinda speechless. :ph34r:

I must be blind, but I can't see you in the picture Gubaba despite looking over it several times!

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking of actually trying to take my Fukuoka trip sometime this August, despite knowing from experience how hot and humid Japan can be during then.

Edited by Beltane70

*blush*

Thank you, but really...it was fun because EVERYONE was enthusiastic and excited.

So yeah...if you're going to karaoke again, I'd LOVE to go!

Pic of Gubaba rocking the Mospeada opening.

Now that I'm Kanto-based I will try and meld the foreign and Japanese groups together and form some unstoppable force of Protoculture Addicts/ Lying Purists. :p

"

Really, I wish I would have thought of doing something like that.

post-3328-128040380955_thumb.jpg

Edited by Save

Track list is up.

M1 無題(未発表曲) -- Untitled (Unreleased track)

M2 恋がおちた -- Koi ga ochita

M3 恋のマホウ -- Koi no Mahou (The one I said she wouldn't do -- I think she must've heard me!)

M4  Love it  

M5 RANDOM GOOD BOY 

M6 君に届け  -- Kimi ni Todoke (first half with xylophone accompaniment, second half similar to the Acoustic Fire version)

ボコーダコーナー -- Vocaloid Corner

M7 かたまり  -- Katamari (This cool jazzy tune is the sexiest Kajiura song ever)

M8 →シロとクロ← -- Shiro to kuro 

M9 love letter

カバー FFEEL IT

M10 2moon

M11 睡眠HEAVEN -- Suimin Heaven

M12 僕は -- Boku wa

M13 Ready Go

M14 届く程高く -- Todoku hodo Takaku

アンコール  ・・・だけど ベイビー!! -- Dakedo Baby

アンコール   PILLOW DREAM

P M1 dear FLOWER

P M2 SWEET FANTASY

P M3 Free& Flower セッション

Great Karaoke pic!

Good to see the track list - will get around to writing a review soonish - have at least 4 concert reviews backed up and Im trying to get ready for a business trip - Busy summer is busy!

@Beltane70 - Actually we werent that far back. Id say about 60% of the crowd was in front of us and 40% were behind us. See the pic I posted earlier to get a feel for what the view of the stage was like :-)