Indiana Jones V - in development

4 was pretty neat, until I saw the siafu ants, shia swinging with the monkeys, and the psychedelic skulls. But overall, I liked the movie.

the monkey vine swinging crap was pretty stupid but other than that I liked it. The alien skull thing doesn't bother me, I mean the second movie had f*cking GLOWING ROCKS.

The two parts I hated about the fourth movie: Monkey Shia, Indy in a lead fridge... Even if he were saved from the radiation the force from being launched would have left him as bloody pulp in the veggie crisper. I can stomach some zaniness.... like the two cars driving on a suprisingly well constructed road in the middle of the amazon while two swordsman spar while standing on the trunk but Monkey Shia and Indy in a fridge were serious "c'mon" moments. Also, I was never quite clear on why the Russians needed the Roswell alien... it seemed like they had pretty much everything they needed already in South America.

I liked 4 goddammit. it was better than 2. <_< It needed more Sean Connery though.

BETTER than part two, what are you thinking, come on now, Well you must not beee talking bout Indiana Jonesss part two then, Possibly you were talking bout Iron Eagles part two, yep that must be it then .................. Better then part two equals LOLLLLLL

Edited by HEY BOYS

noooooooooo Iiiiiiii agreeeeEEEEeeee Indyyyyyyy foooooooooour isSSSSsss better than Innnnnnndddddyyyyyyy twooooOOOoooo...................................................................

.................................................................................

.................................................................................

..........................mayyyyybe, you haaaAAAaave a hard tiiiiIIIIIiiime readingggg wordssss thaaaat don'tttt randommmmly haaave exxxxtra letttters or sentencessss without, ran,dommmm, punctuati'onnnnn maaaarks??????

noooooooooo Iiiiiiii agreeeeEEEEeeee Indyyyyyyy foooooooooour isSSSSsss better than Innnnnnndddddyyyyyyy twooooOOOoooo...................................................................

................................................................................

................................................................................

..........................mayyyyybe, you haaaAAAaave a hard tiiiiIIIIIiiime readingggg wordssss thaaaat don'tttt randommmmly haaave exxxxtra letttters or sentencessss without, ran,dommmm, punctuati'onnnnn maaaarks??????

Bro calm down with your typing methods your goin to hurt yourself

4 wasn't bad. The problems I had with it were more the appearance of opponents that weren't really developed. Even with a second viewing, I didn't really understand who they were or why they cared about what the heroes were doing (the one's at the grave site, and the one's behind the waterfall).

Otherwise, it was exactly the kind of movie I expected an Indian Jones movie to be: fun, exciting, mysterious and bad guys getting their comuppances.

So, hearing that there's going to be a 5th film, makes me happy. Just promise me one thing: NO 3D!

The two parts I hated about the fourth movie: Monkey Shia, Indy in a lead fridge... Even if he were saved from the radiation the force from being launched would have left him as bloody pulp in the veggie crisper.

I always attributed that to the fact that the guy drank from the Cup of Christ. That same cup that kept a Crusader alive for yonkers of hundreds of years. All in all, I enjoyed Indy 4, sillyness and all. It kept me entertained while watching it, which is more than I can say for other films.

the swarming killer ants was the best part of the movie.

I dunno about that. With the first three movies, there was a real thrill: They were REAL snakes, REAL bugs & REAL rats. At the very least, you could empathize with the actors being put in those situations, and their tension came across in their performances. The ants were obviously CG from start to finish, and it just didn't have that same sense of creepiness. And this comes from someone who's allergic to ant bites and has had nightmares about swarming piles of ants!

I dunno about that. With the first three movies, there was a real thrill: They were REAL snakes, REAL bugs & REAL rats. At the very least, you could empathize with the actors being put in those situations, and their tension came across in their performances. The ants were obviously CG from start to finish, and it just didn't have that same sense of creepiness. And this comes from someone who's allergic to ant bites and has had nightmares about swarming piles of ants!

Oh, I agree with you. I'm just saying... between the monkeys, the horrible stereotypical caricature of generic "south americans", the clumsy and awkward portrayal of early American nuclear naiveté, and the rather blatant use of CGI, the ants were the best part.

You know where they should go for the fifth movie? Under the sea, (onboard the Nautilus,) to Atlantis.

the swarming killer ants was the best part of the movie.

It didn't really give me much of an impact since I already knew what siafu ants are. The magic was dispelled before it even started! :(

But then again, what if the crystal skull mutated them? :blink:

5? Maybe will make up for it. Likely it will suck too. How old will he be for this one 70?

Daresay that Shia may take over the role? :wacko:

After they walk through that Graveyard and kung fu zombies (or whatever they were) started popping out, I tuned out.

I... don't remember that.

Edited by shiroikaze

Oh, I agree with you. I'm just saying... between the monkeys, the horrible stereotypical caricature of generic "south americans", the clumsy and awkward portrayal of early American nuclear naiveté, and the rather blatant use of CGI, the ants were the best part.

No matter what anyone says about 4, it didn't have farting Kate Capshaw and her high pitched shrieking every 15 seconds. for that reason alone it's a better movie.

also short round is the worst character ever.

No matter what anyone says about 4, it didn't have farting Kate Capshaw and her high pitched shrieking every 15 seconds. for that reason alone it's a better movie.

also short round is the worst character ever.

and I'm not disagreeing with you, despite all that, Indy IV was still more enjoyable than Indy 2.

Y'know...I always thought I was an Indiana Jones fan until I bought the DVD box set a few years ago. I watched the three movies over three nights, and discovered that really, I was a Raiders of the Lost Ark fan...watching them again for the first time in quite a while, I thought Temple of Doom was a mess, and Last Crusade was just kinda silly.

I never saw the fourth movie, and I don't really feel like I missed much.

I am surprised Indy has not gone through the reboot/retcon/fabulous remake machine. Though it's only a matter of time imo. B)) ... Uwe Boll needs to hurry up and do his Uncharted movie!

that would be awesome. Indy is now a grizzled Iraq war veteran.. he was an archeology phd candidate at UCSC but was also serving in the Natinoal Guard, having been a Navy SEAL and an Army Ranger in his mysterious past. Now, Suffering from PTSD and guilt over the cultural looting that happened following the fall of Baghdad, he puts his unique skills to good use, tracking down the antiquities stolen by privateers and looters and returning them to a grateful new Iraq.

I dugh that Indy was one of the guys called in for the Roswell crash, I htought that was hysrterical. I didnt mind the alien factor. But good god there was a lot of stupid stuff in that movie. Indy was was kinda dumb, but still fun. Indy 4 had its moments, but overall was just kind of a mess.

And please dont let Uwe Boll near Uncharted. I love that game, and good movie is possible from it. And what's awesome, is you could cast the same voice actors in the live action parts!

Nolan North as Nathan Drake

north.jpg

Emily Rose as Elana Fisher

Emily-rose_001_1195258393.jpg

Richard McGonacle as Sully

551317-richard_mcgonagle_large.jpg

And when they get to the sequal:

Steve Valentine as Harry Flynn

AYL-00219640085.jpg

Claudia Black as Chloe Frazer

htf_imgcache_40162.jpeg

Best movie ever :)

Edited by Scream Man

HIiIiIiIiIiIi EuGiMoN Annnnnnnnnnnnd HooooooooooW ............... Arrrrrrrre YoUUUUUUUUUUUU ToooooooDAY BRooooooooooo ..................